South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 05:07 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Welcoming Wednesday Beach Chat

Good Morning

I am so excited! In a few hours I'll be Welcoming my DH back to sunny Colorado! He arrives at 7am, and will be deadbeat tired....those Alaska redeye's are killer, especially as we get older. Fortunately, I'm very sympathetic and will spare him the "honey do" list until tomorrow. Food has been very OP, for which I am greatful, but I am more than happy for him to be home. Yes, absence does make the heart grow fonder. I always get goodies, too, so we'll see what's in the bag for me before he drifts into lala land. I have a box of fish coming, so I'm defrosting and rearranging the freezer this AM...a favorite cookbook, for sure...and hopefully a nice suprise!

What's everybody up to on this Hump Day? Stop by and say Hi!
Old 06-09-2010, 06:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Debbie! You sound pretty chipper for so early in the day. I hope Kirk has a nice flight home and the plane arrives on time.

It's supposed to be a cool and rainy day, but the sun is out right now. I'm spending the morning with Susie & Ramsay, and we're all going to go watch Audrey's play at school this afternoon. The girls have guitar lessons after school, but I should still be able to get home shortly after 5 today.

I'd better start thinking of what to make for Jake's supper and get it started before I leave. I think I'll make him a pot of chili since it's going to be a chilly day, and make some vegetarian chili for me.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:26 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone,

Today is my son's birthday - what a big day! He is SO excited. I've taken the day off work but it will be a busy one.

Hope everyone has a great day. I've been on plan since Monday, plan to weigh on on Friday am.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:31 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Good morning friends!

Debbie, you and Kirk have been on my mind for a couple of reasons - but one is that my daughter Beth is in Alaska right now. She's been phoning and sending great pics.

Linda, I'm in a chili rut. Fergie has been so good about fixing meals and doing a few extra things lately because I'm always in a rush and dragging once I finally get home for the day. Chili is his 'specialty' so we've had it so often these past 3 months that I'm quite tired of it. But of course I haven't told him that, so we had chili for supper again last night and I've got a container ready to take to school for lunch today.... and tomorow, and Friday...

The sun is shining right now, so hopefully the rain will stay away from the playground today. We had scattered showers yesterday with lots of sun in between - but guess when the showers showed up? During our 2 scheduled recesses and just as we started taking kids out to the buses!

Today is our last regular youth group meeting for the season and for the first time in a long time I'm really relieved about that. I love those teens and we do several activities each month during the summer but I'm so anxious to move into a few weeks of 'no responsibilities other than family' time.

Enjoy your Wednesday ladies!

ETA: Good morning Matilda! Happy Birthday to your son - and congratulations to you on the anniversary of his birth. My kids' birthdays always bring so many great memories back to Fergie and me!

Last edited by Heidi58; 06-09-2010 at 06:33 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:32 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Debbie and Cottage. Your days look nice and full.

Cool here and rain is predicted but I will try to get in another couple of hours of digging this morning. We do pet therapy at noon and then I'll be outta here to help serve at a Church dinner. It's ham, potato salad and pie so I will definitely not be tempted!

Just let the dogs in and it's raining so I guess I'll have to force myself to quilt this morning instead of digging!

ETA: at Mmc and Heidi.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:45 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Had a cancellation today so I've "found" 5 hours. Luckily I have a long list of things to get done in June so no problem filling the time.

Debbie - I love surprises. Hope yours is good

Cottage - same weather here, what a strange spring. I don't mind it cooling down a little though. My peas are coming fast and furious and I'd be happy to extend that a little.

Matilda - Happy birthday to your son!

Heidi - Hope your recesses are rain free today. Kids always need recess but never more than this time of year

Ruth - Happy quilting
Old 06-09-2010, 06:48 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone!

Linda, I hear Heidi might have some extra chili if you don't feel like cooking. Have fun with all the planned activities and I hope you make it home early.

Mmc, Happy Birthday to DS! Have fun celebrating!

