South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 02:52 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Touching Base Tuesday

Good Morning

I'm pulling an all-nighter. I got a call from my Mom at 1pm yesterday.She'd fallen backwards off her retaining wall in her front yard and was at the ER. So 350 miles later, 6 cracked ribs and a fractured scapula later, I'm back home- with Mom. I was glad I got a good bike ride in before she called. So I'm having dinner lol and will probably lie down, although I don't anticipate sleeping too well. Today's agenda will be to find a Dr here, but I'll go to water aerobics early. It's important to take care of myself, too. Bingster went on the drive with me...that part was nice, he's so adaptable.

I'll be interested to hear what everyone has planned. Although I usually feel it's never too early (or too late) for coffee, it doesn't sound too good right now...maybe a bit later.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-29-2010, 06:03 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Debbie. Hope you got a little rest. Glad you Mom is basically okay but what a scare. I'm so glad you take such good care of yourself. Hope today is much calmer!

Today is supposed to be less humid and less hot I'll be in the office most of the day so probably freezing instead. We did get word that Friday will be a half day so it will be a quick week.

Yesterday's excitement was baby orioles at the jelly feeder. They are coming in with the parents and being fed there. It's the first time that's happened. Usually the orioles stop using the feeders before the babies fledge. DW is going to try for some pictures today

How is your day shaping up?
Old 06-29-2010, 06:20 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Debbie, I'm so sorry about your mom! I hope she feels better soon. What on earth was she doing sitting (or standing) on a retaining wall?

Today is my son's first day at camp and all of us are very nervous. I've had anxiety all night plus yesterday was another *stellar* day with my boss who called me in for a meeting and then refused to listen to what I had to say, which happens all the time. I did ask her to release the raise letters to the staff though, and I think she felt suitably ashamed for withholding them.

Overall right now I feel very trapped in my job and my apartment, which I also dislike. But I can't visualize new situations that I can emotionally connect to. I think I need to do some serious vision work.

Remained on plan yesterday though, with an exception of a little wine in the evening. I'll be on plan again today. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Debbie, what a scary thing to happen to your mother! I'm glad you were able to get her and take her to your house so she can recuperate with loved ones helping her heal. I hope you were able to get a few hours of quality sleep before starting your day.

Cyndi, I hope you're taking a sweater to the office. It never fails to amaze me that in these days of everyone cutting back, most places still have the air set so that you freeze. I hope you can get some good pictures of the baby Orioles, they must be fascinating to watch!

It's supposed to be a tad more comfortable today. We never did make it to a pool yesterday. Their piano teacher is back from her missionary work, so we scheduled lessons for yesterday afternoon. Perhaps today we'll fit it into our schedule.

Well, the washer stopped so I'm going to change loads and try to get it all finished before heading off for the day.

See you all later, and have a great day!
Old 06-29-2010, 06:46 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning!

Debbie, so sorry about your Mother's accident but glad you were able to rescue her and bring her to your house. I hope you are catching up on sleep right now.

Nothing major on the schedule today except for taking the float to Bingo around 5:30. I may phone some of the schools to see if their work for the Fair is ready for pick-up a day early. I did do the trip to Kingston for "foreign" money yesterday so that's no longer on the list.

Right now a soak in the tub and another coffee sounds like a plan! I'm dragging a bit this morning.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:16 AM   #6  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Debbie, what a scary thing to go through! I'll be praying for your mom's quick recovery and for your energy and good health while you're caring for her.

Hi Cyndi, I don't believe I've ever seen a baby oriole. Watching them at the feeder must really be something! Try to stay warm and comfortable today.

Good morning Matilda, I hope your son has an awesome day at camp today!

Linda, I hope you get a swim in, and Ruth I hope you find time for a quick nap, or at least some snuggle time with the dogs.

I'm heading to a friend's camp later this morning and we've got a day of swimming, walking and Scrabble planned. I'm bringing some fruit and some SF peanut butter cookies, but she's fixing lunch. I'm not sure what's on the menu but I'm sure it will be yummy. I'm glad we've got an active day planned in case I end up eating some things I shouldn't.

Enjoy your Tuesday friends!

Last edited by Heidi58; 06-29-2010 at 07:16 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. I got home from (a horrible eating weekend at) the lake Sunday night and stayed off here yesterday because of my antivirus warnings, which I am ignoring today. Missed you all! I've been busy, but not busy enough to keep myself from overeating. I think I really need a phase 1 shot.

Debbie - I am so sorry about your mom! You are right - you need to take care of yourself too.

Have a great day all! BBL
Old 06-29-2010, 08:58 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi All! Thanks for all the kind thoughts and prayers
Mom got through the night quite well. Every time I checked she was sleeping. She's sitting up in bed and she's quite good with her own pain management. I got some rest and am going to the pool since class is early. She is very fortunate. Her lawn is sloped and she was moving her hose and went backwards through the hedge then off the wall. How she didn't get hurt worse is a true miricale! I'll be back later-now I'm going to go enjoy the pool and a visit with my friends. Fortunately, Mom has lots of friends here and I know they'll come visit regularly. Bing is going to stay with her while we're gone-he's going to get lots of practice since he's now a registered hospital dog.

See ya'll later!
Old 06-29-2010, 09:25 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Debbie I will pray for quick recovery for your mom.

We should all be thankful that we have mobility and are able to get our exercise in- Friday I saw a quadruple amputee woman at our base commisary and it just tore at my heart strings..her son who looked to be about 12 was pushing her in a baby stroller and I can not imagine going through that. I will be praying for her and her family.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:55 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 188/172/155

Height: 5'6''

Oh gosh Debbie! Glad yor mom is ok (kinda

Boring day of reorganinzing our myriad of books. Dh is looking to get rid of some videos as well We try to clean during the summer when we're off. Baby is going through a hitting the dog phase. We're really trying to stay on top of that.

Still on- plan except for a couple of sugar free cocktails Hitting the pool this afternoon. Hubby is still dropping weight pretty quickly")
Closed Thread