Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-23-2010, 11:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 171/165/145

Height: 5'3

Unhappy too much to handle the diet :(

i have fallen off and hit a hard bottem. in one week i have become suicidal,sick, lost my job, fighting with my family. major debt, and now my son is sick.

I wanted to stick to my diet so badly but i cant even eat with everything going on. I dont have the engry to get up and go running and now im trying to find a job take care of my home and my son. its so much and i am like so over whelmed. Now its back to choclate 3am eating checkers and mcdonald. its only been a week and a half iknowi can get back on

im just so buried in alot what can i do??
loveit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Wow... I just want to say it sounds like you've been through ****. Hang in there, and worry about yourself right now. You need to have some calm and peace and then tackle the food again. I wouldn't worry too much about the diet -- just do the best you can. I'm really sorry all this is going on and hope it gets better soon!

Hang in there!!!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:02 PM   #3  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Try not to make food just one more thing you're stressing over. Food should nourish you and make you strong. So think of it that way. If you can't stay exactly on your diet plan, well okay, don't panic. Just try to make the healthiest choices you can and ease yourself back on track.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:15 PM   #4  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBunneh View Post
Try not to make food just one more thing you're stressing over. Food should nourish you and make you strong. So think of it that way. If you can't stay exactly on your diet plan, well okay, don't panic. Just try to make the healthiest choices you can and ease yourself back on track.
I fully agree.

Life has thrown me some pretty hard balls in the past few years. This is part of the reason why I am still not at my goal. Life happens; sometimes losing weight is the last thing on my mind. When I am ready I brush myself off and get back on track. Sometimes it means I have an extra 10 pounds to lose. It really is part of journey; frustrating but just keep going.

I am really sorry you are having such a hard time.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:17 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

For me, when things are going wrong and life seems out of control, it feels really GOOD to me to take control of the things I can, as best I can. Eating healthy and exercising are things that I can control, no matter what, you know? And controlling THEM helps me to feel better about the things I can't control.

So even during this rough time, taking control of your eating and exercising when you can fit it in may help you feel better overall, and more in control of your circumstances. At the same time, you don't want to increase your stress level. So I'd say, work on doing the best you can to take care of you, until things settle down.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:26 PM   #6  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Sorry to hear you have so much going on.

When Life throws me a curve ball, I switch to maintaining and try to make nourishing, healthy choices so my energy for coping with everything else is good. Also, get good sleep.

Hope things get better!

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:29 PM   #7  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Sorry to hear you are going through a rough time. I hope you and your son are feeling better. Sounds like you need a Just try to do the best you can. Walking is a good stress reliever. Have you thought of doing temporary work? Sometimes you can find a full time job through a temporary agency.

Last edited by VickieLou; 06-23-2010 at 12:32 PM.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Great advice from mandalinn !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:27 PM   #9  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
For me, when things are going wrong and life seems out of control, it feels really GOOD to me to take control of the things I can, as best I can. Eating healthy and exercising are things that I can control, no matter what, you know? And controlling THEM helps me to feel better about the things I can't control.

So even during this rough time, taking control of your eating and exercising when you can fit it in may help you feel better overall, and more in control of your circumstances. At the same time, you don't want to increase your stress level. So I'd say, work on doing the best you can to take care of you, until things settle down.
+1

Also, in times of high stress I find sometimes that carrying a calorie deficit is just too much. I need the energy that comes from keeping the tank a bit more topped off. Taking control of what I eat and planning healthy food and as much time for exercise as I can but planning food at maintenance level, not weight loss level for me helps avoid the bingies a lot. It can be very restorative for a few weeks.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 171/165/145

Height: 5'3

thanks you so much everyone really. i didnt know who else to turn too i find my slef at dead ends everywere i go. I hate the fact of when you know when your doing something worng. i just feel like well if everythng else is wrong this lil burger wont matter. im just so depress and i want to have alot of

i do think that my diet is one thingi can have controll over and maybe thats what i need just one stead thing to get everything back on track. one ste at a time. you guys have a great pointi didnt even see it that way.

im just really at my self and then i get which makes me and i go for and i should be for a and then this

but hte bright side i have your guys thank u.
loveit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 158/153/130

Height: 5'4"

lovit

You've gotten some great advice already, just wanted to say You can ge thru this and come out the other side stronger! Don't worry so much about the *diet* right now but concentrate on eating healthy so you feel healthy. You can get past this.
chnkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:52 PM   #12  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

Just keep going mama. U can do it. youve been doing it. They way I think about it is your weight is the one thing u can always control. losing your job is not always something u can help. Take control of ur weight and conquer it. If u need someone to talk to u can pm me
Breannaj1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:04 PM   #13  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I feel for you and all that you are going through. My heart goes out to you and I hope that things turn around for you swiftly.

I definitely agree that eating well is one thing that you can control and not only is it the best thing for your body, but it's the best thing for you mentally. It feels great to stay on plan and you can surely use that mental boost. Not only that, I find that staying on plan and exercising during high stress periods is a great diversion and it's something that I can do for me and that feels good - again a mental boost. It's the one thing that absolutely can go right - when everything else isn't.

rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:22 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 271/202/??

Height: 4'10"

I hope things turn around soon. Do the best you can.
kendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:48 AM   #15  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Sorry your world is upside down right now. Take one hour at a time and things will get eventually get better. Sending you hugs!!
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote