S/C/G: 293.6/286.4/200

Height: 5'9

Default Meet me, SweetEpiphany!

First name: Erva

Geographical location: Washington, D.C.

Marital Status: Dating

Children/Ages: No kids

Pets: No pets

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Salsa Dancing, Music, Learning about Fitness, Scrabble, Window shopping , Bikram Yoga, Learning how to ride my new bike on actual streets, not the sidewalk

Height: 5'9

Eye/Hair Color: Brown Eyes / Black Hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 6/27/2010

Starting Weight: 293.4

Present Weight: 288.4

Goal Weight: First Goal is 250; Second Goal is 200; Third Goal is 180.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love chocolate, and candy, and like many I am an emotional eater. Learning how to channel my stress eating into another activity will be a challenge. Also controlling my portions is a huge hurdle.

Following any specific plan: I am measuring and pre-packaging my food; tracking my calories on sparkpeople.com; working out for at least 30 minutes every day; trying to get 7-8 hours of sleep each night; taking a good multivitamin; weighing in every morning; and keeping an Excel spreadsheet of daily weight, so I can make a chart of my progress.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: The biggest difference is that I am measuring and pre-packing my food before I eat. Portion control is hard, and this really helps a lot. I bought a little scale, which makes it easier for me to keep track of everything I eat. I have never minded going to the gym, but I was also bad with portions, so hopefully getting my calories/nutrition in check will give me results.

"these hips are big hips.
they need space to
move around in.
they don't fit into little
petty places. these hips
are free hips.
they don't like to be held back.
these hips have never been enslaved,
they go where they want to go
they do what they want to do.
these hips are mighty hips.
these hips are magic hips.