Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 06-29-2010, 09:36 AM   #1  
I'm melting.....

S/C/G: 212/194.3/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Want to order some goal clothes - need help

I hope y'all don't mind me posting such a silly question here, but I'm trying to order some clothes from the J Jill closeout catalog that would hopefully fit at goal. I'm not getting any bottoms - just tops. So I just need to know if I'm more likely to fit in a small or medium top at goal.

My stats at goal will be:

5'2"
125-130 pounds
most likely a "D" or "DD" chest

DH says that I'll never fit a small with my chest, but I already fit in some mediums and I still have 40 pounds to go. I don't want to buy too many clothes that end up not fitting at goal, but we're going to Disneyworld in February which means that I will need some warm weather clothes and I won't have any at this rate!
kuchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

HI! I'm 5' 4'' and I wear a 34DD in bras and all my tops are small. And it isn't tight either. Hope that helps, but I recommend going with your instinct. I originally bought mediums, but they were still too big, OH, and I used to be a size 20! Best of luck!
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

kuchick - do you shop regularly at jjill? If not, you should know that their sizing can be a little different than sizing elsewhere and their sizes can run quite large. My mom usually wears a medium elsewhere and wears a small or extra small there. When I was thinner, I had the same issue and trust me, I was not buying extra smalls anywhere else! Not trying to mess with your plans at all as I think goal clothes are a fun idea, I just wouldn't want you to be disappointed if the clothes are too big when you meet goal. Good luck!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:06 PM   #4  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

I have a large chest too (FF cup in a properly fitted bra), but a small ribcage (band size is 30). I wear size small in shirts at most places but I agree that JJill runs large. I only bought something there once but I bought an extra-small.

I never though I would fit this chest into a size small top either, but mediums hang off my back. The cut is more important when fitting for a large chest than the size.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:12 PM   #5  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Completely agree with dancerindenver and paperclippy - jjill's clothing are very generously sized - most of what I ordered online had to be returned because it was cut too large for what it said the size was. If you have a JJill anywhere near you, go and see what size you fit in there now, and then you can adjust from that. Good luck - sounds like fun!
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:34 PM   #6  
I'm melting.....

S/C/G: 212/194.3/140

Height: 5'2"

Thank you so much for your response. I actually did go to J Jill this weekend (there's one 45 min away) and I tried on clothes. I'm in medium in some tops, still large in a couple of their "lines" that were small in the upper arms, but tried on a small linen sleeveless top that almost fit already. I knew that they run large, but I still can't wrap my mind around the thought of buying size small or even x-small! The smallest weight I remember being is 145 and that was 18 years ago so those sizes don't even translate to today's sizes.

I'm going to order smalls and a couple x-smalls in the styles I know run large. I just need to get a few things somewhat cheaply so that I don't get hit with needing a warm weather wardrobe all at once. Even if I don't get to goal before the trip, I know I will before next summer - I'm never giving up
kuchick is offline   Reply With Quote