View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 12:18 PM   #229
ImpalaHoarder
Captain Prescriptivism

S/C/G: 197/197/143

Height: 5'3"

First name: Brighid

Geographical location: Boston, MA

Age: 19 (not quite 20 yet, hope you won't hold it against me)

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: none

Pets: 1 fish named Marcus Porcius Cato. A betta, and the the angriest I've ever seen. Bites, although he doesn't have teeth. If ever there was a fish who wanted Carthage to be destroyed, this would be it.

Hobbies/Interests: classics (can you tell), writing, drawing, scifi (BSG is a favorite), D&D, all sorts of nerdy junk like that.

Height: 5'3" 1/2

Eye/Hair Color: green/green and blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Some time in 2007.

Starting Weight: 206 pounds

Present Weight: 173 pounds

Goal Weight: My ticker lies- my real goal is 145 pounds.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: When I get depressed I eat a ton to compensate often. And, of course, exercising and dieting make me prone to mood swings, which can cause me to feel depressed.... etc.

Following any specific plan: Counting calories, trying to get a little bit each of protein, carbs, and fats.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
This is really just a continuation, but what's different this time among other things is 1) my metabolism seems to have sped up a ton since my last attempt, so more calories feel like fewer, but I also lose faster
2) I'm re-losing weight, which means I'm less easily satisfied by seeing numbers go down (I got all the way down to 162 way back in the day), and also that sometimes I try to do things I can't do, because I think I'm in better shape than I am because once I was in such good shape.
3)I no longer am part of a competitive team, so I can't rely on team conditioning to get me my exercise. I've got to self-motivate.

Anything else you would like to share with us:Really excited about interacting with a small group of people on this forum and getting to know y'all!

Note: If my weight seems to be jumping around a lot, that's because it is: it's whatever my most recent weigh in is.