Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 04:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Default OOPS!! - a place to talk about cheats, off protocol foods/products, NO-NOs

Hopefully this is a place where we can share any food slips we have had and gain the support we need to focus on following a protocol to better health and weight loss.

Be warned, if you read any farther, you will be seeing discussions including foods and products that, although some may not take you out of ketosis, are NOT Ideal Protein compliant and may even include foods considered to be completely off plan.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:49 PM   #2  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Hopefully this is a place where we can share any food slips we have had and gain the support we need to focus on following a protocol to better health and weight loss.

Be warned, if you read any farther, you will be seeing discussions including foods and products that, although some may not take you out of ketosis, are NOT Ideal Protein compliant and may even include foods considered to be completely off plan.
wish there was a LIKE button like on Facebook hehehe

My list of cheats...here goes
On my Honeymoon we were at an all inclusive resort so I had unlimted Piņa Coladas, and a glass of wine and a mojito and 2 tom collins
Foodwise...well I felt I had to try everything and, like many of us, I was told to not leave things on the plate...a habit that I must break!

Today I am at 177.4...already about 2 lbs less than yesterday's weigh ;-) so not too worried.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: S/C/G -- 240/183.5/150

Height: 5'4

I havn't cheated....yet...lol

I have been craving bread...like sooo bad...it was bad yesterday I stole my boyfriends sandwich and smelled his bread, sad I know...but these cravings are driving me nuts...

I just keep telling myself that I will look super sweet in a swimsuit in the winter when we go on our cruise hehe
Old 06-14-2010, 05:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

I just read the "other" thread you had started Carla...

am so so so so sorry but can't stop laughing actually leaving my desk cause I am giggling to myself.

love it!!! just LOVE it!

regardless:

I had booze yesterday, it was yummy, I loved it...with summer coming to us in seattle, this no drinking is going to be tougher and tougher. we were playing scrabble in the sun, so that would be my excuse. As in I had none.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:38 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
wish there was a LIKE button like on Facebook hehehe

My list of cheats...here goes
On my Honeymoon we were at an all inclusive resort so I had unlimted Piņa Coladas, and a glass of wine and a mojito and 2 tom collins
Foodwise...well I felt I had to try everything and, like many of us, I was told to not leave things on the plate...a habit that I must break!

Today I am at 177.4...already about 2 lbs less than yesterday's weigh ;-) so not too worried.
Oh!!! Sounds nice! Wish I could have been at a resort FOR ANY REASON! I love summer drinks, cold and slushie. It is really hard for me right now. I was hoping I would be done by May and I would be able to enjoy a few tastes of "summer". BF gets made when I say that because I am, in his opinion, still stuck with food being by pleasure and he worries I will gain weight again. I told him, once I am in maintenance and following that plan, if it says I can occasionally have a "treat food" I can! :P I just love fruit and summer veggie pasta salads, and pina colada or mojitos by the pool. Summer just is "different" without those things. It is like Christmas without sweets. I only eat fudge at christmas and only have pina colada in summer, What can I say!

At least you know, getting back on plan after you week of "luxury" will get you going again towards your goals. Have you set any new mini goals yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinoa1823 View Post
I havn't cheated....yet...lol

I have been craving bread...like sooo bad...it was bad yesterday I stole my boyfriends sandwich and smelled his bread, sad I know...but these cravings are driving me nuts...

I just keep telling myself that I will look super sweet in a swimsuit in the winter when we go on our cruise hehe
DEEPLY INHALING..... I love the smell of fresh bread. It is one of those sensory memories for me. My mom use to bake fresh bread twice a week so, coming home from classes the house was great to be in. I also worked in a bakery for a few years in high school. YUMM. I have done the same as you though. Not wanting to cheat but, the smell was so good, inhaled my boyfriends bread once, his soup another time, and a maple donut. LOL.. It was just enough!

You really will look great by winter! Do you have the suit picked out or are you waiting to buy it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
I just read the "other" thread you had started Carla...

am so so so so sorry but can't stop laughing actually leaving my desk cause I am giggling to myself.

love it!!! just LOVE it!

regardless:

I had booze yesterday, it was yummy, I loved it...with summer coming to us in seattle, this no drinking is going to be tougher and tougher. we were playing scrabble in the sun, so that would be my excuse. As in I had none.
HEY!! Get a handle on yourself!! Your boss might be watching!

I don't know how you do it! I was at a 40th bday party saturday for a friend. A party bus event with a 4 bar crawl!! AAAGHH. I clutched my water bottle for dear life!! All my favorites were there and, I haven't had a drink in 8 months now. I was dying as my friends Hubby kept "forgetting" as asking me, can I pour you...... ?? I finally caved a little and said I would have a mineral water with lime just so he could feel like he hosted me! The only thing that made me feel better (I am so mean, bwah hahaha) is at the end of the night when several people were so drunk they passed out or lost it, I got to take the pictures!

