Old 07-01-2010, 08:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/255/150

Height: 5'4

Default Could I just not be ready to do this?

I ask myself this question everyday. Every time I screw up and feel like I can't get healthy.

How did I just gain 2 pounds in a week?

I really can't be around my kitchen!
ENOUGH ALREADY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

I've been there! Then I read this article in a magazine about a girl who lost 150 lbs and her advice was "It doesn't, can't, and won't happen, until you are ready for it to happen" I had been struggling with weight loss for SOO long, it wasn't until I realized that I wanted to change for the better by being humiliated by my now ex-husband that I made that change.

I'm here now, it took me a year, and I"ve been maintaining for 6 months, and so far, so good! I only have the rest of my life to keep it up!

Best of luck to you, I know you can do it, you just need to light that lil flame that wants to spark, and have it burn baby!
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

I totally agree that you can't do it until you're ready--so maybe it's time to think about what exactly you want, not just in weight loss, but in other aspects of your life as well. Having goals and prioritizing helps me to focus.

Also, when I think I want to give up, I remember that if I don't give up, I'll at least be the same weight a year from now, and I will likely even lose some. If I do give up, I'll gain gain gain!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:32 AM   #4  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I've been actively trying to lose weight for the year I've been a member here at Chicks. I"ve lost 12 lbs so far, all of which I've lost in a 2 month span. I spent some time finding a plan that I'll stick too, dealing with my emotional eating, and just rebelling, for lack of a better word.

And I'm still not sure I have it together, but I keep trying.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:39 AM   #5  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Ask yourself two questions. Why do you want to lose weight? Why not you?
Find your "why"!!
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:04 AM   #6  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Ugh, I know how you feel.

I absolutely HATE gaining weight.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:48 AM   #7  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I know just how you feel.
From January to June 2009, I lost 50lbs. (This is after having lost it all, or nearly all, twice before. Sigh.)
In June got dumped by best friend. Why oh why, can't I go off my food when sad? Instead I regained 40lbs. I've currently re-lost 13 of those 40.

From January 2010 to May 24 2010 at 06:30, I tried and tried and tried to get back into losing again. I didn't hang on for more than a day. Then it seemed that when I was eating the processed carbs - oh, the Snickers bars - that I just became completely incapable of sticking to a healthy WOE, I didn't care and I'd eat a Mars Bar just to show you that I didn't care about the Snickers.

I think all you can do is keep digging for your why. Mine finally clicked and, so far so good, but I feel a bit like a tightrope walker, frightened to stop or cheat even to a miniscule degree, I feel it could all come tumbling down.

I like the question above: "Why not you?"
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:34 AM   #8  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I highly recommend the book "The Four Day Win". I borrowed it from the library, and was so impressed I bought a copy for my own. It's not a diet book, but rather works you through the steps of change management... from pre-contemplation, to contemplation, preparation, action, maintenance. It emphasizes how most diets throw you right into "action", and that if you're not actually at that step yet, it will likely fail.

It has a lot of exercises and tools that really helped me get ready for this journey. And made it much easier to not just take the first step, but to take the step after that (which always seems so much harder!).
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:14 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 255/255/150

Height: 5'4

Thanks for all the advice ladies. I just seem to be lost in finding out my why. I can't get it together though this is what I want most.

I went and joined WW and when I got on the scale I wanted to bolt after I saw how much I weighed. But I stood there and cried on truing this for like the 12th time.
ENOUGH ALREADY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:25 PM   #10  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I think you are ready to lose, or you wouldn't be here and you wouldn't even be trying. I think the struggle just seems overwhelming right now. Can you sit down and come up with a plan to help keep yourself on track? What I did was to make a 1500 calorie menu that I committed to sticking with for 1 week. At the end of that week, I'd lost 5.6 pounds. Then, I decided to go for another week.....and, so on. Is there a plan you can put into place that will give you at least a few days on-plan? I've found that having a few days "under my belt" does help to get me going down the wrong path. Sometimes, that initial start-up period can be overwhelming!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:04 PM   #11  
Going to be a mommy!

S/C/G: 255/225/200

Height: 5'4" Age: 31

Default You Can Do It!

I have been working on weight loss for almost 2 years now... (In Aug). I have lost 72 lbs.... I feel like it is taking me a long time compared to others, but I have time... I am not in a huge rush! I know part of the reason it has slowed down is because in August of this year I started an accelerated nursing program which sorta pushed weight loss a bit on the back burner. I count but not a well and I exercise but not as much... so yeah I know what I can do to lose faster, but I am relatively happy at the pace I am moving now... Slow and steady wins the race, right?!!

You can definitely do it! Oh, I am a weight watcher member... It was my 5th time joining when I did two years ago... The number 1 rule I have is NEVER miss a meeting no matter what! Start out with small changes so you don't overwhelm yourself and burn out quickly.
akacutie is offline   Reply With Quote