Heidi, glad to hear Beth is enjoying Alaska. I would eat Kirks food if he made chili, unfortunately, his specialty is baked halibut ala dry. It was great to see you this AM and I look forward to seeing more of you as school winds down.

Ruth, I thought of you the other day when it was so blasted hot! Not too long ago we were freezing! It was cooler yesterday, and I enjoyed it, but I don't want it to become a habit-I need fresh produce. Hope the pups didn't get too muddy!

Cyndi, I found 5 hours, too. I woke up at 1 and couldn't get back to sleep. I don't recommend it. Hope you find 5 fun things!
Old 06-09-2010, 07:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning No biking today... tons of rain yesterday and I am going to avoid the mud and risk of falling. Not sure if I mentioned that my mom and I are going to the spa next week but she has told me I had better not re-injure myself! We are down to two cars and three drivers and I will be stuck in the house this afternoon.

Have a great day all.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:41 AM   #9  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning Everyone!!!
Rainy here too...trying to work up the energy to hit the gym, then go to the farmer's market for some vegs and fruit. Hoping they have shrimp today too to save me a trip to the grocery store. But, if no shrimp, I can always head to Debbie's house to score some fish, right?????.
Is anyone else here into HBO's Treme??? Been really enjoying it.
Hope everyone's day is perfect..
Old 06-09-2010, 08:25 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Hope everyone has a fabulous day. It's a bit dreary here, but my garden is not complaining about the rain. I have some baby cherry tomatoes and yellow squash!!! And the turnip greens are just about ready to be picked.

The scale was kind to me today after no grains for a couple days. Love the beach!! It made it a lot easier to make an omelette again today!

Have a great one!
Old 06-09-2010, 09:59 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Debbie- I can tell you are excited to have DH home

It is dreary and rainy here as well, really did not want to get up when the alarm went off at 4:50 a.m. did my workout it was tough this morning, but I am slowly waking up and getting motivated to get my work done

Tonite is play practice and that is about it. Have a wonderful day everyone.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:34 AM   #12  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

good morning!

O.M.G!
Wake up this morning and *everything* is hurting! I feel like such a cripple.
and, when I complained to dh , he advised me I was not playing the new wii game for 1 hour last night, I played for 2.5 hours! LOL
For those who missed my other posts, I got Just Dance for the wii on the suggestion of some chickies. Its 10$ off right now at walmart , and I didn't even know that til I got to the cash. Bonus. ANyhow,
it does not feel like exercise (at the time) . I am normally a slug, a couch potato, can barely do 30 min on the bike. But this was fun! Hopefully it will have a big impact on my fitness level.

Not doing anything special here today but should do a clean up since extramural is coming tomorrow.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:44 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 212/195/155

Height: 5' 8.5"

good morning to everyone. Of course it is almost 11 here. Hardly a morning at all anymore. Another day, another chance to eat awesome whole grains and other yummy things while losing weight. Summer is a great time to be on the Beach.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:26 AM   #14  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Isn't that so true, Jarlie! Absolutely everything is op except those big fluffy hamburger buns. But who need those anyhow? Geez there's even things at DQ that are OP> how sweet is that?
Old 06-09-2010, 11:39 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 273/see ticker/200

Height: 5'4

So it's 11am and I am still trying to wake up and read through all of the posts I begin work at 10am, so I don't really get going until noon or so!

Today is day 3! (Phase 1) Everything has been going great, except I haven't made it to the gym yet. I played softball on Monday, took last night off to cook, and tonight I forgot my gym clothes (duh!) Which means, either Cardioke or Wii fit when I get home. All of the cooking I'm doing is wearing me out though. All I feel like I'm doing is cooking. Between cooking dinner, cleaning up, cooking "extras" (2 nights ago egg muffins, last night bean brownies), cleaning up again, I am getting a little sick of it. I think that is the reason I am feeling so satisfied though, because I am making really delicious, healthy meals. So it's worth it in the end. I hope it gets easier.

Tonight, I am making homemade pesto and baking it on chicken with a little bit of RF mozz cheese. With a side of a receipe I found on this forum for italian Canenneli beans. YUM!
Closed Thread