Old 06-08-2010, 08:52 PM   #1  

Default Can you freeze HNS? Also HNS with yogurt?

All 3 of my HNS have to be taken as snacks (mid AM, mid PM, evening) along with either a fruit, starch, or dairy, depending on the time of day.

So, I was thinking today...for my HNS + fruit, I can do 4oz juice for the fruit. So...can I mix the HNS and juice together and freeze it into popsicle holders for a frozen snack? Or will the HNS lose its correct properties if frozen?

Just to keep going with ideas:

For my HNS + dairy...has anyone tried mixing the HNS into the plain yogurt? Does it taste okay?

For my HNS + starch...I'm kind of in love with melba toast...so I think this is the once-a-day rule I have for myself where I can have a creamy HNS

Any other suggestions?

Tomorrow will be my first real day on the plan, and I'm SO excited!
mouse120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:21 PM   #2  
Think Pink!

Height: 5'8"

You should not just be having HNS's as snacks - you need to be having them with at least breakfast & lunch (if you are on the green menu)
PinkTiara22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:57 PM   #3  

I'm on the meta-balance three meal plan. I'm not really on a 'color' menu...but I was told to use the beige options on the shopping list as my guidelines. I never had the part where your first 4 days are one plan, the next 5 or so days are a different plan...just jumped right into this meta-balance three meal plan (I think it was something about the fact that I already exercise way over 200 minutes a week that I ended up on this one; she said I didn't need all the extra protein). On it, I only have HNS as snacks...never with meals. I'm going to stop by for my first weigh-in on Thursday, so I'll ask...but the food direction sheet seem pretty clear that HNS is only snacks...so I don't think I misread it? Thanks for catching that though!

Last edited by mouse120; 06-08-2010 at 11:00 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:43 PM   #4  
Never too old

S/C/G: 227/180/170

Height: 5'4"

I was on that menu at first. I used juice and HNS but never froze it. I really liked peach mango HNS mixed in Greek Yogurt. It's smoother and better tasting than regular yogurt. Any of the dry HNS mix well with yogurt and you'll like them. Sometimes I mixed my dairy (milk) with either hot chocolate or cappuccino and only had one thing to drink.
Enjoy your juice, you won't get it once you switch to another menu!
Auntieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:20 AM   #5  

Yea, I froze mine into popsicles for a long time with no problems.

I also have a frozen yogurt machine. Works great with the meal replacements or smoothies with cottage cheese & fruit (blended first).
pbolton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:16 PM   #6  
Skinny for Scuba!

S/C/G: 178/149/135

Height: 5'1"

I don't know about the yogurt blend, but I do know you can freeze them. My center actually did frozen samples in the office of the Lemonade HNS and it tasted pretty much like a lemon chiller.
guinevere75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:51 PM   #7  

when did dairy become okay? we were always told no yogurt or milk, etc.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:55 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmd27 View Post
when did dairy become okay? we were always told no yogurt or milk, etc.
The metabalance menu lets you have yogurt/milk and more carbs. It's less protein but you get to add other things in. I like it but I feel like I eat all the time.. so I switch back and forth between Metabalance and MetaSlim
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:56 PM   #9  

thanks for the info, I had no idea .... was never given that option.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:18 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 239/219/155

My sister and I like to freeze the concentrates as popsicles when it gets too hot here in the southwest. Kiwi-Mango is my favorite.
CassInez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:21 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/209/155

Height: 5'3"

Does anyone have a copy of the meta balance menu that they could attach or send me? I would love to see it!

Thanks!
JessicaM121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:57 PM   #12  

Wow, thanks guys! Everyone here is amazing with answering so many of my random questions.

So, with the yogurt...I don't have any of the dry HNS at home. I was going to mix a concentrate with it tonight for my evening dairy/HNS snack. Will it work with the mixed berry concentrate too?

And to MEEZOOGIRL, yes!, I feel like I'm eating every 5 seconds! I think because I am It's slightly embarrassing when people keep walking by my office and see me stuffing my mouth at all hours of the day

Auntieb, will my menu change, then? Will it still be "metabalance" vs. "metaslim"? And if my menu will change, when does that happen? Is it based on weight? (I was 177.5 before I started preconditioning, I'm 168.5 at the end of my first day on this plan, if that helps).
Old 06-09-2010, 08:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 326/ticker/200

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse120 View Post
All 3 of my HNS have to be taken as snacks (mid AM, mid PM, evening) along with either a fruit, starch, or dairy, depending on the time of day.

So, I was thinking today...for my HNS + fruit, I can do 4oz juice for the fruit. So...can I mix the HNS and juice together and freeze it into popsicle holders for a frozen snack? Or will the HNS lose its correct properties if frozen?
I never would have thought of that. GREAT idea.
melNco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:40 PM   #14  
Never too old

S/C/G: 227/180/170

Mouse120. Which menu you use is determined by the center based on your needs. Most of us who were/are over 200 start with metabalance. If you have a health problem (I'm diabetic) you may start on metabalance. They consider all the facts that you listed on your enrollment sheet to make that determination. If you start out heavier, you sometimes go on the metaslim when you get to 200#. If you have a health problem and it improves, they will change your menu. The constant monitoring and weekly questions help them stay on top of your weight loss and possible menu change.
It's difficult to figure out sometimes WHY you are on a certain menu. Just be certain that this meal plan works and hang in there!
Yes, you can mix the liquid with yogurt but it will be really runny-drink your yogurt??
Auntieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:08 PM   #15  

Thanks! I went in today and bought the powder, since it apparently mixes much better with yogurt And I asked about the plan...I'm on this one because I have always worked out over 5hrs per week.

Fun tip of the day: If you're out drinking with friends, get a sprite zero and mix in a colored concentrate...looks like a girly drink without breaking rules