Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-26-2010, 07:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'4"

Talking Yea! I'm havin Papa Murphys Tonite!

I figure I've been good for the last 2 1/2 weeks. I deserve a treat meal!

I ordered the thin crust w/white sauce, mushrooms, onions, green pepper, spinach, and artichoke. I figure the only "bad" stuff is the cheese and crust and, oh yeah, the sauce. Do you think I did OK? Hopefully I don't go crazy and eat the whole thing!
HoneyMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:35 PM   #2  

You are a far stronger person than me, I can never stop at one or two pieces!! Good for you, enjoy your treat and enjoy the great progress you're making!
mthrgoos68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:36 PM   #3  

You'll be fine! Part of losing weight is learning to maintain, right? And that involves occasionally having some pizza and balancing it within the rest of your diet - and that sounds like it's exactly what you're doing!

Also, that pizza just plain sounds delicious. :P
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 181/175/125

i think sometimes it's better to plan for these things. yesterday, my parents brought home pizza. Well, i was tempted (i LOVE pizza) and scarfed down 3 slices. They weren't even good, and i didn't even savor the moment.. so i do wish i had planned it and really enjoyed it.
therex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

It's not about good, or bad, or deserve: there are people on this board who can eat 1800 calories a day and maintain, and others who have to eat 1200 or they gain. The ones who can eat more didn't do anything to "deserve" it, and the ones that have to stop at 1200 didn't "deserve" to have slower metabolisms. Nothing about this is fair.

Will it make you lose weight more slowly? Probably, just a little--quite possibly, too little to be noticeable in any way. The more often you do things like this, the slower you weight loss will be, but that's not a bad thing--or a good thing. It's just what it is, and only you can decide if speed is your biggest priority.

Does eating pizza make you a bad person (which I think is what you are really asking)? Not at all. What you eat and what you weigh have nothing to do with your worth. If you are a good person (and I assume you are), you'd be a good person if you ate cake and ice cream every day and weighed 500 pounds.
Is

Last edited by Shmead; 06-26-2010 at 09:20 PM.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:39 PM   #6  
Wandervogel

S/C/G: 241/214.5/150

Height: 5'4

Yum, sounds incredible! Enjoy it -- I allow myself a treat meal once a week or so and I lose weight just fine.
Raichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Bbuurrpp
HoneyMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:00 PM   #8  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Honey Mustard,

Cautiously I must tell you I never have missed even one Friday night of Papa Murphys. Ever in all my journey.

I do however get the Gourmet Vegetarian with no cheese. They put all my cheese in a cup and I add it on as I like. The leftover cheese I use for things all during the week. I usually eat 2-3 single slices of a large. On my journey down, I would "budget" for the extra calories during my Friday.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 02:00 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 280/255/Healthy, Happy, Strong

Height: 5'7"

We usually get Papa Murphy's about every three weeks or so. I'll order a delite thin crust pizza with regular pizza, all the gourmet vegetarian toppings, and ask them to put the cheese on the side. Before I bake it I'll sprinkle only about a third of the cheese on the pizza. I can get several meals from a large pizza.

But I feel even more comfortable making my own flatbread pizza with a low calorie pasta sauce, veggies and light sprinkling of cheese the whole thing comes to only about 250 calories. It is about the size of two big pieces of pizza. The whole thing is a satisfying meal and there is no chance of being tempted to eat what should be leftovers.
Renwomin is offline   Reply With Quote