Old 06-07-2010, 06:10 AM   #1  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Default W.O.W. Independence from Fat Challenge~WEEK 2

Can you guys believe we are already into week 2?

Lets keep our bodies in motion! Keep up the good work!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:46 AM   #2  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

WOWza!!!!! I didn't even read all four pages of last week's thread, will do so after I post for this week.

And LOL @ Myself....my only goal last week was to post twice in each week, and I KNOW I posted only the once. ughhhhh. come on Michelle. get with it.

Softball went well yesterday! Our team had its first win! We are 1-2-1 (one tie, the first game!) I play second base and that's fun and exciting! I had a DOUBLE it was a BEAUTIFUL hit out to left field, and scored two runs. I feel so great after the games, I want to keep that momentum going!

Today is a special day for me! I graduate off probation (if you don't know, its a long story....hit a rough patch about 14 months ago, got into some trouble, went to rehab, yes, it's a crazy story) 3:45 this afternoon I will be a free woman! Sober, happy, felony-free (haha)...no more curfew, no more rules, no more daily screenings, ah God is good.

Tomorrow will ALSO be a special day for me!!!! Sooooo I had this awesome interview last week (OMG I WAS GOOD I killed this interview I wanted to hire myself based on that interview!) it went so amazing, the woman invited me to dress in my scrubs (which I assume will be an emotional thing for me at first, I haven't got to wear my scrubs in over a year. wow!) and shadow a nurse at the clinic for a couple hours during their busy time to see if it still looks like something I would be interested in....My girlfriend worked there for a while and put in the word for me so that helped and she said when she shadowed that day, they made the official offer after the shadowing, so fingers crossed!!!!

Anyhoooo onto the weight loss part! I'm up at 6 am so that must be a good thing...I am excited about stuff though, about today, tomorrow, still riding the feel good from yesterday's softball game....it's all falling into place. So I knew I wanted to weigh in, come post on here, eat breakfast (oatmeal, the old fashioned kind, lots of fruits stirred in) and do some kind of workout video....my friend is doing the p90x so I'm gonna start that too. (power 90 I think I do first) So I'm dressed, eating and raring to go.

W- 3 liters
E- B: oatmeal with fruit
S: apple
L: subway with grapes or apples?
D: ughhhh what????? Failure to plan = plan to fail michelle get on it
S: popcorn? almonds maybe
E- power 90 in a few min, will be back to report how it goes
D- One day at a time. All I have is today. Make better choices today. May God's will be done. Yes, that's God's will, NOT Michelle's will.

Remember, motivation wanes, today I make a COMMITMENT.
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Michelle, great news!!!! Good for you, let us know how the shadowing goes!

Jeni, time flies. You are always so sunny. Thank You.

W 100
E I have a personal day today, so may go down to the Y and continue to learn my way around. I did take old dog and pup for a walk, but that is kind of not exercise. The puppy is not leash happy yet, so we don't get much speed before he sits.
E Plan
D One choice at a time
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:19 AM   #4  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

PS....did the power 90 day one, feeling pretty great. Need a lot of work to keep up though. You alternate day one (mostly cardio) and day two (weights and sculpt) for six days on one day off. I prefer lifting to cardio any day. I'm not afraid of a little work, but bouncing, hopping, jogging in place doesn't come easy to me, but I'll keep trying. Day one has a big power yoga thing in the begining that I am not down with but hope to become more flexible for. Gotta start somewhere, right? My shins ache a little and my muscles feel all quivery so that must be good, right?

Oh and my official weigh in from this morning was 275. Ugh. Now I'm not gonna weigh out until the end of this challenge. Plus I have some measurements done a few weeks ago....trying not to concentrate on numbers. damn you scale! Loves to all. xo
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:38 AM   #5  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Morning everyone. Michelle ~ good luck with the job opportunity. Sounds promising.

I got out this morning and did a mile walk/jog (17 minutes). Now, if I will just do it every day and add something else back in. I've been too lazy ~ letting life get in the way of exercising. I did not meet my exercise goal from last week. I've done pretty good on the diet part (even on days that I've eaten things that I really shouldn't, I've stayed within my calorie target range). I didn't lose any weight this past week - frustrating. Four weeks until the 4th ~ I don't see 12 lbs coming off by then, but I'm not giving up.