I can't imagine how people who are around alcohol on a regular basis find the strength to not have "just a glass" once in awhile.

At least I know in maintenance, some things are still low carb and "ok". It is what I focus on. My celebration dinner for reaching phase 4 is planned and I have a very nice red wine "aging" as I do phase 1 -3!
Old 06-14-2010, 05:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 151/133/125 (ID-June2nd)

Height: 5'3"

On Saturday, I went to a potluck that had several dishes that I know that were yummy and some of my favourites too! A good combination of Malaysian, Chinese and western cuisine. First hour I did alright as I sat eating my chicken and raw veggies on the deck where I'd be away from all the ppl eating yummy foods! Hour#2, I wanted everything. I had a bite of a cheesecake, and 4 small pieces of cheesie chips that were calling my name!! Bad....but I didn't allow myself to have any restricted packs that day so that KINDA (not really) makes up for those two bites of bad (but DELICIOUS) food KINDA makes. I didn't make it past Hour#3, I had to leave because all the untouched food was sitting out that ppl were still munching on and I wanted to claw my eyeballs out
Old 06-14-2010, 05:57 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieEH View Post
On Saturday, I went to a potluck that had several dishes that I know that were yummy and some of my favourites too! A good combination of Malaysian, Chinese and western cuisine. First hour I did alright as I sat eating my chicken and raw veggies on the deck where I'd be away from all the ppl eating yummy foods! Hour#2, I wanted everything. I had a bite of a cheesecake, and 4 small pieces of cheesie chips that were calling my name!! Bad....but I didn't allow myself to have any restricted packs that day so that KINDA (not really) makes up for those two bites of bad (but DELICIOUS) food KINDA makes. I didn't make it past Hour#3, I had to leave because all the untouched food was sitting out that ppl were still munching on and I wanted to claw my eyeballs out
WOO HOO! Ok, so you weren't perfect BUT, What an AWESOME recovery! That took real strength to walk out so you could keep control and not keep going!

Fortunately, I could stand in a room of cheesecake and NEVER care!
Old 06-14-2010, 06:02 PM   #8  

OHH I was beginning to think I was the only one who fell offf the wagon, it is awful I had some nuts not the worse but still not good at all I want to be done with phase one and move on to the phase where I can work out. and it is not really physcial hunger it is emotional and ugh it is killing me, I need to get back to ketosis,and I need to get back in gear I have ten to go until phase 2 and it is starting to get pricey......... seems like once I start to cheat I sometime can go overboard and that scares me...................... someone knock some sense into me.......................

Last edited by bigmama5; 06-14-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:13 PM   #9  

S/C/G: S/C/G -- 240/183.5/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
You really will look great by winter! Do you have the suit picked out or are you waiting to buy it?
waiting to buy it i am looking forward to the day when i look forward to going shopping for it!
Old 06-14-2010, 06:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

I am a serious odd ball I can tell by all the posts. Food: no problem denying it! yummy libations: I either have to not have ANY or go down the slippery slope. Honestly with our weather being bad, it wasn't that difficult, I just wouldn't go out to places. BUT with sun being out, its hard and the fact that I do NOT know a single person who doesn't drink, well except my 2 pregnant friends.

I ordered some of that slenderwine, so hopefully that will help me a bit, mainly for july 4th week...especially if they taste bad. We have that whole week off and going on a road trip so I know the temptation will be there.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:51 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Default To cheat or not to cheat

So, I'm debating about cheating big time next Monday as it's my 41st birthday. What I really want is Thai fried noodles with tofu (my fav from our local Chinese restaurant) and chocolate cake. My family always makes me a cake on my birthday. Also, my oldest is 17 1/2 and I don't know how many birthdays I will get to spend with him after he becomes an adult and moves out/gets married/has kids etc., and I really want to be able to blow out those candles after he sings happy birthday.

I guess my question is this, how bad will this be? I can accept that I won't lose weight and will maybe gain a bit, I'm ok with that, but will one meal totally throw me out of ketosis and force me to start at square one? It took me 5 days of **** before ketosis started and now on day 12 I still don't feel 100%, so I'm scared to start over.

Stacey
Old 06-14-2010, 07:45 PM   #12  
Started IP 7/23/2012

S/C/G: 176/176/125

Height: 5'3

Well, today was a cheat. I think I'm done with IP. My husband and I have decided to separate and I can't just sit around the house and mope, I've got to keep moving and exercise. I had about 4 raspberries at dinner with my ham and veggies and 4 sesame crisps with lowfat slimcow cheese. I bought some low carb/low sugar cereal and some healthy groceries. I'm going to hit the gym full force for the next week and eat healthy and normal. If I don't lose any weight than I will come back to IP. (the alternate version with Advantedge CArb Control drinks.) I need to be saving money. ugh. I'm not going to eat crap though. I'm going to try to be as balanced and eat what a normal healthy woman who works out would eat. We'll see how I do. I might be screaming at the scale 7 days from now. Wish me luck.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:57 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmama5 View Post
OHH I was beginning to think I was the only one who fell offf the wagon, it is awful I had some nuts not the worse but still not good at all I want to be done with phase one and move on to the phase where I can work out. and it is not really physcial hunger it is emotional and ugh it is killing me, I need to get back to ketosis,and I need to get back in gear I have ten to go until phase 2 and it is starting to get pricey......... seems like once I start to cheat I sometime can go overboard and that scares me...................... someone knock some sense into me.......................
Is it just the pricey part that is creating a challenge? You can substitute eggs for a packet meal. You can also by the alternative protein products or buy the ready made shakes from new lifestyles. You will keep losing and it might help you save for one meal.

Maybe talk to your coach, explain that you need to control cost and see about going into phase 2 early (you drop down to 2 packets and 2 meals) and just stay there awhile longer. Phase 2 will still let you lose. Just don't move as soon to phase 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinoa1823 View Post
waiting to buy it i am looking forward to the day when i look forward to going shopping for it!
I bought one in January for summer. I wish I hadn't, it doesn't really fit me now. the top is OK but the bottoms and a bit baggy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
I am a serious odd ball I can tell by all the posts. Food: no problem denying it! yummy libations: I either have to not have ANY or go down the slippery slope. Honestly with our weather being bad, it wasn't that difficult, I just wouldn't go out to places. BUT with sun being out, its hard and the fact that I do NOT know a single person who doesn't drink, well except my 2 pregnant friends.

I ordered some of that slenderwine, so hopefully that will help me a bit, mainly for july 4th week...especially if they taste bad. We have that whole week off and going on a road trip so I know the temptation will be there.
Everyone has something that gets them. Sometimes learning our "favorites" also shows us where our empty calories come from. One thing is certain, no matter how good the alcohol is, it is NOT nutritious or nourishing. I can't do it. I LOVE alcohol. I gave it up 2 months before stopping IP and I still wish for it. For me, it has been a part of all my social time and, like you, I cut out the social part to avoid the alcohol. I still have friends who want to meet for a drink. I have to say... only if it is coffee! I think some thought I had joined AA at first! LOL... anyway, keep working at it. It gets easier the more time you go between libations! Just think!!! You are just 9 pounds away from your goal. That could be a few short weeks. If you tackle it right, you could probably go the month with out the drinks and get yourself precisely where you want to be by the end of July! I know you will get there whatever you decide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey41 View Post
So, I'm debating about cheating big time next Monday as it's my 41st birthday. What I really want is Thai fried noodles with tofu (my fav from our local Chinese restaurant) and chocolate cake. My family always makes me a cake on my birthday. Also, my oldest is 17 1/2 and I don't know how many birthdays I will get to spend with him after he becomes an adult and moves out/gets married/has kids etc., and I really want to be able to blow out those candles after he sings happy birthday.

I guess my question is this, how bad will this be? I can accept that I won't lose weight and will maybe gain a bit, I'm ok with that, but will one meal totally throw me out of ketosis and force me to start at square one? It took me 5 days of **** before ketosis started and now on day 12 I still don't feel 100%, so I'm scared to start over.
Stacey
I can imagine your birthday dinner would be wonderful!! Have you thought about an alternate dinner, plan appropriate, and save your dinner above for a celebration dinner when you reach goal?? In some ways, I think your celebration of reaching your new self is maybe more meaningful and momentous to you and your family than your 41st birthday. Maybe I am wrong, I shouldn't presume to know.

You could see about making chocolate IP muffins for your birthday "cakes". And save the real cake for a celebratory moment! PUT CANDLES ON THEN ANYWAY!!! Who says you can't make a wish on the birth of a new you!

I realize the sentiment of having your son there and the candles being shared. NOTHING says the candle has to be in cake you eat. Nothing says it can't be in your cupcake. The memory is of the family together and not really about the food, isn't it??

Should you decide differently the answers are:

Yes, one meal will pull you out of ketosis.

How bad it will be is directly related to how much you over do the carbs and how you eat the day after.

The more carbs you eat the worse you MAY feel and the greater the HANGOVER you may have. It will pass and you will start over.

It will take 2 to 4 days to get back into ketosis and it will take you time to get back to where you are today.

You may or may not show any weight gain.

If you do this, eat a very strict day after with NO occasional items, NO restricteds, and NO extra sized portions. It will be harder because you have just given your body something that is a "normal" part of its functions and it will try a little harder to keep you from easing back in to the "starvation like" mode. But, it can be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah30 View Post
Well, today was a cheat. I think I'm done with IP. My husband and I have decided to separate and I can't just sit around the house and mope, I've got to keep moving and exercise. I had about 4 raspberries at dinner with my ham and veggies and 4 sesame crisps with lowfat slimcow cheese. I bought some low carb/low sugar cereal and some healthy groceries. I'm going to hit the gym full force for the next week and eat healthy and normal. If I don't lose any weight than I will come back to IP. (the alternate version with Advantedge CArb Control drinks.) I need to be saving money. ugh. I'm not going to eat crap though. I'm going to try to be as balanced and eat what a normal healthy woman who works out would eat. We'll see how I do. I might be screaming at the scale 7 days from now. Wish me luck.

OH SARAH!! I am so sorry to hear of your marriage issues. Please don't let it influence you in your IP decision. PLEASE, don't give up!! Please!

Today was not so bad. We get some berries (dried in the yogurt drink) and raspberry are very low glycemic.

The cheese is no more than an over pour of milk.

The crisps, in your portion, are like a restricted food item.

Please don't give up. You really will have better results with an unbalanced diet and exercise!

Have you thought of trying the alternate phase 1?? It was designed for diabetics. It has a bit more to it so most people wouldn't lose very quickly but, if you are exercising, it should work out. AND, it may keep you going.

You can still substitute the alternative product items for the IP packet notes if cost is a concern.

Please don't go yet!
I am putting the link at the end of the post and, here are the details.

Breakfast
1 IP packet
plus one group choice ( will list groups below)
plus coffee/tea with 1 oz skim milk
sweetener allowed

lunch
1 IP packet
plus 1 group choice
plus
2 cups select veggies and unlimited lettuce

dinner

7 oz fish or 5 oz meat from select choice
plus 1 group choice
plus 2 cups select veggies

snack

1 IP packet

Compulsory

64 oz water

1-2 teaspoon olive or grape seed oil

regular IP supplements

IMPORTANT: only one choice from each GROUP is permitted per day. ALL THREE GROUPS MUST be consumed per day.

GROUP 1

2 slices toast ( whole grain, pumpernickel, rye, multigrain,sourdough, stone ground whole wheat, oat bran, sprouted grain)
150 grams whole wheat pasta
150 grams brown rice ( not instant)
1 sweet potato, or small boiled potato
60 grams oatmeal ( non instant)
150 gram - 200 grams couscous
50 grams unsweetened cereal (bran, oat, whole grain or barley)
150 grams cooked legumes (chick peas, lentils, green peas, kidney beans)
150 gram corn

Group 2

fresh fruit ( example: 1 grapefruit, 1 apple, 2 kiwis, 150 g pineapple, 1 banana, 200 g berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries or raspberries).
fruit is allowed, but optional, and must not be replaced with another food group.

group 3

1 sugar free yogurt
1 - 6 oz glass milk (2% M.F or less)
30 gram cheese (about 2% M.F)
120 g cottage cheese
60 g feta cheese

Meat, veggie, seasoning choices are the same as regular phase 1.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...et-phases.html
Old 06-14-2010, 08:55 PM   #14  
Started IP 7/23/2012

S/C/G: 176/176/125

Height: 5'3

thanks so much Carla! The alternate plan might be something I should try. If I don't get up in the morning and exercise and also get my evening walking in, I'll go crazy with all this madness surrounding me. I don't want to turn to food for comfort, I'd rather take it out on the eliptical. :-) I'll give that a try for the next week and see how well it works for me with the exercise I'll be getting. Thank you again!
Old 06-14-2010, 10:01 PM   #15  

Right now, I am having red wine and a boatload of food that just isn't good for me. I have been off the program for one week, dealing with a LOT of personal stress (house sale, moving to a new place, dealing with a 1-year-old who won't stop screaming and a 3-year-old that is mischievous) - went to 3 family/friends celebrations this past week and overindulged but only gained 2-3 pounds over the past week.

I tried to get back on the IP wagon today, but my stomach was hurting really bad after every IP meal. Been on the program 6 weeks, until my stomach started hurting a week ago (which is why I went off - to have crackers to ease my stomach). I'm going to try to get back on the IP train tomorrow, but with non-IP food (my coach wonders if I've developed a sensitivity to sucralose)

So, there you have it.
Closed Thread