South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-22-2010, 01:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Default New to SB--and ya'll saved me!

Hello everyone--I am on day 3 of phase one, and I just wanted to say thank you, because this site saved by diet today--I am ALREADY sick of eggs and needed some good suggestions for breakfast. Finding this website really saved me, and I made turkey roll ups for breakfast.

My next challenge is I am traveling for work this week, and I am afraid it will be hard to stick with phase one. I was going to put off phase one until I got back, but I figured if I had a hard time on my trip I could extend phase one a little longer than 2 weeks...any thoughts? I am trying to remain really dedicated to this!

Last edited by sarahsk; 06-22-2010 at 01:52 PM.
sarahsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/ticker/115

Height: 5'6

Once I was on a business trip to *really* tiny midwestern towns (and this is not a commentary on the midwest -- we just hit some spots with few options.) There was not a vegetable to be seen for miles. What saved the day was Subway. You can always put together a salad there, even if it's not too glam.
crimsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:56 PM   #3  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Are you doing day trips or staying in hotels? If you're in hotels, do you have access to a fridge? If so, take lots of string cheese, plain yogurt cups (Dannon and Yoplait have the individual plain Greek yogurts now). Also cut up veggies, Laughing Cow cheese wedges, nut servings, sliced deli meats, boiled eggs, leftovers (if you have a microwave). If restaurants are your only options, I agree with crimsons and the Subway suggestion. I have also gone to Mexican food places and ordered a salad with beans, salsa, and a smidgen of their full fat cheese and guacamole (very filling). I ate a salad at Wendy's the other day with grilled chicken and a little Parmesan on top. A lot of places have salad bars and I often take my own dressing with me. The important thing is to do a little research and plan ahead instead of trying to decide on the spur of the moment when you're starving. Good luck! I agree with you that this website is a godsend!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:50 PM   #4  

Thanks so much! I am staying in a hotel, and going to trainings all day. Breakfast and lunch are provided, but in case they are not diet friendly I just stocked up on food supplies to travel with me. I already lost two pounds in the last 3 days, so I am using that as my motivation to keep going.

Thanks again!
Old 06-22-2010, 05:13 PM   #5  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Just remember you don't have to eat breakfast for breakfast, I knew someone who just basically ate another lunch for breakfast. She just never cared for breakfast foods at all.

Heck if you don't mind leftovers for breakfast I'd do that lol.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

I've gone to Mexican restaurants before and ordered the fajitas and just told them to hold the sides of rice and tortillas. Only problem is that it's way too much food for 1 person, but if you have a fridge in your room you could always take home leftovers.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:07 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Sarah - you made me laugh, I've been having turkey roll ups every morning for the last couple weeks. I'm amazingly content with them...easy, tasty, and cold on these hot days. And no grains!!

Welcome to our group! Good luck while traveling!! (the fajitas stuff is excellent...I'll ask for a bed of lettuce instead of the rice and tortillas...yum!!)
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 07:29 PM   #8  

So I am back home--and I did pretty good! I was on diet the entire trip, and didn't have a hard time finding foods I could eat. I did reward myself a little--I had a piece of Chicago style pizza for dinner last night--I couldn't go to Chicago without trying it!
Back to phase one after that cheat--good new is the idea of eggs no longer turns my stomach!