Week 1: 228.4
Week 2: 228.6

W: At least 64 ounces of water
E: Minimum of 30 minutes 5 days a week ~
E: Average calories within 1600-1700 ~ do a better job of planning and getting in some variety
D: The never ending basement/craft room organizing is still on the list. I am on the homestretch now - hopefully will be done within the next week or so. I am not dedicating enough time to it, or it would be done by now. After the basement is done then I will move on to the garage. It would be nice to have it all done before the 4th.
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:38 AM   #6  
Portion Control

Height: 5'3"

Start weight independence challenge: 168
Week 1: 169.5

Off to a bad 1st week start.
But I start my week on Saturday and was really good both days of the weekend. So I am optimistic that I can have a good week. I even got my food cut up yesterday.

Michele - I hope your shadowing goes well today. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a good outcome.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - walk 3 miles
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - train the dog

Wishing everyone good WEED today!
PopcornGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:44 PM   #7  
Calorie Counter

I'll post later, Im exhausted and ready for my day off.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:49 PM   #8  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Look at you girls..all excited and stuff. Keep working hard, it will pay off.

I am like Jeni- I may lose my umph, but I never quit. And Lord knows I have wanted to throw in the towel. Still looking for that majig mix that starts things moving again. Still eating 1600 cals/day and keeping up with the workouts.

Week 1- 180
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:32 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

W 100
E Stairs, lunch walk, crunches and raquetball after work
E OP
D Fight the good fight
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:01 AM   #10  
Portion Control

Height: 5'3"

Yesterday's WEE went okay. The D not so much. I did try to work with the dog but we had a bad training effort. I wanted to end on a positive note with him but I am not sure we did. On the positive side I forced myself to do my 3 mile walk.

MotherMavis - I am curious about the Eating part of your WEED. What is OP?

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - aerobic DVD
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - get a positive training session in with the dog
PopcornGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:58 AM   #11  
Calorie Counter

Good Morning everyone.

I got a great nights sleep Now I have a girl to get ready for school, then go workout. Afterwards I HAVE TO scrub the walls. We are moving into our new room on Friday! Tommy is so excited to have his own room.

W 80 oz. DRINK IT ALL!!
E 50 minutes cardio/15 core/10 weights
E clean clean clean eating
D scrub scrub scrub the walls!
Old 06-08-2010, 10:38 AM   #12  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

I got out this morning and went for a mile walk/jog. Took me about 15 minutes. Four laps around the square block I'm walking makes a mile. Today I jogged two blocks, then walked two, jogged two, walked two, etc (except one lap that I only jogged one). So I jogged nearly half a mile out of my mile today - yesterday I jogged about 1/4 of a mile. I hate it. I have never enjoyed running - even when I was young and an athlete. I took the stairs from the parking garage this morning - two flights. When I left yesterday I took the stairs from the main floor to the parking garage - three flights, and I will do so again today. I can't do all three coming up yet.
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:55 PM   #13  
Sweat Sweat Sweat!

S/C/G: 190/ticker/130

Height: 5'7

Ah! I'v been so busy! No time to post!
I forgot where I left off.
But I do know that I lost another pound.

W:80 oz
E: Already did 60 laps in the pool. I love to swim.
E: Keep things in moderation.
D: Relax, I gave my first speech today in class. 61/62. Killed it.
TheLindsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:24 PM   #14  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Not much to say because I have nothing to report. Nothing is happening for me.

School is out in 2.5 days though.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:50 PM   #15  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Nixmom~ HAHAHA, underwear backwards… HAHAHA… sorry, got a good laugh out if it though… 4.6lbs. is awesome!

NurseMichelle
~ Nice hit! Congrats on your win! How did shadowing work out?

MamaP~ Great job sticking with the walking!

mtiger~ 4.5 days for us… I can’t wait!!! 6 if you include in-service…

jcatron243
~ Walls all nice and clean?

100% on today’s WEED!!! AND… Day #4 no soda!!!

6/9/10 WEED

W~ 80oz H2O
E~ Hopefully finishing yard work!
E~ Cook out for lunch tomorrow… No buns with my hot dog!
D~ Going for Day #5 of no soda and Day #2 no Evil Snacking!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote