Old 06-16-2010, 02:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 274/199/167

Height: 5'7"

Default Alternatives to MRC supplements?

Hi! I'm new to MRC (day 2)and was wondering if you can still follow the program/lose the weight if you do not purchase their supplements (pills)? Are they alternatives that you can purchase for the products they sell possibly at cheaper prices??? I saw the post re: the drinks and will definately try that. Any other alternatives out there?
InControlInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:34 PM   #2  
Skinny for Scuba!

S/C/G: 178/149/135

Height: 5'1"

I use KLB5 in place of MRC6 and purchase a 2 month supply for $24 at bariatricfoodsource.com (bariatricfoodsource.com/Bariatric_Vitamins_s/50.htm) - it's the same thing. Who knows if it works or not, eh? But I'm down 9 lbs and I am on Day 12! I wouldn't purchase it for the $60 or so that they wanted at the center though - and I only purchased the low starter kit and the EFA pills from them - the 180 capsules/2 months supply for EFA is not a bad deal and they don't give you any fishy burps or aftertaste, so that is actually worth it to me.

I've been getting all my drinks from DietDirect (got $13 boxes for $94 w/free shipping last week) and all my other Vitamins (multi, calcium-magnesium, B6/B12) from my local Vitamin Shoppe. I don't think you should ever have to purchase another thing from your center once you sign up unless you want something special. I'd like to find a substitute for the Cortitrim that everyone raves about because no way I'm paying $75 for that, but haven't had any luck yet.

Welcome aboard!!
guinevere75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:53 PM   #3  
Skinny for Scuba!

Oh - and I'm in TX too! I go to the McKinney center north of Dallas.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 177.5/142/142

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinevere75 View Post
I use KLB5 in place of MRC6 and purchase a 2 month supply for $24 at bariatricfoodsource.com (bariatricfoodsource.com/Bariatric_Vitamins_s/50.htm) - it's the same thing. Who knows if it works or not, eh? But I'm down 9 lbs and I am on Day 12! I wouldn't purchase it for the $60 or so that they wanted at the center though -
I also did not buy the MRC6 as it was too costly for me, BUT with your suggestion of the KLB5 I just finished ordering a bottle!! Thank you! I am only taking the phentratrim from MRC along with my flax oil and multi so I am excited to start the KLB5 to see some result with increase inch loss.
wendinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:26 PM   #5  

Default Supplements

i purchase some of my pills much cheaper through a website called puritan pride.
you can get 2 bottles for less than 1 mrc bottle and shipping is free. i buy fish oil, 7keto dhea, coq10 and vitamine d.
it helps to make up the difference that i pay for the cortislim and phentratrim through mrc. you just have to make sure your getting the recommended amount.
angeltram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:57 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinevere75 View Post
I use KLB5 in place of MRC6 and purchase a 2 month supply for $24 at bariatricfoodsource.com (bariatricfoodsource.com/Bariatric_Vitamins_s/50.htm) - it's the same thing. Who knows if it works or not, eh? But I'm down 9 lbs and I am on Day 12! I wouldn't purchase it for the $60 or so that they wanted at the center though - and I only purchased the low starter kit and the EFA pills from them - the 180 capsules/2 months supply for EFA is not a bad deal and they don't give you any fishy burps or aftertaste, so that is actually worth it to me.

I've been getting all my drinks from DietDirect (got $13 boxes for $94 w/free shipping last week) and all my other Vitamins (multi, calcium-magnesium, B6/B12) from my local Vitamin Shoppe. I don't think you should ever have to purchase another thing from your center once you sign up unless you want something special. I'd like to find a substitute for the Cortitrim that everyone raves about because no way I'm paying $75 for that, but haven't had any luck yet.

Welcome aboard!!
The KLB 5 I see from bariatricfoodsource.com is $24 for 180 which would be a one month supply. The $60 MRC-6 is for 360 which would be the 2 month supply. KLB 5 is cheaper but not as drastic as $24 v $60 it's more like $24 v $30.
Mary1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:10 PM   #7  
Skinny for Scuba!

Thx Mary - couldn't remember the exact difference - just knew I had saved some money going the non-MRC route!
Old 07-04-2010, 02:10 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 330/293/130

Height: 5'4

Default Phentertrim and Cortislim

I'm not sure if I spelled the Phentertrim right or not, sorry all.

Can someone explain to me what these pills do? It would be good to know in advance, as I have just gotten the money to pay for the other half of my program after being on Pre-Conditioning since 04/28! (Poor college kid). What is your opinion of them? Are they worth the money or can I still have effective results without? My center in Murfreesboro, Tennessee only requires you to purchase the protein shakes from them.
classykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 02:58 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by classykay View Post
I'm not sure if I spelled the Phentertrim right or not, sorry all.

Can someone explain to me what these pills do? It would be good to know in advance, as I have just gotten the money to pay for the other half of my program after being on Pre-Conditioning since 04/28! (Poor college kid). What is your opinion of them? Are they worth the money or can I still have effective results without? My center in Murfreesboro, Tennessee only requires you to purchase the protein shakes from them.

Personally, I only used them for the first month (got suckered into buying the starter pack at the first meeting), then couldn't afford them. I saw no difference whatsoever in my rate of weight loss or ease of the program and never used them again. I know many others who do not use them at all either.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote