Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 11:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 328/292/135

Height: 5' 1"

Default #181 - Love the YOU you're with!

Hi everybody! Hope noone minds me starting another thread. The other one looked like it was getting a little long. I've been away for a long time, and I thought the best way to jump back in was to start a new thread.

I've spent my day dodging birthday cake, bread, hot rolls and all sorts of carb demons. Good grief! I've only been trying the low carb thing for two days. I'm trying hard to stick with it, but other members of my family are already starting to jump ship. I keep telling myself that what they do or do not eat does not affect me. We'll see how far it gets me.

I have three events I'm trying to get down a size or two for. The first is at the end of March. The hubby, myself and my younger brother are going to the Nascar race at Texas Motor Speedway. It will be my first Nascar race, and I want to make it up the stairs without passing out and falling to the bottom! Mid April starts the Scarborough Faire that DH and I go to every year (Renaissance festival). We usually dress up on opening weekend, and I would like to look half way decent in my costume instead of being the prize pig for the bbq spit. But my biggest event comes at the end of September when I turn 30. I will not, will not, WILL NOT turn thirty weighing over 250. (M'Chelle jumps up and down). Not sure how far I can get by March or April, but I'm hoping that by going to Curves at least three times a week, trying desperately to stick to the low carb thing, and saying a few hundred prayers for strength a day I can make my goal for September.

That's about it for me at the moment. I hope no one minds if I don't post individuals to everyone from the last thread yet. I haven't forgotten anyone, I promise. I've printed out the last thread so that I can catch up. Anyway, have a great day everybody!!!

HUGS!

M'Chelle
304/299/250 by 9-28

Last edited by bonnieangel; 02-11-2003 at 11:22 PM.
Old 02-11-2003, 11:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

Wink singing!

that song is in my head now. "love the one you're with..."

i bookmarked some low-carb sites. i haven't tried it yet, so my plan is that if i hit a plateau adn need to shake things up, i'll do that for a few weeks. i'm kinda scared of it though. i think i like my calorie counting.

i weigh in tomorrow. i'm nervous. i've stated getting nervous because i want it so badly. i've been doing awesome - 4 pointers every day. TONS of workout, eating good, drinking water all day... i should have nothing to worry about. but that scale.... it's evil.

it's bedtime soon. i have to finish an essay. off i go...
Old 02-12-2003, 03:40 PM   #3  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Just had to share this with you guys..

My daughter was such a hoot this afternoon!! I have to get this on video tape.
As some of you may know, I love to down load music (I use limewire.com) Today I downloaded "man, I feel like a woman" by Shania Twain. My 3 year old has been singing that non-stop! - She has been using the swiffer mop as her microphone. At the beginning she whispers to me.... "LET'S GO GIRLS" What a hoot!
All this dancing this afternoon has been great for me!

M'chelle - I've always wanted to go to a Renaissance festival - I think there is nothing sexier then those costumes!

Holly - I noticed how well you did last week - you rock!

I don't have anything planned so far for Valentine's Day... can any of you come up with anything cheap? (get your mind out of the gutter - we are going to do THAT.. that's free ) I told my husband that he is off the hook for gifts this year... payday is on Friday and we won't have a chance to buy things. What I want to do is take Sara (3 year old) to see Jungle Book 2!! The original is our fav!!

Dana
Old 02-12-2003, 04:58 PM   #4  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Is it Friday yet??? For some reason I am just beat. Can't wait to get some sleep this weekend.

I am still sticking with my plan and the scale is reflecting my efforts. It's past being easy and has become just what I am doing. Right now my mind-set is that of I wouldn't have it any other way. I still talk about it non-stop, I wonder when that will go away. I can imagine stepping on the scale and seeing a number that begins with 1 and not 2.

Valentines Day will be pretty uneventful for us. We are taking Jacob to Pizza Hut for dinner because we didn't want to mess with the fuss. I got Steve some penant (Yankees) that he wanted and bought and I am getting the longaberger sweetheart basket (that I bought). Yes...the romance is gone. Jacob is getting the spirit video. I did buy Steve the kiss-kiss bears from Hallmark (last years clearance) and will leave them in his car with a card.

Overall I am pretty pleased with the status of my life. Jacob has double ear infections and a cough, so it would be nice if that cleared up soon.

Dana - It sounds like Sara was too funny. Aren't those moments great!!! Jacob sings itsy bitsy pider

Holly - I too was thinking that when my weigh loss slowed I was going to investigate carbs. But I am going to try making sure I have the appropriate amount of carbs (60%?) and fat (30%) and monitor that. But I am in no hurry since this is working.

M'Chelle - It's good to have goals! I know you can do it. We are curves buddies. I don't know if anyone else here is doing it. Let's hope it works miracles!!!
Old 02-12-2003, 05:44 PM   #5  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

M'Chelle & Dana - I hate Ren Faires. My dance troupe (http://home.att.net/~mbfm/) perform at Ren Faires all summer. At first I was like, "Okay, Ren clothes aren't so bad" but after awhile I threw a huge temper tantrum and decided I would go dressed as a boy from now on. I think it's because I think everything looks like a tent with that much material. I don't need to look like a tent anymore than I already do!!!

I don't celebrate Valentine's Day. I've always felt like it's a holiday that makes couples feel obligated to buy stuff for eachother, and if you're single, it makes you feel miserable about being single. Sooooo, one condition of dating me is that you can not celebrate Valentines Day. I've never had a single complaint.

Well, I found out that I'm finally going back to the Midwest in July, for my cousin's wedding. So, my goal is to be under 200 by then. Pretty impressive goal but I really need to do it. I hate all of my extended family and would love to show them how happy I am now that I'm 3000 miles away from them.
Old 02-12-2003, 06:22 PM   #6  

We have our adoption homestudy (social worker checking us and our home out for 2 hours) at 7 p.m tonight.

I am freaking out.

Angi
Old 02-12-2003, 06:33 PM   #7  

Hugs to you Angi!!!!

Dana, my son Matthew is three, and loves to dance and sing. Maybe we should get our kids together Matthew loves the Beatles and can sing along to many of their songs. We actually bought him a microphone, and have tape recorded his singing. It's a blast!
Old 02-12-2003, 08:56 PM   #8  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

Oh Angi.. all the best!!!!

suzie - before I let my daughter see anyone I'm going to have to see his portfolio

Went to yoga tonight... so instead of eating my stress today - I exercised it away! I love yoga! - going to sign up for the next session.
Old 02-13-2003, 09:53 AM   #9  

Angi, I really hope everything went well last night!!! Let us know when you have a chance. I'm praying for you

Dana, you're little one sounds just adorable! What fun! Dancing with Sara sounds like the best kind of exercise out there!

Sandi, I'm counting down the minutes to Friday, as well. I just have to say how proud I am of how well your doing. You rock!!! Keep it up

Holly, I saw in the weigh-in thread how well you did this week! You've been working sooo hard & I am so happy that it really paid off for you this week

M'Chelle, I don't know how you do the low-carb thing. I just don't think I have the power to do it. You're a stronger woman than I!!!! I think the Renaissance festival sounds like fun. I've never been to one, but saw a special on cable about them once & they looked like a lot of fun.

Things here are going okay. Start my new job on Monday. Hopefully it goes well. School is still going. I've fallen behind in this class, so I'm really going to have to kick my rear into gear this weekend & get caught up. The good news is that I only have 9 weeks of the HR classes left. HOO-RAY!!! Counting down the days 'til graduation in June. Dh is doing well; still going to school & working. Work has really picked up for him, so he's pulling some extra hours. The money will be nice. We're going out to dinner & a paint your own pottery place for Valentine's Day. I'm thinking I should be able to eat OP even though we're going out. We're going to the Olive Garden, so if anyone knows any good, low point dishes there, let me know.

Had a good, OP day yesterday. I even made dh a cake (he had been begging for weeks!) & didn't have a slice. I'm trying a new thing with my points to see if it won't help me feel full. I think I wasn't eating enough there for a while & then I would go nuts one or two days a week. So hopefully if I up my points a little bit every day, that won't happen.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day
Old 02-13-2003, 11:09 AM   #10  

Dana, your little one sounds like such a cutie-pie!! I know that it is always so sweet to see those little ones dance and sing!
Old 02-13-2003, 11:24 AM   #11  

Oops, I accidently posted too soon! Sorry all!

Angi - my thoughts and prayers are with you. I am sure that all will go well with the home visit. You want this child, and I am sure that you will be a wonderful mother. Good luck.

Holly - you have been doing great!!! Keep with the calorie counting, that sure seems to be working for you! I know that I could never do the low carb thing. I love my bread and pasta WAY too much.

Me, I'm doing pretty good. My dh and I aren't celebrating Valentines Day, but that is because our anniversary is on the 15th, so we opt out of the 14th celebration. You know, so we don't have any problems getting reservations, discounts on roses and all of the heart-shaped stuff that we buy each other on our anniversary. I am very proud of his gift this year. We didn't want to spend a lot of $$ on each other, so I made him a basket of his "favorite indulgences" you know, all of the foods that I don't usually let him eat, chocolate covered cherries, pizza flavored goldfish, beef jerky, jelly beans and also some other stuff, like my nightie that is his favorite and a picture of his most favorite indulgence of all (me ). So, we are going out to a nice dinner on Saturday to celebrate and then on to a movie. My inlaws will be in town and babysitting, so we won't have to pay for the sitter.
Hope that everyone else is doing well. I should be doing homework as I'm typing here, so I am going to get off-line and get my butt in gear to start working on the homework that is due this afternoon.
Old 02-13-2003, 12:08 PM   #12  

Our homestudy went OK. My husband was 8 when his parents had a nasty divorce and his father left, rarely to be heard from again. He can barely talk to ME about it. Anyway, the social worker started right in with questions about his biological father. He did a great job, though, was honest and sincere and I think it went OK. I was very proud of him.

Phase two of our homestudy is next Thursday night. Then, she takes a couple of weeks to write it into a report and our agency decides if they will approve us or not (based on the social worker's recommendation).

Thanks for your kind thoughts and words,
Angi
Old 02-13-2003, 12:20 PM   #13  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hi all. Drake was feverish yesterday so I called in sick to work last night and of course this morning he is fine. ARGH! I wish I had a crystal ball to tell me that he is going to be okay and I can go to work. I've had to miss 2 shifts plus leave early one day because of his fevers. Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad at him, obviously he can't control when he is sick. I'm just starting to get a little concerned about $$$$. I'm working part-time and I've hardly had any shifts booked the past few weeks and I've had to call in sick twice in 2 weeks. I only had one shift booked for this week and I had to cancel it when I could have gone in. I know things will pick up in the spring when the full-time staff start going on vacation and so on but still it is hard to look that far ahead when there are bills due NOW!

Anyway just wanted to vent.

M"Chelle - when I've been to a NASCAR race I find that climbing the stairs is not really the problem, the problem is that the seats and rows to get to the seats are very, very, very narrow. It is next to impossible to walk in front of another person even when they do stand up to get to your seat. My advice is to get to your seat early and don't drink so much that you will have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the race. Just plan on staying there for the next 4 hours! That has been my experience anyway or hope that you get a seat on the aisle!
Old 02-13-2003, 03:31 PM   #14  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

M'Chelle: Having goals set makes everything I do a little more purposeful. I've never been to a NASCAR event, I'd be worried about fitting through the turnstiles, but that's everywhere that has them, I guess. Good luck w/low-carbing it.

Holly: You are doing excellent!!! I tried low-carbing it last spring, but I'm Italian, I gots-ta have the pasta.

Dana: My friend's daughter used to sing along w/"My Love Don't Cost a Thing" when she was about 2 1/2. There's a Renaissance Faire on the state line of WI/IL. There are signs for it as you get closer to IL. I'm sure there must be something closer to you, they *are* fun.

Sandi: I think kiss-kiss bears are romantic!

Jessica: Nothing like an upcoming wedding to fuel the fire.

Angi: Glad to hear it went well.

Kayla: Is that a modified "Wendi" method? I read about it in Woman's World. Sounds like it really works, let us know how it goes.

Denise: That was a great gift idea. My cousin's anniversary is today--same deal.

Jen: Things will get better. I'm sure your boss understands that your child comes first.

As for me, it's been a good OP week. I went back to the kidney doctor to get my results from my blood/urine tests & ultrasound. Details can be found in my journal, but the thing I forgot to write in there is that he said I don't have to follow the renal diet at this point in time. If I want, I can see any dietician of my choice up @ the hospital, but it would only be for weight loss issues, not renal issues, as I have no renal issues right now. *whew* So that was a load off my mind as I'd scared myself real good before my appt.

Other than that, things are going fine. My next project will be to go through the Roughneck I have w/my size 20 clothes in it, to see what's still stylish & what's not. (I like classic styles, so I'm not too worried) This weekend I'm going to drop at least $50 @ the Origins counter, to try & get this skin figured out. Friday is no big deal.
Old 02-14-2003, 08:38 AM   #15  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

Just wondering.. has anyone heard from Jenniffer?

I hope you are doing well!!
Closed Thread