Old 06-14-2010, 12:27 PM   #1  
Going to be a mommy!

S/C/G: 255/225/200

Height: 5'4" Age: 31

Default Tracking is a Habit!~~ 21 day challenge

Hello all-

I am trying to develop a habit for tracking! It seems so hard for me to monitor my food intake- I have been losing weight for 1 year 10 months and I still struggle with this... I know it has slowed down my efforts because I am so hit or miss with recording what I am eating- If I don't write it- did it really happen? Sometimes not-

So I am looking for a few others to take up the challenge to make a new habit of recording your daily food intake. You record in a way that works for you, everyone is different! Just be sure to do it every day for 21 days- why 21? Well, some people say it takes 21 days to develop a habit, honestly I think it might be longer but I thought it would be a good start to developing this habit.

I think that we should introduce our selves and post daily if possible to let everyone know that you are on track for the new habit!

Here are some tips for developing a new habit-
  1. Understand the benefits
  2. Just get started
  3. Develop a set time
  4. Make it fun
  5. Use the time for personal growth
  6. Get a partner or support team
  7. Celebrate your success

Want to join me? Just post your intro and start tracking!

Last edited by akacutie; 06-14-2010 at 12:29 PM.
akacutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:37 PM   #2  
Going to be a mommy!

Talking Me

Hello!

My name is Tracy- I am hoping to find some support while I work to develop my new habit of tracking!

I am 29 years old and newly married, well 7 months now. I love being married, we have two tiny dogs, chihuahuas. They are lots of fun, but needy. Just like babies- I am a super busy person because I am in an accelerated nursing program. We will be done in December- The total program is 14 months long we started in September 09. It keeps me so busy but it will be worth it in the end.

I have been losing weight since Aug. 2008 and started out at 250 lbs I currently weight 178 (slight gain again! Ugh). My weight loss has really slowed down this year, I know it is because I can't seem to keep track of my food on a regular basis. I will track really well for a few days and fall off- I keep trying which is why I keep losing a little bit at a time- I want to speed things up again since I only have about 30 more lbs to go till my goal weight.

I look forward to meeting some of you who want to work with me to develop a HABIT! I am going to do! Even it it takes me another year!

Tracy-
Old 06-15-2010, 08:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 287.6/268.4/155

Height: 5'7"

Hi

I will join you, This is a perfect challenge for me. I am doing terrible tracking my food. It's no wonder I'm stuck after a 13 pound loss. Points or calories? Who knows? I don't write them down anywhere. I probably forget a lot of things I eat. I want to lose more weight and not be stuck at this weight.

I am super busy at times. I volunteer as secretary for my pastor. Sometimes it's very busy, other times not so bad. I also spend way too much time on the computer. I love to PSP and make sig tags. (Paint Shop Pro.) I also fix my dad's dinner most nights since I lost my mom 5 years ago. It's rare that I don't go over there every night.

So day 1 will be today. We will be successful.
pinkprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 169/159/140

Height: 5 ft. 7 in.

I'm game.

I know tracking every bite helps so many people lose weight.
But I've never managed to track my food for more than 2 days.

So, 21 days? I'd like to do it.

I'm a teacher, so I'm home for the summer, and maybe I can start this new habit.
scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:09 PM   #5  
Going to be a mommy!

Default Great!

Hey ladies....

Glad to see your on board.

How did your day go? Me? Not so hot- ugh- I needed some support though and look now I have two ladies to do it with me so tomorrow will be my Day 1.... LOL

I did try to go back but it was way off the plan- though on a positive note I did make my planned dinner and track that so the whole day was not shot.

How did your day go, Scribble? Pinkprincess?

I am glad to have you all on board! Let's Track!
Old 06-16-2010, 07:18 AM   #6  

Well, I recorded everything I ate. I planned what I would eat for the day in the morning too. I didn't stick to it, and I ate an extra serving at dinner. However, I honestly recorded it in my little book. So at least I wrote it down.

Overall, the day went well. I'm getting ready to plan out my day right now.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:55 AM   #7  

I did track yesterday and I was op for the first time in at least 2 weeks. So on to day 2 for me.

Tracy, you can do this. I kept remembering this challenge.

Scribble, it wasn't a total loss. You did track it.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:10 AM   #8  
Going to be a mommy!

Talking Good Morning! :)

Today will be day 1 for me! LOL I am started out great by going with the plan-

Shredded wheat and toast for breakfast-

Scribble~ You wrote it down so that was great!! Day 2 for you....

PinkPrincess~ Day 2.... Keep Tracking-

I'll check back in later today!
Old 06-16-2010, 12:00 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'11

I would like to be in on this too! I've just recently lost ten lbs on a 3 week camping trip and it has motivated me to jump back into the game. I know that tracking is really important for my weight loss, my problem is sometimes I will cheat and then stop tracking because I feel guilty. This time I will track NO MATTER WHAT! I'm with you ladies, we can do this!
stephandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 12:02 PM   #10  
Going to be a mommy!

Stephandra! Welcome to the challenge.

I have had similiar problems in the past with not tracking what I wouldn't anyone to read! I am not like that anymore though.... ( Today I am tracking everything!!

I look forward to hearing more from you.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:05 PM   #11  
yes she khan

S/C/G: 186/181.6/150

great idea, I'll join starting tomorrow!

I recommend this tool, to create a habit, it's also based on the 21 days ideas:
http://habitforge.com/

see you around!
AnnaKhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 12:16 PM   #12  
Going to be a mommy!

Hey AnnaKhan-

Welcome aboard. That site looks cool..... I am going to sign up. Thanks for the link!

Tracy-
Old 06-17-2010, 07:28 AM   #13  

I kept track of everything yesterday...even the handful of pirate's booty I ate at the pool.

Just writing everything down is powerful right now.

Is anybody keeping track of calories/exercise? I decided not to do that (at least for now). I know about what I should eat during the day. And, I get plenty of exercise. My family bought me a road bike for Mother's Day. I'm enjoying riding on the country roads outside of town. Best Mother's Day present ever.

Just wrote my plan for today. Good luck everyone.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:20 AM   #14  
Going to be a mommy!

Cool Day 2

Hey all...

SCRIBBLE: You rock!

I track points also, but I am ww so it is part of the plan, eh? I think just making yourself accountable to writing everything you eat is Huge!

I am off to make my oatmeal for breakfast- steel cut with a package of diet hot coco makes it super yummy!

My next course for the nursing program starts today~~ I would have like a few more days off personally.... Ugh! I hope this class goes by quick so that the final semester can begin! I am ready to be finished- I hope December comes quickly-

Have a great day forming a new habit ladies!
Old 06-17-2010, 10:53 AM   #15  

I did track yesterday. So on to day 3. And I am doing better about my eating. I count WW points and do keep a record of my exercise.