Old 06-12-2010, 09:02 AM   #1  
Caitlin

S/C/G: 270/???/150

Height: 5'9"

Default Any Stregheria/Stregoneria?

I've just started learning about Stregheria and Stregoneria online, and I'm really intrigued by it. The more open-ended/eclectic/casual nature of Stregoneria is slightly more appealing to me, but I'm interested in both (Stregheria may not even be as strictly defined as I think it is - stregheria.com is the only website I've read on the subject). I found Aradia online (and Leland's book on the remnants of Etruscan religious practices), and I've heard about Raven Grimassi's books; but does anyone have a take on these or any other books on the topic? Any books/websites they'd recommend? Any thoughts on the practice (from practitioners or non-practitioners!)? ANYTHING?!

Thanks!
GoodShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:38 PM   #2  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

I love "Rue's Kitchen", and it's too bad that the stregoneria italiana forum is down, it had a wealth of information. These are more folk practice based, practices that have culturally been integrated into Italian Roman Catholicism. I find it intriguing!

Also I like Myth's website - she's a an admin o Traditional Stregheria yahoogroup
http://www.jesterbear.com/Aradia/

Google books has access to so many books about Etruscans. They just fascinate me!!!!!! I have some issues with Grimassi, some major ones actually. Idon't think the tradition he practices is the one he published...
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:25 PM   #3  
Caitlin

S/C/G: 270/???/150

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for the tips! I'd love to hear more about your thoughts on Grimassi (if you care to divulge).
GoodShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:39 AM   #4  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Grimassi, in one of his dictionaries, wrote that the Stang in traditional Wicca represents the "yoni" (I think he used that word?) - anyway, the creasen of female genitalia in statues like the Venus of Willendorf. While that shape and statue is very important, The Stang is definitely about the Horned God. One of my biggest beefs.

http://censersmoke.wordpress.com/italian-witchcraft/

I agree/enjoy reading a lot of these resources too. Some are essays I have written myself. Evenually I will close down this website, or make it unviewable, because I'm *tired* of it, I decided it doesn't actually matter that much anymore I think Aspiration is much more important than "correct form".
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote