Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-08-2010, 01:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

Default Disgusting mess

I cant take it anymore. I feel like this weight is never going to come off. Im lazy. i hate working out and if i miss one day its weeks before i get back to it. HELP!!!!
Breannaj1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:00 PM   #2  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

So sorry you are having a rough time. Do you work out at home or at the gym? I too hated working out (looks like we have similar starting weights). I was very unmotivated, so I forced myself to workout by hiring a personal trainer. It definitely made a difference for me, because I had to go, he made workouts based on my body type and ability and forced me to do the exercises that I needed to do. Just a suggestion.

I find it hard to work out at home, too many distractions, so if you can get away from home, or just go for a walk. By taking music with you, it can distract you for the actual "exercising" part.

Hope this helps. If you want more tips and tricks, let me know. I've been on quite a journey myself.
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:02 PM   #3  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

Look at it this way: the weight is DEFINITELY not coming off if you give up. Keep doing what you're doing and your chances are pretty good.

I can totally relate to how you're feeling though. Even as I was steadily losing, I sometimes felt I would never be "there"...that it was impossible that it would ever really go away (the fat, that is).

But it will. Some days are just harder than others. Remember the reasons you started making changes in the first place, that always gives me fresh motivation!
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:04 PM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breannaj1215 View Post
I cant take it anymore. I feel like this weight is never going to come off. Im lazy. i hate working out and if i miss one day its weeks before i get back to it. HELP!!!!

I am sorry you are feeling this way and I truly wish I knew of some magical way to solve the issue but in reality on you can do that. You admitted here, you are lazy. We can't make you un-lazy, only you can do that. Exercise is not fun for everyone and the thing about it, for me, is to stop making excuses and get up and get moving. You CAN do this. Start today, start now by going for a walk or putting in a DVD or dancing around the house..anything that gets ya to moving Good luck
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

1. Try different things. Don't just stay miserable until you quit completely.

2. At a high weight, food restriction makes up a MUCH larger portion of a calorie deficit than exercise does. If you really, really hate exercise--if it's making you sick of the whole process, makes you want to throw in the towel completely, I'd scale it way back or even quit it for 30 days and just work on staying perfectly on plan, food wise, until then. Then start adding exercise in gradually.

3. As you lose weight, the exercise will become much, much miserable. At 300, I could barely stand to walk 5 minutes, I hated my body so badly. It's very different now.
3. What is your exercise routine? What is your food plan?
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:26 PM   #6  
Live. Laugh. Love.

S/C/G: 191.5/126/120

Height: 5'1

I've read somewhere that losing weight is 80% diet/food intake and 20% exercise. Maybe if you started off by making changes in your eating habits the whole thing won't be so daunting.

Exercise doesn't have to be painful or tedious. Start of slow .. incorporate a walk here and there. I started off walking and stretching in my living room.

I agree with onederchic! We can't magically fix it.
InControl2Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:39 PM   #7  
Resident Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmead View Post
1. Try different things. Don't just stay miserable until you quit completely.

2. At a high weight, food restriction makes up a MUCH larger portion of a calorie deficit than exercise does. If you really, really hate exercise--if it's making you sick of the whole process, makes you want to throw in the towel completely, I'd scale it way back or even quit it for 30 days and just work on staying perfectly on plan, food wise, until then. Then start adding exercise in gradually.

3. As you lose weight, the exercise will become much, much miserable. At 300, I could barely stand to walk 5 minutes, I hated my body so badly. It's very different now.
3. What is your exercise routine? What is your food plan?

Agreed. I started out at 330 pounds and my exercise routine then was 5-15 minutes of walking in place a day. I didn't want to do it, it was hard for me, but I pushed through it and today I am glad I did
Old 06-08-2010, 02:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

Thanks ladies. I cant really afford a trainer. Here there very expensive. Im ok with my diet. the problem is without excersize you tend to lose more slowly. The one thing that motivates me is seeing the weight come off. Ive been walking with my dog for 20 minutes aday.
Breannaj1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:47 PM   #9  
Resident Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breannaj1215 View Post
Thanks ladies. I cant really afford a trainer. Here there very expensive. Im ok with my diet. the problem is without excersize you tend to lose more slowly. The one thing that motivates me is seeing the weight come off. Ive been walking with my dog for 20 minutes aday.

That is NOT lazy!!! It is a wonderful beginning and you should be proud
Old 06-08-2010, 02:56 PM   #10  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I used to hate working out. I hated the gym. I dreaded going and rarely went.

So I cancelled my membership and bought a treadmill on craigslist for $100.

Then I stared at it. Told myself I have to do it. I would argue with myself all the time and make myself get on. Literally I'd say "just do 5 minutes" but found that I'd go longer.

Then the weight started coming off quicker. And I started enjoying it I then started going for walks on my lunch at work. First 3 times a week, now it's pretty much daily unless something comes up. Then I joined an aerobics class being taught by one of my coworkers, I usually go twice a week for something to mix things up

Now I find I don't argue with myself to hop on the treadmill, in fact, if I miss a day now I miss it! I find that if I do ONE thing a day, whether it be a walk, a run on my treadmill, or an aerobics class, I'm enjoying it now.

I know that sounds freaking crazy but it's true! Find stuff you can do and just keep at it- you'll find over time you start to enjoy it and keep it as part of your routine

And yeah you definitely don't need an expensive trainer or gym membership! Your 20 minutes a day is great! Maybe now increase that 20 to 30 minutes

My sister takes Zumba classes for exercise- she LOVES them.

Last edited by beerab; 06-08-2010 at 02:57 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:57 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 266/216/166

Height: 5' 1"

Sorry your having a rough time .
I use to hate exercise and doing anything weight-loss related. I just felt like I had better things to do with my time. But now I realize there is nothing better to do than this. I mean I owe it to my body to give it a little exercise and to treat it better, even if it's just 20 minutes a day. Things will get better, they always do, just remember that.
bunnythesAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:01 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

I agree, you aren't lazy! Walking the dog for 20 minutes a day may be all your capable of doing. For now.

I'm here to tell you as the weight comes off you will be able to do more. I am finding out that when you weigh less exercise isn't all that miserable. Weighing less makes it easier to exercise, makes you less klutzy, and doesn't hurt nearly as much as when you're heavier. Then, exercise becomes more of a positive experience. You will feel the benefits afte exercising in time: Less pain, more flexibility, more stamina.

I lost my first 40 punds on diet alone. I did try to make an effort to move more on a daily basis. For me, because I was very out of shape and dealing with an arthritic knee, THAT was my exercise. I parked further away from the store, I took the stairs instead of the elevator, I stopped asking my family to take things upstairs for me--even when it meant multiple trips because I wasn't capable of carrying it in one load. After 40 #'s I started a water aerobics class and I just recently added to that swim lessons so now I can swim laps on the off days.

Trust me, in time you will accomplish more. Just keep doing what you can do. Add to it as you can. The most important thing is to not give up. You can do this!

May I ask how long it's taken you to lose 13 #'s? Can you tell us how many calories you are eating each day? Given enough details you might hear some good advice or you might just hear you're right on track.
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:06 PM   #13  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

I agree with the other ladies, what you eat makes a huge difference. I found that I usually failed at trying to change too much too soon. So, this time I did it the "smart way." I started by working on my eating habits and once I knew how many calories I was eating and getting into the swing of things that way, I began to work on the exercise portion.

20 minutes may not sound like lot, but it really is! Every step is getting you that much closer to your goal. That's better than doing nothing at all!
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:22 PM   #14  
I am worth it!

S/C/G: 258/240.8/170

Height: 5'05"

I hated working out too, at least in the beginning. I get bored easily with it. So I started going to classes at my gym like BodyPump and Cycle. Classes make it easier for me because I'm there with a bunch of women who are working out but having fun. We also keep each other accountable. I feel bad if I sleep in and ditch my friend on Saturday mornings!
Maybe you just need to switch it up? It always helps me to look at pictures of myself from when I was at a good weight. I know I can look like that again.
You can do it girl! Keep pushing, and eventually you'll look back at this post proud that you didn't give up!

Last edited by MosesMom1; 06-08-2010 at 04:23 PM.
MosesMom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:41 PM   #15  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Water aerobics? Lap swim?

I hated to exercise and when I first started I hit the pool stuff because I also hate to sweat.

I wasn't crazy about being a bathing suit, but my hatred of exercise and sweat were greater than my hatred of bathing suits. LOL!

Besides once inside the pool doing the water aerobics the water is moving all around and nobody looks at you anyway.

I took mine at the county park rec pool -- for a very affordable $2 per class or free with a $35 annual pool pass.

See what your county offerings are.

GL!
A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote