Old 06-21-2010, 01:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210.8/175.2/120

Height: 5' 3"

Default Is my weight loss stall normal?

I'm on week #11 of Ideal Protein. I get weighed in every 2 weeks because I live 1 hour away. I'm down 31 lbs so far and in the first few weeks I was losing 3-5lbs a week easy. The last 2 weigh ins were 2.5/week and 2/week.. my couch says I should still loose 3-5lbs a week consistantly on the program. We tried cutting restricted foods out this week but so far it's not getting any faster..in 1/2 a week I'm not even noticing I'm down a pound yet.... I don't cheat, never have. Is this normal? When you get to week 10+ you just loose approx 2 lbs a week? I'm ok if that is normal and I will still appreciate the loss and reach my goal.. but if it's not normal, I want to find out how to fix it and make the program work as best as possible. Thx

I'm 5'3", started at 180.4lbs and am currently 149.4lbs
ch1cka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW-226 219/212.5/145

Height: 5'7

I don't think for your current weight you should be losing 3-5 pounds a week, you shouldn't be losing more than 1% of your body weight, since you're 149.4 pounds you should be losing no more than 1.5 pounds. Congrats on the weight loss so far!! I think what is happening is completely normal and healthy Keep up the good work
Linnerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 02:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1cka View Post
I'm on week #11 of Ideal Protein. I get weighed in every 2 weeks because I live 1 hour away. I'm down 31 lbs so far and in the first few weeks I was losing 3-5lbs a week easy. The last 2 weigh ins were 2.5/week and 2/week.. my couch says I should still loose 3-5lbs a week consistantly on the program. We tried cutting restricted foods out this week but so far it's not getting any faster..in 1/2 a week I'm not even noticing I'm down a pound yet.... I don't cheat, never have. Is this normal? When you get to week 10+ you just loose approx 2 lbs a week? I'm ok if that is normal and I will still appreciate the loss and reach my goal.. but if it's not normal, I want to find out how to fix it and make the program work as best as possible. Thx

Hi..I have been on IP 9 wks and the last 4 week have been loosing 2 lbs or so, today my coach suggested I try IP boot camp for a week ( don't have any regular protein at supper, instead have 2 IP protein packs). I am going to try it this week to see if it can get my body revved up again!!
Journeysend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:48 AM   #4  
Motivated IP-er

S/C/G: HW313(2007) 264(IP)/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I've only been on the program for 5 weeks, and doing it very strictly (Phase I non-restricted only). I've lost 27 pounds so far, much of it the first week (14.7 pounds). Then it slowed down, especially weeks 3 & 4, where I only lost 1#/wk. But this last week? 3 more. And I think trying not to eat too late, and *not skipping meals* (which I do occasionally due to oversleeping on the weekend) would help.

If you are at a plateau, if you keep eating right, you will eventually drop below it. And when you do, it will all be worth it!
sgorny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:34 AM   #5  

hello,i had wls 6 years ago i live at rota spain and was at 200 kilos got down in 12 months to 100 kilos but stopped after accident and 2 years with no exercise im back at 124 kilos,what diet should i do to get started again please i need help i have a total knee replacement and need to get down to 100 kilos again to have extra skin taken off,where can i see a good diet to get down again and i go to the pool everyday is that ok for exercise because i cant walk very much because of bad knee arthritis on my right knee well please if someone would help me thank you very much
cristinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 05:17 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

mine has slowed tremendously in the last month. been on for 9+ weeks, i figure my body is happy around this weight because i've been here since 14 or so, and is fighting it. so i just keep going
mamaerinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:45 AM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

Hmm...I was wondering about that same thing with weightloss slowing down. This is my 13th week-you can see how week #11 something happened.

Week # Wt. Loss
1 10
2 6.5
3 7
4 3
5 6
6 4
7 4.5
8 4.5
9 4.5
10 3.5
11 2
12 4
Total 59.5

Anyway, I didn't feel like I was losing like before. I just thought that it was a lot of weight to lose in a short period of time and that I would just keep doing what I have been doing. It seems that this week, my weight has taken a bigger dip than any week since the beginning. Just keep on keepin' on! I didn't cut out restricted foods or do anything differently. It is just your body on this protocol. (Of course I do have a lot of weight to lose still-about 45 lbs)
CUSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 03:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1cka View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUSU View Post
Hmm...I was wondering about that same thing with weight loss slowing down. This is my 13th week-you can see how week #11 something happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnerz View Post
I don't think for your current weight you should be losing 3-5 pounds a week, you shouldn't be losing more than 1% of your body weight, .... Keep up the good work

I did the same thing around week 11 and have read about several other who also slow down at week 11. Not everyone has this response, we have a few dynamos that keep burning! It seems some people adapt to ketosis around 3 or 4 months into the process (just what I have researched) and they start creating new glycogen from a process called gluconeogenesis. It is enough to create an apparent stall or slow down in weight loss because your body now has very small amount of a type of sugar it can burn before the fats. The diet isn't suppose to allow for that but it seems to happen anyway for some.

I also sent a message to Dr Tran Tien Chanh. I was very concerned that my weight loss had dropped to a steady level of 1 to 2 pounds a week after I lost a large amount of weight (I was around 35% of my original body weight lost) and still had about 30 pounds to go. He wrote back and assured me this was normal. He also told me for my weight, 2 pounds a week at this stage was fine.

I am not sure why clinics insist on seeing more along the lines of 3 pounds per week all along. The plan says an average of 3 to 5 per week. It is just that an average. And, not everyone is average! I have a slow thyroid and I am lucky to be losing where I am. My average will of course be lower. Also, the closer you get to a healthy body fat and natural weight your body WILL slow down. It is going to be more careful of what it gives up in fat if that fat might also be a healthy, essential body part! Linnerz is right, the closer you get the more that 1% per week rule applies!

Don't worry about the loss and don't do anything crazy that might be unhealthy to bump the loss. This diet is restrictive enough.

I have checked with my coach who checked with the regional and the corporate levels. THERE IS NO ROCKET DIET or BOOT CAMP diet in the official, Ideal Protein supplied, clinic training manuals. (sometimes the restricted first 3 weeks are called boot camp but they just eliminate restricted foods and occasional veggies.) You need to eat the real protein and all the veggies on this diet so, if someone suggests cutting them out, it is an idea that is not coming from the makers of this plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristinab View Post
hello,i had wls 6 years ago i live at rota spain and was at 200 kilos got down in 12 months to 100 kilos but stopped after accident and 2 years with no exercise im back at 124 kilos,what diet should i do to get started again please i need help i have a total knee replacement and need to get down to 100 kilos again to have extra skin taken off,where can i see a good diet to get down again and i go to the pool everyday is that ok for exercise because i cant walk very much because of bad knee arthritis on my right knee well please if someone would help me thank you very much

Cristina,

Hola! Wow! Felicataciones para su peso perdieron! Yo no se si puede encontrar Proteina Ideal en Espana pero, mira aqui:
www.idealprotein.com
Posiblemente ellos le pueden decir donde comprarlo en Espana or Europa!

Tambien, lea esta informacion sobre la dieta por Dr. Tran Tien Chan.
www.trantiendiet.com busque el libro electronic (ebook) Tiene toda la informacion para hacer esto en su propio!

Por favor, visitenos en las conversaciones generals tambien! Seria de mucha ayuda
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Tambien! Natacion es ejercicio muy bueno para una persona con problemas de rodilla
Lo siento, yo hablo un poco espanol. Espero ques esto no esta mal. Si no, quizas Elizabeth (deinekatz) ofrecera ayuda.

Carla

Last edited by showgirlaz; 06-28-2010 at 02:50 AM.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 03:50 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 210.8/175.2/120

Height: 5' 3"

thank you everyonne, i'm quite happy if i stay steady at 2lbs a week now that I know it's ok/normal!
ch1cka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:27 AM   #10  

thank you carla for the informacion i will look and see if i can do a diet and get down more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cristinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:32 AM   #11  

Height: 5.8

Good morning all

I swear my body hates me or loves to torment me..Im up two pounds this week. I have NO idea how, I drank atleast 3l of water everyday, didnt do anything different and excercised the same amount..sigh...its tormenting me..the last 14 weeks were so easy and this week BAM! *le sigh*

I think the dreaded "C" may have some play in this since its been 6 days so hopefully that will be taken care of and then the weight can continue.

Have a great day ladies!
KimAnn
sassykimann is offline   Reply With Quote