View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 06:43 AM   #93
GoodShadow
Caitlin

S/C/G: 270/???/150

Height: 5'9"

Default I should probably introduce myself...

NAME: Caitlin

BIRTHDAY: July 7, 1985

MARITAL STATUS: Single

TOP WEIGHT: 270 (might have been 278, but I'm not sure...)

CURRENT WEIGHT: no idea! I kind of wish I had a scale...

GOAL WEIGHT: 150lbs

EYE COLOR: hazel (or somewhere between brown and green)

HAIR COLOR: brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Opera, theatre, film, all genres of music, history, Jim Henson, Orson Welles, Bollywood, lit, travel, everything...

PETS: My parents have a Bichon Frise (Toby) and a Bichon/Yorkie mix (Molly), but maybe those count more as siblings... I have a human sibling too.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Ireland, at the moment - the DC metropolitan area more frequently.

FAVORITE COLOR: Red

FAVORITE FOODS: All of them?! Foodie food.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Elliptical (and a run through the weight machines). I'm REALLY looking forward to not being too embarrassed to swim. That's my real favorite.

FAVORITE BOOK(S): A Christmas Carol (and Dickens in general), Terry Pratchett, Salman Rushdie, ...The Fountainhead..., Franny and Zooey, my book of Gil Elvgren pin-up art, Cyrano de Bergerac

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Brazil (loooove Terry Gilliam), City Lights (same for Chaplin), Edward Scissorhands (I loved Burton until Alice in Wonderland), Orson Welles, the Muppet Movies (and Labyrinth/Dark Crystal), The Red Shoes, Devdas, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi... This list could go on forever.

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): Dinosaurs, House, Community, 30 Rock, Mad Men, Good Eats, Jane Eyre (2006), Little Dorrit (2008), Nicholas Nickelby (1999)

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: David Bowie, Lady Gaga, Queen, The Beatles, Oingo Boingo, Kurt Weill, Gershwin, Mozart (operas), Beethoven, pretty much all Russian and Scandinavian/Baltic composers, Philip Glass (in spite of myself), Damon Albarn/Jamie Hewlett, Kate Bush, rock opera... Could also go on forever.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Follow-through! I tend to get sidetracked or start making exceptions. Self-discipline.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I finally understand (for real) that the way I am eating now (about 1500 carefully recorded calories) is the way I have to eat for the rest of my life.

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: 1500 calories/day (and eat back calories burned exercising), meticulous food-journalling, eat better.

RELIGION: Agnostic, but raised Catholic. Secular Humanist? I like the Carl Jung/Joseph Campbell perspective.

POLITICS: Moderate liberal?

PIERCINGS: 2 in each earlobe, one cartilage (right ear).

TATTOOS: I'm never convinced I'll like the designs I like for the rest of my life... and they're expensive! I like henna.
GoodShadow is offline   Reply With Quote