General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2001, 09:16 PM   #1  

Red face

I
just got some literature in my mail about something called zymax. has
anyone ever tried these pills? I just wondered if they worked.
Old 03-30-2001, 04:27 PM   #2  

Diamondlady,

I received that same info in the mail and I went ahead and purchased the pills. I have been on them for two weeks now and I am becoming really discouraged. They so far have not done what they are suppose to do. The first week I lost 4 pounds, but promptly gained them back because of TOM and I have not been able to get it back off yet. I am going to wait and see how it goes after TOM leaves. If the weight comes back off and I lose more weight, hopefully I will feel better about it. My husband has been taking them too and they have done nothing for him as of yet. It says the longer you take them the more effect they will have, but I am becoming very skeptical. I will let you know how it goes.
Angela

Last edited by TUNDRAGIRL509; 03-30-2001 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-30-2001, 04:45 PM   #3  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default I thought Xymax was a software company!!!

Angela - couldn't find any info on the web - could you post the ingredients listing for xymax on this thread for us?
Old 03-30-2001, 05:01 PM   #4  

Zymax has so many ingredients that I don't know if I have room for them all, but some of them are Ginseng, Ginger, Lecithin, Damiana, Sarsaparill root, Golden seal, Nettles leaf, Gotu Kola, Spirulina, Royal jellie, Chromium Picolinate, Zinc, Vitamin E, Magnesium, Simplicfolia standardized to contain 20 mg. White willow bark extract, Gamma linolenic, acid, borage seed oil, bladderwreck extract, dried fucus vesiculasus extract, grape seed extract, boiflavonoids, soya lecithin, fatty acids, dried sweet red clover extract, tri folium pratenses, dried ginkgo biloba extract. That is most of them. It also says that they are tiny pills. Well I beg to differ with them and the more I think about it the more I am thinking that I am going to stop taking them. It also has a warning on the bottle about ephedrine. Anyway that concerns me too. I told my husband that I wasn't sure I wanted to do this, but since I ordered it I decided to try it. When you get the ad in the mail it does not say anything about ephedrine being in it. That is why I went ahead and ordered it. I guess that I am tired of failing and wanted something to get me started. So I tried it and it is failing too.

Angela
Old 03-30-2001, 08:15 PM   #5  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default Just what I thought!

Nothing special there - I'll be willing to bet that the ads didn't list the ingredients either.

I posted this link on another thread - but it bears repeating here:

http://www.quackwatch.com/01Quackery...uppsherbs.html

This article at the Quackwatch site has links to many more articles with most of the ingredients that you listed.

My opinion as to why the company didn't list ephedrine in their ad is most likely due to the fact that ephedrine is BANNED in some states - I believe Texas is one. What this company is doing borders on mail fraud!

Anyway, to sum things up, there's nothing new or different in these pills that isn't in about 100 other so-called "diet pills" on the market today. And most of those ingredients (as you'll find when you go to the link above) have NO effect on weight whatsoever - some are downright dangerous!

Of course you can try to get your $$ back - you might be able to do a chargeback if you used a credit card to pay for these pills. It's worth a try!
Old 03-30-2001, 09:22 PM   #6  

Mrs. Jim,

The ad did list the ingredients. That is where I got most of these from. They are in such small print on the bottle it was hard to read, but the ad didn't list ephedrine. I know I have been taken, but you know how that works. I am not even going to try and get my money back. I am going to chalk it up to being mislead and me falling right into their trap. I didn't order that much of it because I was a little skeptical to begin with, but desperate for something to work and help me get started. I know what I need to do and I will make the changes that I need to and go for it. I do feel a little stupid for ordering it in the first place, but like I said I was desperate. I guess that part had passed and now the buyers remorse is setting in.

Diamondlady- don't fall for the ad like I did. They don't work.

Angela
Old 03-31-2001, 12:11 AM   #7  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default Been there myself!

I think it would be safe to say that we've all been there -- where you see a product advertised and we are just so desparate for something - some miracle that will WORK 'this time'.

I've bought my share of those products myself...starting back when I was a kid...amazing that they would sell Dexatrim to 12 year olds back then! And I have bought my share of ''diet pills" as well...what I have learned is that most are comprised of the same basic active ingredients.

Just count it as a life's lesson learned! Take care.
Old 04-02-2001, 01:20 PM   #8  

well i am glad i didn't order the stuff! i knew that the ad was too good to be true! i don't like that ma hung (epedrine) stuff and they do not sound like anything different that i have tried! i had been taking xandadrine which i purchased from the gnc healthfood store.... and they were pretty good i guess... but they had that ma huang stuff in them... and after awhile ... i just cannot stand that feeling... it eats at my stomach so i only did about one bottle of it..... thats all.... they did curb appetite but didn't like the feeling that they left with me. i guess my best advice for myself is..... exercise, cutting down on portion, have a soy replacement meal at times when i think iam putting on a little weight... and just go back to herbalife products when i feel i need an appetite suppresent etc. they carry ones that do not contain ma huang too which actually contain more appetite suppressant than the ones that contain ma huang and i am a independent distributor so i get a special discount depending on how much i sell to other people its just that it seems so expensive... but actually after all i have researched maybe it isn't such a bad program after all?? because i know their program works for me.... i lost about 30 lbs on the program. so why throw my money out on things that don't work?? oh well thanx for listening and all your input guys especially yours mrs jim i appreciate it! diamondlady2
Old 04-07-2001, 04:59 PM   #9  
One day at a time

hope you don't mind me putting in my two cents worth but I also received info on zymax and in the studies it said they lost 6lbs. in 1000 hours. so I did the math and that amounts to 1lb. in 6 weeks. That's if you lose it as fast as they did and as far as I am concerned I can go for a walk every other day and lose that much. no sense wasting good money on that.
Old 04-08-2001, 04:58 PM   #10  

Default ZYMAX

I agree with u sheila. i can walk to taeboe or lift weights and probably get the same results. not wasting my money!!! i have just started eating kashi cereals and found that i have lost about 5 lbs in the 1st week. i like the cereals so much that i have went to their website and ordered a special package deal with kashi go lean (which i cannot find in my grocery stores) and bars and shake mix i think. well its worth a shot and at least i am eating real food! diamondlady2
Closed Thread