Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 06-11-2010, 11:47 PM   #1  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

Default 25 lbs in 11 weeks woohoo!

I started my journey at 221 lbs about 11 weeks ago and I am now down to 196! According to my BMI I am now officially overweight too!

I was holding off sharing this until I lost more but I"m just really really happy!

This is the lowest I have been in years. I am praying and trying to stay strong to make it all the way this time. I know and believe and hope I can make it. I've never gone beyond this point and the reason why I didn't want to celebrate is because I'm so scared to celebrate my achievement until I reached a greater goal.

I was inspired by the biggest loser type workouts. I lost the weight by doing a bootcamp workout that I go to 3 x a week and by walking 4 miles a day about 3 times a week...basically the key was all about exercising tons in the gym..going twice a day sometimes, doing weight lifting and eating right.

I lost my first 15 or so over a 2 year period and I never was able to get into consistent weight loss until now.

Last edited by caliyah; 06-11-2010 at 11:52 PM.
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/192.4/130

Height: 5' 5"

YAY for you!!! How wonderful! GREAT JOB!!! YOU'RE GOING ALL THE WAY BABY!
healthychel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:19 AM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

That is wonderful, congrats!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 271/202/??

Height: 4'10"

Congrats!!! Keep it up!!!
kendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 04:26 AM   #5  
Caitlin

S/C/G: 270/???/150

Height: 5'9"

I totally get the "I don't want to celebrate yet" mentality. I tend to derail my efforts to diet after about a month and/or travel (or any situation in which one is forced to eat out 3 times a day or left at the mercy of other people's eating habits/pantry for several days). I've kept my food journal for 6 weeks now (a personal record), but I'm about to spend a few days in London and then a month back at my parents' house (and they are not the healthiest eaters...). You bet I'm holding my breath until I get back from visiting!

All the same, your weight is as a personal low AND you've moved into in a new (healthier) BMI range - you should be very happy!

In the words of Journey: "Hold on to that feeling." I hope it gives you the incentive to persevere as you face your challenges. Congrats and good luck!
GoodShadow is offline   Reply With Quote