Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-21-2010, 07:18 AM   #1  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up Binge-free challenge ~ June 21 - 27

Hi everyone!! Welcome to the binge free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. No negativity! We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

Let's have an awesome week!!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/125/125

Height: 5'6

day 4!

I did great over the weekend. I didn't have any "interesting" food at home (and the supermarkets here are all closed on Sundays). I went shopping this morning and made myself go past all the food that I could binge on, even if it was healthy (nuts, raisins,whole grain bread etc).
I feel a little deprived, but... if that's what it takes to stay binge free, than I'll be ok.
Lizaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:00 AM   #3  
blissful

S/C/G: 199/189.0/192.4/150

Height: 5'6"

Default First week

New here and hope posting on this thread is OK. I have a problem when I am alone and sometimes just eat everything there is sitting around. Can't live in an empty house but think I may have more control if I write what I eat in a public forum.

I have been pretty good this past week, just one incident where I went for chips and dip, then fruit, then ice cream, then cookies and on and on. I limited each one to a handful, but that didn't help much when I kept adding to the list of handfuls.

I started June weighing 199 pounds. I have not dieted at all but cut back on sweet drinks and had more water. Tried not to binge and really avoided the donut shop which is my comfort spot. Caffeine tends to make me hungry so nothaving coffee during the day (with sugar and half and half) also helped. But I hate how i look and don't want to buy more fat clothes when I own so many nice things in smaller sizes. Today I weighed in at 195.4 and am quite pleased with myself. I would LOVE to be 190 or less by the fourth of July but don't know if that is a reasonable goal. Still, I think I will set my sights on that.
blissfulinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:00 AM   #4  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

I have been in a depression/binge cycle throughout June. My depression has gotten pretty bad and the eating is not helping at all. On Sunday, I hit a new low. Not only did I binge, but I bought a pack of cigarettes and smoked. WTF? I quit smoking in February.

So here I am. It's the first day of summer today and I'd like to start the new season on right foot.

I see my therapist today so hopefully we can talk about what is going on with me. I can't explain why I am feeling so low. Everything in my life is fine.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:17 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8

Day 17! I've been eating just fine, but Saturday was a bit of a party all day so I do feel a little bloated from the drinks I had. I did manage to stick to lo-cal drinks for the most part though.

Good luck today everyone!
tater tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 205/202.4

Height: 5 ft

todays the beggining of day 2 and i have a job interveiw today woohoo second job! wish me luck

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL TODAY FOR A BINGE FREE DAY!

Last edited by nmgirl; 06-21-2010 at 10:22 AM.
nmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:11 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

133!

Plus I lost 8 ounces, making me 5.4 lbs away from goal!

Great week to all!

Tyla

Last edited by tyla; 06-21-2010 at 11:12 AM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 174/167/145

Hi,
I'm going to join this thread because I have a problem.
I have good self control, am a bit of a health nut, don't like junk food and hate fast food, am completely pro-organic, and a vegetarian who wants to become a vegan as soon as her mom can will let her
BUT--
I also love baking, and when it comes to the things i make I often lose control.
I plan on baking everyday this week since we are going away for 2 weeks and I want to use up all the ingredients,
today was cookies- I had about 2 scones, 1 brownie, and 4 cookies as an after breakfast snack. Yikes.
A couple weeks ago I also almost ate a whole zucchini bread by myself with a bowl of cereal

I hate the feeling of no control, and I want to stop this without stopping baking! Whenever I talk to my mom about it, she just says it's good, because I don't eat anything else (which isn't true, she just never sees me eat because she's at work, still sleeping, etc.!!)

~Megan
MeganTheMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:45 PM   #9  

Count me in on this challenge! I sort fell off the boat for awhile because I was babysitting. Day 1 for me!!!!
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:25 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

Hello ladies :-) I've been a bit MIA lately but I'm back. I've had some slip ups lately but I've decided to start writing EVERYTHING I eat or drink down....again. I've been here and done this before but it amazes me how many little things I'll eat and then completely forget that I ate them. And that's not even mentioning the binging episodes I've had lately. So I'm going to go at this again and if I get frustrated and want to quit AGAIN...I'm REALLY going to fight it this time. Hope everyone had a happy Monday! :-)

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:40 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 206/194/130

Height: 5'2

I'm new here, and excited to try to be binge free! I started my weight loss journey on June 1, but this weekend I binged the whole time. Now is day one, starting over. It's sooo hard for me to resist at night, but I'm trying. Good luck everyone!
RJ 1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:24 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 205/202.4

Height: 5 ft

finished day 2!! ive been drinking lots of water and stopped... smoking... so it helped alot. i got the job at walmart but all i gotta do now is pass/take the drug test. i feel so much better that ive been drinking alot of water im not sure if ive lost weight but i feel alot better healthier sept a little water logged haha

CONGRATS TYLA!!!
nmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:00 AM   #13  

Day 6
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:47 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 165/125/125

Height: 5'6

congrats nmgirl on getting that job!

I'm starting day 5.
Today is going to long and tough. I have classes till 5pm and I'm usually starving by then. I have a 500kcal breakfast at home, a 100cal snack in the morning, a 500kcal lunch, a 200kcal snack in the afternoon... and I'm still hungry. Sometimes even too hungry to concentrate what I'm doing. I often binge on days like that. I have dinner and then I go on and on...

Last edited by Lizaly; 06-22-2010 at 12:49 AM.
Lizaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:36 AM   #15  

Just waking up to Day 18! A couple more days and I'll be at 3 weeks.. can't wait for that sense of accomplishment.

I've been working out more and am just waiting for that and the whole not overeating/binging for 3 weeks to catch up and show me some results. Recently, I've havent been able to go this long without an "episode" because I would be frustrated that my body hadn't changed. I have to remember that good things take time and I HAVE to keep going! So impatient

Good luck today and congrats everyone!
tater tash is offline   Reply With Quote