View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 08:45 AM   #4
rockinrobin
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
This may be a nosy question , but why are you having to set up your DD'S new apartments ? If they are old enough to get married, they are old enough to set up their own apartments. This would eliminate some of the stress. When I was a bride, eons ago, I wanted to do my own thing and didn't want some one else's ideas. Why not let them do it ?
Good question, one I ask myself from time to time. But this is just me, this is what I WANT to do, I want to be there for them.

DD#1 is in training right now for a job she starts in September and the hours are, get this, and I'm not exaggerating - 5 days a week, from 6 o'clock in the morning till 10 o'clock in the evening. And she has some health issues and my husband is a contractor and I've dabbled in decorating, so all these things combined, well I just want to ease some of HER stress. And DD#2's apartment is right around the corner from me (a good thing) and we had her bridal shower here last week (ooh another stress factor) and since we're lucky enough to have the apt so early (we didn't have it for #1), I'd just like things to be nice for them.

I know I add some of this stress to myself, but that is me and this is the way I want it - I suppose (no, I do). I've mentioned many times, my daughters nearing marital age was one of the pushing factors for me to lose the weight for this very reason - the stress and the activity and *just being there for them*.

Although I new they were nearing the age, I didn't realize it would be *this* near and so close to one another!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote