Old 06-25-2010, 09:57 AM   #1  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 255.8/238.6/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Sometimes I Wish I Could Jump Ahead in Time

Some days all I can think about is losing all this extra weight I have on me.

Seeing the weight come off at a decent pace is so nice, even if it is only 2-3 pounds a week. Even though I'm very pleased with the speed of my weight loss and don't want to really loose it any faster, I still find myself wishing I could just skip ahead in time a few months just to speed up the progress without having to wait.

I often find myself excited to weigh in each morning despite knowing that I'm often bound to see fluctuations

Does anyone else find themselves wishing they could just turn the clock ahead sometimes?
diesirae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

I did! But you know what, before I knew it, I was done! And then I was like, "now what do i do?" It happens fast. You never really know how or when you get to where you're going until you are there. In the mean time, I just lived one day at a time and was grateful for every day that I stayed on track. I wish you the best of luck!
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:07 AM   #3  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Great response, Guam! I agree.

Time doesn't really go nearly as slowly as I expected it to. It seems like I just started this journey, but nearly eight months have gone by! It takes a while, a long while, but eventually weight loss doesn't consume you like it does at the beginning and then time goes by quickly again.

I can't believe how much I've accomplished in that time.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:10 AM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Yes, I wish I were losing faster and I wish I could turn the clock forward just a couple of months. At this point, my weight loss doesn't show yet and I can't wear smaller clothes. I can't wait for the day when I can fit into the clothes hanging in my closet.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 06-25-2010 at 10:10 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:20 AM   #5  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I did when I first started but as I got into it I learned so much about myself and what I was capable of...focusing on myself helped the time go by faster (go figure, right? lol)
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:32 AM   #6  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

I had the same thoughts. Now, I don't know what I'm going to do when I actually reach goal. It is going to be weird.
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:18 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6

Thank you for posting this. I love the responses and it makes me hopeful that time will go by quickly as I lose the weight. I haven't gotten to that point yet since I just started a couple months ago. It still feels long.

Here's hoping for a steady and "quick" weight loss!
MutableParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:22 PM   #8  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

I felt like this the whole time I was losing. I couldn't wait to get to goal and start maintaining. I don't really know why, my foods and habits are essentially the same, but for some reason I just didn't enjoy the journey.

You're doing so well; 2-3 lbs a week is great. You'll be at goal before you know it so hang in there!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:24 PM   #9  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_H View Post
I had the same thoughts. Now, I don't know what I'm going to do when I actually reach goal. It is going to be weird.
I've floundered around quite a bit after hitting goal, Matt. I've gained some weight back and almost back to where I was now....as you can tell from my ticker I'm now focusing on just getting a certain amount of exercise in. I'm a goal person & need something to strive for I've always been like this though (it's probably why I own my own business)
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:25 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

Yes...I think about what I'll be down to come December. And, weighing is the first thing I think of in the morning. I'm determined and I know I'm going to lose this weight, I'm just a tad impatient, lol. These first two months flew by though, so maybe it won't be so bad. I keep looking at all the clothes I want to buy when I lose the weight. 501 Levis...can't wait to wear those again!
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:29 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 278/ticker/150

Height: 5'4''

I feel the same way Diesirae, but I think I am glad that it is/will take a while to get to goal. In the past I told myself or heard from others I was a good person and smart and successful, but that I wasn't strong enough or good enough to lose weight- this is just who I always would be. So each week that I stay on track or each time I make a good decision I'm retraining myself to believe I can do it. And I hope that is what will make the difference when it comes time to maintain.
kylonaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:59 PM   #12  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

My impatience is 100 times worse than it would usually be because it's all wrapped up in my biological clock: I started this because I want to have a baby. We have to use IVF, and for several reasons (not the least of which is my weight), we have to wait until September. So basically a year ago this week we made the "go" decision on having a child, and haven't been able to even really start the process. My hormones are screaming "NOW BABY NOW!" and I am having to tell them "no, no, wait. Just wait".

But it's July and I've starting to see doctors, so at least there is finally movement. But it's been VERY VERY VERY hard.

I keep joking that I need my life to be an 80s-style movie musical montage: a few shots of me exercising, not eating desserts, and then BOOM! Goal!
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:31 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

I used to feel that way. Someone once told me, "don't wish your life away." And I had to stop and think. It's not just a weight loss journey. It's MY LIFE. Whether it is 6 months of "dieting" or not, those 6 months are my life. I am living, not just losing weight. I had to change my thinking to the weight loss being a side effect of living, rather than it being the purpose of my existance for those months.

I wish I could instantly be thin, but I do not wish I was 6 months in the future (being thin but skipping those days in between, which will be filled with love and joy and life). I don't wanna be 6 months closer to my death! So I try and focus on living and enjoying every day

Last edited by Lyn2007; 06-25-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:19 PM   #14  
Restart Date: 10/25/2009

S/C/G: 215/160/115 HW: 235

First off congratulations on the loss so far. I was quite impatient I initially. Then after I'd lost a few sizes I was having trouble recognizing myself in the mirror. I had to get used to myself. Sometimes the head is slowere than the body and other times the head fastforwards and gets impatient with the body. Right now I'm impatient again as I'm close to two important milestones, but I know that while I can't control the WHEN, I can control my food and activity levels which will eventually get me where I need to be. Something I've done for kicks and to help with the head/body split is play around with a "my virtual model" and adjust the weights to either get it in my head that I AM smaller or to see where I'm headed if I just be patient.
lovemyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:30 PM   #15  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I urge you to enjoy the journey.

I sure as heck did. I enjoyed every minute of it. It was an incredible time of self growth and self discovery - just fascinating. I also used that time to educate myself on nutrition and foods that work for me - and those that don't. I learned about meal planning. I became quite the shopper and though I was always a great cook, well I had to be even more creative now that my calories had a budget. I LOVED manipulating that scale through my on plan action, the power that I held over it was amazing to me. I loved finding the strength in me that was needed to do this. I loved making my family proud. I loved as my bones emerged and my veins and my fitness level increased. I loved my newly formed muscles. I LOVED watching my clothing literally fall off of me. Oh what fun. And the shopping and the compliments and the - oh it was just a fabulous time. Thrilling beyond belief. Other than the pregnancies and birth of my children, there has never been a better time in my life.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote