Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 10:35 AM   #1  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

Default Getting back into the swing of things

Ever since Christmas, my motivation has been so low -- and I have decided to get it back. I want to be driven like I was for the 6 months before Christmas. I am starting to like me, and I have come too far to give up. So as of yesterday, I gave myself a swift kick in the butt and told myself to get it together. I had a good 4 point day yesterday, and I am going to have a 4 point week. I will reach my goal, and I will be so happy when I do. I can do this.
Old 02-17-2003, 11:07 AM   #2  
Searching

WE CAN DO THIS!

GO! GO! GO!

Miss Chris
Old 02-17-2003, 01:10 PM   #3  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I'm right there with you girl!

Even though I'm having dinner with friends this evening, I'm planning for it and I will do good today!
Old 02-17-2003, 01:49 PM   #4  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

What a great attitude!! I know you can do this!! Look how far you have come. Won't it be great to see the a 1 instead of a 2!!

Let's all have 4 point weeks!! Do you see any stumbling blocks that you need to plan for to accomplish this?
Old 02-17-2003, 01:50 PM   #5  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Default Re: Getting back into the swing of things

Quote:
Originally posted by Raelynn
I am starting to like me
We like you, too! We're in this together!
Old 02-17-2003, 02:10 PM   #6  
Future marathon runner

You ladies are awesome, I am so glad that I found 3FC

I can't wait to see a 1, I haven't weighed under 200 since I was 15 years old. And I want to lose another 20 lbs before the summer, so I can wear shorts!

Stumbling blocks....how about EVERY single evening. I do so good during the day, then I start binging in the evenings. I don't know how to make myself stop half the time. I know I have the willpower to do this.
Old 02-17-2003, 02:34 PM   #7  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

raelynn...

is your butt sore from the kick start you gave yourself ?

sometimes it's great to reflect to see how far you have come. your life has probably changed in so many ways - not just some #s on a scale.
Old 02-17-2003, 02:52 PM   #8  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

do you have trigger foods in the house?
Old 02-17-2003, 03:21 PM   #9  
Future marathon runner

LOL I should kick myself every day so I have a constant reminder lol

My worst trigger food, believe it or not is cereal lol. I don't have any candy, cookies or any other sweets in the house -- I am very careful when I shop that I don't buy bad foods. Because I have been battling my ED at this same time, I know which foods seem to trigger the worst for me and I avoid them. I wish I had someone here that could supervise me LOL.
Old 02-17-2003, 04:05 PM   #10  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

What a great post to run into today... just a bit ago, I called my local TOPS chapter to see what I need... way easier on the wallet that WW, that's for sure... $20 yearly, which includes a magazine subscription, then $7.50 a month, for our local chapter, to buy the rewards and such....

I even asked if I'd be the only really big person there, and the group leader has 100 pounds to go, and there's 3 others that are my size... so maybe I'll be comfortable with them... gotta get myself going again too
Old 02-17-2003, 04:22 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally posted by PNG 2
Ever notice that stressed is desserts spelled backwards?
PNG -- that's a good one! and i LOVE your avatar!

yay for motivation! i was glad to read this because i've been super motivated this whole month but (shh, don't tell) it was starting to wane. i'd had a few emotional breakdowns.

but i am hanging in there. i WILL have this 4 point month!!
Old 02-17-2003, 06:03 PM   #12  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Raelynn, evenings are my very worst time and I, too, am a cereal killer. My favorite is Cap'n Crunch.

But I have a couple tricks for evening binging:

-Paint your fingernails. Start with a file and a buffer. Put two coats on and a top coat. I won't touch food for at least 3 hours because it would ruin my new pretty nails.

-Start an art project. I love making really great handmade cards for my family back home. I also love to do mobiles and my favorite (and messiest) paper mache. No food around the art! Are you kidding?!

-Find a computer game you love and really get into (for hours). Mine is Ceasar III. You build Rome. I'm addicted. I can't even eat when it's going on because my hands are too busy trying to rule the world! MUHAHAHAHA!!! Ahem....

-Finally, pick out some inspirational reading and keep it handy for those time when none of the above helps. "You Don't Have to Be Thin To Win." is one of my favorites.
Old 02-17-2003, 06:59 PM   #13  

I just want to say that I love every single lady on this board. This is an amazing thread & I am so glad I read it tonight. I know, just KNOW, that we can all reach our goals. We are definitely worth it.

Raelynn, cereal is a trigger food for me, too, so you're not alone. Everytime you want to eat it, just get on 3FC & read this post & know that you & your goals are much more important than a bowl (or 2 or 3, if you're like me! ) of cereal. I'm here for you, friend
Old 02-17-2003, 09:45 PM   #14  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

I have two words: Frosted Flakes. I can't even buy them anymore because I will eat the WHOLE box in one sitting!
Old 02-17-2003, 09:52 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

for me it's cinnamon toast crunch.

i had no idea there were others out there who would eat 3 bowls in one sitting! shoulda known you were all like me.

i used to get out big tupperware conatiners so i could have a HUGE bowl. it still sounds good to me.. which is the sick thing.

whew, feels good to get that out...
Closed Thread