Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-26-2010, 01:51 AM   #1  

Height: 5'11"

Talking PROOF that my weight loss efforts are WORKING

So, I officially have proof that my efforts have been paying off. Not only have I lost 13 pounds in 25 days, but I no longer have to take Tums! I have acid reflux (which I know is a result of my weight gain) and in addition to my daily medication, I was getting to where I had to take about 4 tums every night before bed because my stomach hurt from eating awfully. I have been doing very well, maybe going over my calories only three times. Since I started my weight loss journey, I have not taken one Tums, nor have I needed to. I have not had any excrusiating upset stomach pains or much gas or bloating since eating heathfully, and only one incident of heartburn (from some chili). And I want to shout it from the rooftops....IT'S WORKING!!!! I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I am proud of myself. I finally said, once and for all, I am getting healthy. And for once I'm actually sticking to it. YEAH-UH!! =D Sorry, just had to revel in my happy moment.
sparkleNshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:25 AM   #2  
Ready for a change!

S/C/G: S/C/G: 277/277/150

Height: 5'8"

Congratulations!!! Good for you for sticking with your plan, keep at it!
love114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:36 AM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

That's great, congrats
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:21 AM   #4  
Going, going, gone

S/C/G: 295/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Awesome news! Congrats on sticking to your diet and exercise plan! I know what you mean about the Tums, I used to eat those bad boys by the handful every night to get through the pain of two Big Macs. Oh yeah, I know. It's been nearly three months now, and I haven't eaten one since. You'll love it even more the longer you go without those nasty things!
asharksrevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:22 AM   #5  
Phil1:6

S/C/G: 253(old)/220(new)/ticker/170

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkleNshine View Post
So, I officially have proof that my efforts have been paying off. Not only have I lost 13 pounds in 25 days, but I no longer have to take Tums! I have acid reflux (which I know is a result of my weight gain) and in addition to my daily medication, I was getting to where I had to take about 4 tums every night before bed because my stomach hurt from eating awfully. I have been doing very well, maybe going over my calories only three times. Since I started my weight loss journey, I have not taken one Tums, nor have I needed to. I have not had any excrusiating upset stomach pains or much gas or bloating since eating heathfully, and only one incident of heartburn (from some chili). And I want to shout it from the rooftops....IT'S WORKING!!!! I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I am proud of myself. I finally said, once and for all, I am getting healthy. And for once I'm actually sticking to it. YEAH-UH!! =D Sorry, just had to revel in my happy moment.
Hey!
I noticed were both about the same height & I too recently started my weight loss journey about 3 weeks ago now but I've lost about 7lbs. I know we all lose weight differently but I was wondering if you'd mind telling what your starting weight was 25 days ago & what you're doing exactly to drop the weight so quickly? Oh & a big congrats to you!
DaughteroftheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:45 AM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Yes - it works!!! Adhering to a calorie budget, eating well - WILL result in weight loss and all the great things that come with it. Good for you.

I used to live with Mylanta by my bedside table and would need it all day and night. From day one - DAY ONE - of changing my eating I no longer needed it haven't since. The rewards start surfacing right away.

It is a wonderful, wonderful thing to treat ones body with the respect that it so rightly deserves and feed it well. We ALL have the ability to do this.

I'm so happy for you and I look forward to hearing of your continued progress and many more incredible discoveries as you continue on this wonderful journey towards good health and the best you possible.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:02 AM   #7  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Yay! Great work that you are doing to take care of yourself!
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:14 AM   #8  
Starting again.

S/C/G: 263/217/145

Height: 5' 7"

What an uplifting post! I feel inspired just from reading it. Congratulations to you
Stace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 290/290/147

Height: 5'7"

You should be proud of yourself! Not just for the results of your efforts, but for actually making the commitment and sticking to it!
NiteNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:09 PM   #10  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

That's terrific!! And just a notch on the belt of good things to come. That has to be one of the best though. Reflux was pretty bad for me. I was having some serious attacks with bile actually coming up. Not pretty and so painful! I was taking Prevacid to the point where if I took an hour late I'd have an attack. Now I no longer have a problem! Medically, that I know of, weight loss has corrected my blood pressure from 155/105 down to 105/65, my resting HR has come down from 95 to 46, no more heart burn, not more plantar fasciitis, no more sore knees or hips or lower back, and I am no longer out of breath from going up a flight of stairs. It just keeps getting better.

I have found the key, number one reason for my success has been none other than patience. Weight loss does not happen on my timeline but it does happen.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:45 PM   #11  

Height: 5'4"

Don't apologize for being proud of yourself! You deserve every happy thought running through your mind. Congrats - that's seriously awesome!
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 271/202/??

Height: 4'10"

Way to go!!! Keep up the good work!
kendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 03:33 AM   #13  
Don't Give Up

S/C/G: 235/182.4/?

Height: 5'4

Talking Great!!!

That's wonderful! Glad you haven't had to take your Tums.

Here's to a happier, healthier you!
SweetTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:24 AM   #14  

Height: 5'11

Thats amazing. I love how being healthy can change other parts of yourself. I use to have really bad acne even as an adult and as I started loosing weight it got less severe. I still have the occasional break out but nothing like I use to! Congrats!!
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 12:46 PM   #15  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

That's great; congratulations!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote