Old 06-08-2010, 10:48 PM   #1  

Height: 6"1"

Default Birthday ahead - should I eat cake?

I have been working so hard on losing weight and trying to stay OP. I have been on it a month or so, but I only started really exercising hard over the past 2 weeks. And the pounds are coming off. My official weight is 246.4, but after I have seen as low as 244.4 on the scale. I don't make it my new low weight until I have seen it on the scale 3 times (daily weigher). That's coming up on a 5-6 pound loss this week.

My 30th birthday is coming up fast. So my question is, should I go off plan for my birthday dinner (seafood buffet) and indulge in cake? I will be in Atlantic City and I can just see that day in my head. I know if I eat a significant amount of carbs, I will gain back all that water weight I lost on induction. The last thing I want to do is look like a beached whale sitting by the pool. Is it worth it to go off plan for a day or when I get my lobster, should I ask them to just stick a candle in that?
Sockerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 205/185/135

Height: 5ft5

I personally probably wouldn't. I love cake and know that I would want a whole lot more then a little sliver. Enjoy your seafood, and see how you feel after the buffet. Good luck! AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
gerly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:46 PM   #3  
Carbs are evil

Height: 5'6"

I've slipped up and eaten off plan recently and let me tell you it was a big mistake! I don't get cravings for sweet/startchy foods anymore, but when I had a small bit of cake I just couldn't stop and I ate and ate and ate until it was bedtime. I don't know what I was thinking at all!!! I had lost control. If I was you that's the sort of thing I would be concerned about. Why don't you ask them to bring strawberries and cream or something low carb instead of a cake..

Whatever you decide best of luck and happy birthday
imstuffed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/204/145

Height: 5'7"

Last weekend I attended a family BBQ and cherry pie was the desert. I LOVE cherrie pie. However - I took a ziplock of fresh strawberries and loaded up on whip cream - it was great. I did not miss the pie one bit! And better yet - I felt really good about myself afterwards!! If you eat cake, will it make you feel bad? You don't want to be upset on your b-day!!! A few bites takes a couple of minutes, but feeling mad at yourself lasts much longer....just my two cents worth.

Happy Birthday!
fatBgone07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 241/194/160

I had my birthday a few weeks ago and faced the same dilemna ....... I was worried about the cake but I was also worried that if I really felt like I was depriving myself that I may toss the whole diet thing..... I had 2 bites of cake, a really great chocolate pudding lava cake that was out of this world. I was not going to waste my 2 bites on just any cake. If it had been a generic cake I wouldn't have felt like having any. I was satisfied after two bites because I really savored them, really let myself be satisfied with those two wonderful bites.

Now, that may not work for you ....... but it worked for me.
Shells is offline   Reply With Quote