General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-25-2010, 09:50 AM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry What In The HECK Is WRONG With You People?

Last night I was watching an old Judge Judy...

the 16 year old punk car-jacked a young woman throwing her to the ground and injuring her....he was chased by the cops and crashed the car...she wanted him to pay for the car damage....

He car-jacked her because he was cold and wanted to get home faster...he didn't think he should pay for damage because it wasn't his car....said he only crashed because the police chased him...making the crash their fault....

what's wrong with you people?

This morning the news was showing the sentencing of an accident here last year...a young couple attending college were walking at night...with the light...in a crosswalk...

A woman, who had been drinking....ran a red light running the kids over...killing the young woman...the young man was still on the hood as the car continued travel...the car stops...her husband gets out...throws the boy to the ground....his clothes had been knocked off of him from impact...bones sticking out of his skin...glass from the broken windshield stuck in him....car took off....

the young man was and still is alive...

thank God the people were finally caught...

in the sentencing the woman driving the car says....this was an accident no one could have prevented....

what's wrong with you people?

In the paper this morning was an article about a 15 year old girl shot and killed by a 16 year old boy...he had a gun and was explaining to some girls the game of Russian Roulette....the girl killed got real nervous and went to leave the room...as she walked away the boy shot her in the back...

I didn't think the gun was loaded...

What's wrong with you people....?

Last edited by EZMONEY; 05-25-2010 at 11:56 AM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:57 AM   #2  

I hear you! Far too many people are far too willing NOT to accept the consequences of their actions...and they whine "but it's not my fault"! I'm also astounded about how many parents don't think their children are responsible for their own actions either, and make excuses for them when they act badly or break the law!
2annabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:42 PM   #3  
Chrisinct

S/C/G: 224/165/150

Height: 5'4

I watched the same show last night and could not believe the insensitivity and ignorance of that kid. My first thought was, "How was he raised that he could even think this way?" I have to believe problems like this start in the home. These kids get lost in an atmosphere where parents are not around (his father worked 7 days a week) to monitor where and what they are doing.
Sadly, unless he gets some much needed direction and counseling, I'm afraid he will continue thinking that nothing matters but what he wants, when he wants it.
It really is a sad commentary on how far we have strayed away from God's desire for us to love and help one another. Pray that this young man finds that love in his heart. Without it, I'm afraid he will only get worse and will become a real danger to society.
chris313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 03:24 PM   #4  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Such stories make me appreciate people who take responsibility, recognize they're in the wrong, feel & express remorse & try to make amends by apologizing & atoning in some way. Really, there are people who do all those things.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 03:44 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

In my experience, people who behave this way don't have anything "wrong" with them, per se...they were raised in environments where they weren't taught respect for others, courtesy, honesty, integrity, and all of the other backbone moral values that make for happy, productive adults.

Not nearly so bad, but I was at Relay for Life this weekend, and I'd offered up running laps (about 1/3 of a mile) for $10 donations to my team, in honor of donors loved ones. I had also signed up for the 7-9pm and 3-6am walking shifts (in Relay for Life, you have at least one person on your team on the track for 24 hours straight, from 10am-10pm). I arrived, and was immediately informed by the mother of the teenage girl who had signed up with her friends to do the 12-3am shift that they "really didn't want to" because it was so cold (it was. It was like 34 degrees). So the mom volunteered Sarah and I to take the 12-3, since we were going to be doing the 3-6 anyway. Then she suggested that her daughter and friends take our 7-9 shift, since we'd be filling in later. They declined, and the mom just shrugged, like "Kids! What are you going to do??".

Then later, within earshot of her daughters, she said "You're really a much better person than I am. No one would know if you didn't run those laps, you know". At which point I looked her squarely in the eye and said "I would know." That shut her up.

The whole thing made me realize how a kid might never learn that honoring commitments, having integrity, sticking with your word, and respecting other people's time and efforts are important. After all, if your parents blow such things off, why on earth wouldn't you?
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:14 PM   #6  
Big Miss Sunshine

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/175

Height: 72.5"

I don't understand why the 16 year old car jacker isn't in prison??
MissKoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

The sad thing is we have people on juries who just can't find it in their hearst to call someone guilty, even tho evidence show otherwise.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 207/207/150

Height: 5'3"

We are seeing the effects of the "Me Generation"...the generation of kids who only worried about "me" and whose parents wouldn't even let them worry about themselves. These are the same ones who, upon getting their first real job, complain because they aren't making top dollar yet, the same ones who will still be living at home at 45 because mama refused to teach them to cook their own food, wash their own dishes, or do their own laundry.

And just think, these are the same ones who will be taking care of us when we're 80 years old and in need of our butts being wiped...swell thought, huh?
kgriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:10 AM   #9  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Oh, wow.

I think people get away with
much more than they should,
and it's truly a shame.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:18 AM   #10  
Amazing will be me

OMG thats bad never heard nothing like it
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:07 PM   #11  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgriff View Post
We are seeing the effects of the "Me Generation"...the generation of kids who only worried about "me" and whose parents wouldn't even let them worry about themselves.
Every generation thinks later generations are far worse than the previous.

Consider this quote:

“The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.”

When was this written? Somewhere around 2400 years ago (Plato attributed it to his mentor Socrates).

Maybe it's because everyone is playing video games. Or maybe things aren't as bad as we think. Maybe we always look at the past with rose-colored glasses (and the present through puke green ones).

There have and always will be selfish, rude, inconsiderate, and even violent people. Are there more now - number wise probably yes (because there are more people alive today than have ever died - at least I keep hearing this statistic). Percentage wise, probably not as violent crime rates have been dramatically and consistently dropping since the late 1990's (for many types of violent crime, they're actually below 1973 levels).

Last edited by kaplods; 06-09-2010 at 02:10 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:40 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 307.2/249.4/150.0

Height: 5 feet 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
When was this written? Somewhere around 2400 years ago (Plato attributed it to his mentor Socrates)
At least you admit that "Plato attributed it". No first-hand quotes from Socrates are known to exist. Whenever I see any quotes like this a red flag goes up in my mind. Check this link:
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=398104
ANOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:34 PM   #13  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Here is a quote that goes way back....

Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.

--Jesus speaking in Matt. 24:12
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 04:52 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 256/242/165

Height: 5'4

gosh i know what you mean! I know of someone who was charged with manslaughter - this person got into a fight an the other person died... They only got 9mths home detention!!
cocomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:29 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 307.2/249.4/150.0

Height: 5 feet 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
there are more people alive today than have ever died - at least I keep hearing this statistic
bump 09.19

Snopes calls you on that:

http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/dead.asp
ANOther is offline   Reply With Quote