Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-25-2010, 03:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 187/187/140

Height: 5'2"

Smile My Introduction/History

Hi everyone. I joined the forum in the very early hours of the morning and thought I'd wait until I slept a bit to introduce myself. When I was younger I was really skinny and could eat anything, but as soon as I became a teenager things changed and I started gaining weight. By the time I finished high school I wasn't what I'd consider "fat", but I wasn't small either.

In university I continued putting on weight. It's hard not to with all the pizza and going out to eat, and have steadily gained throughout adulthood. In 2004 I was in the hospital for 8 months after a spinal cord injury and I lost a lot of weight at the beginning. I actually felt good about my size again, but as soon as I went to rehab and was allowed out I packed on all the weight I had lost plus a lot more! Instead of eating the same hospital food over and over every week I would go to the McDonalds or Dairy Queen that was just down the street. I kept thinking I could work it off when I left, but didn't realize then that it's extremely hard to lose weight when the only muscles you can control are your shoulders, neck and biceps! I've tried swimming thinking it was something that would work, but before my heart rate goes up I am too exhausted and my muscles just wont move for me anymore.

It's been almost six years now and it's time to change and loose the extra weight. It's not helping my shoulders and I am determined to compete as a professional wheelchair racer. My racing wheelchair is waiting for me in the UK and I have until the new year to loose the excess weight before I go back there. I don't want to be super skinny, but fit. My goal somewhere between 130 to 140 pounds. I'm just over 180 now. I have the goal I set because I'm not entirely sure of my height. (I'm exactly 5" sitting down lol!) I thought I would see how things were when I gained 140 and if I felt like I needed to loose a bit more weight I would.

Anyway, sorry about the long, rambling introduction! I guess I got a bit carried away. I wasn't quite sure what to write when I logged in. I thought this was a really good place to get support. I am staying with my mom, sister and step dad right now until I find a place to rent and I realized quickly just after my step-dad picked me up at the airport that he still makes mean comments about my size/weight. I know if I set out to lose weight alone while I'm here it just wouldn't go as planned!
WildKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:14 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:01 PM   #3  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 01:18 PM   #4  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Welcome. Since Chicks can be overwhelming at first, I suggest you look for a support group or challenge to join; a small group of friends to help keep you motivated. Find one you like that fits your needs, or inspires you, and just post to join.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Hello ane welcome! I am glad you are joining us.

I wish you the best with your weight loss journey!

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'4"

HoneyMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck ! Sounds like you have a lot of determination. I believe you can do it !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote