View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 10:48 AM   #8
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/125/135

Height: 5'5"

Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Hi, All, Just checking in. Thanks for the reminder, Novak. Are you doing a cheat day once a week? I attended a family reunion last Friday and picked that day as a cheat day. I was a bit concerned but not overly. I ate whatever I wanted that day, including anniversary cake (my in-laws' sixtieth). The next day my weight was 1 pound over goal and I did Phase 1 all day. The following morning my weight was 133.8 so I was good to go. I had my blood pressure checked at the doctor's office yesterday, and it was 120/74, which she said was excellent. I have not been measuring my salt any longer, just sprinkling it on as desired (I was used to eating 1 tsp. per day as per my protocol). I have continued to take my fish oil capsules even though it's not listed on my Phase 4 protocol sheet. But I take 2 of them at breakfast and 2 at lunch rather than at dinner as I used to do, since we're not supposed to have much fat at dinner. I'm loving breakfast. I have been having 2 eggs over medium in olive oil PAM, 1 1/2 slices toast (each slice has 22 carb grams), 1 cup organic low-fat plain yogurt mixed with a serving of fruit, and 16 oz. water, along with various supplements. I have been buying organic apples and microwaving them until soft, then adding a bit of splenda and some cinnamon. Mmmm.... I usually also have a piece of fruit after dinner. I've been having a bar every day for my snack, just like I did during the other phases. I find I'm not constantly thinking about food any longer and sometimes have to remind myself to eat, especially in the evening.
I haven't done a cheat day yet... I haven't really craved anything, and there have been no tempting events going on around me. I guess when I finally decide to cheat, it will be for pizza. That's the last splurge I had before I started IP.

I do love the breakfast, but lunch is harder for me due to the protein. I have sometimes fallen back on a premade shake, since it's so much easier at the office, where I usually eat at my desk. Since I don't eat meat, and we're not required to have protein at dinner, it's important that I get sufficient protein at lunch... guess that's part of my routine I need to work on.

Sounds like you have a very healthy regimen going... do I assume this is a significant change from your meal routine before IP? I really haven't strayed that far from Phase 3, though I imagine things will gradually work their way back as I keep reminding myself that I'm allowed to have them now...

Excellent numbers on the BP! I'm still a little scattered on how to handle the supplements... I plan to ask the nutritionist when I go to a Phase 4 workshop Thursday evening.

Like you, I have a little weight window that I'm operating within: 131-133 pounds. I go up and down from day to day, but rarely go outside. When I step up my program to include "cheats", I may break the window, but sounds like you've worked the quick fix. I'll keep that in mind for pizza day.

"Do or do not... there is no try."