Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-05-2010, 07:50 PM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default Need a pep talk...

Ugh, I'm so close but I keep taking a nibble here a nibble there and I KNOW it's adding up. The scale has been stuck for the last 3 weeks (partially due to incorporating strength training), but I just feeling like saying ok...I'm close enough, let's maintain. I don't know what's going on with me right now. I think I'm frustrated because 10lbs used to be a breeze, but the last 10 lbs seems to have taken forever and the thought of 10 more is just exhausting. I'm also terrified that 10 more isn't going to be enough and I'm going to need to lose yet another 10lbs. I know I should just shut my mouth and dig my heals in and get it done, but I'm just in a rut or something. I just want to be at my goal already. Ok, thanks for listening to me B*&tch and moan.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/135/125

Height: 5'5.5

I just wanted to say congratulations on all the weight you have lost so far! What you have done is amazing. Sorry that you're not meeting your goal as quickly as you'd like, but based on your results, I believe you will reach your goal, even if it takes longer than anticipated--the frustration you're feeling may be just what gets you through this plateau. B*&tch and moan all you like--you've certainly earned the right.

Last edited by christinemariep; 06-05-2010 at 07:59 PM.
christinemariep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 08:08 PM   #3  

You have accomplished so much!!! You have a lot to be proud of, and it shows that you are capable of reaching your goal and you will!! Keep up with the strength training, it's so important to maintaining, and don't let the scale get you down. You WILL get there, so don't get discouraged now!
mthrgoos68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:09 PM   #4  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...lol. I've been feeling the same way lately...my weight loss hasn't really slowed, but I just feel like I'm at a breaking point for some reason. Maybe I'm just tired of thinking about it all the time! You have done wonderful and should be so proud...you can get there. Sooner or later. Make sure to congratulate yourself on your progress so far, that is key I really think.
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:26 PM   #5  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

Why not relax a bit and just maintain where you are. You've done an amazing job so far! I know you aren't at yoru final goal but give yourself and your body a bit of a break. Stay vigilant, don't let old bad habits come back, but just see what maintaining is like. Then once you've recharged your batteries a bit you can tackle those last pounds.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:43 PM   #6  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Quote:
I'm just tired of thinking about it all the time
YES!!!! It is consuming. I think the first thing I need to do is work on this. I need to focus on something else, but still keep my focus. It's actually giving me anxiety. I don't know if it's knowing I'm so close and that maintenance is a whole other effort to embark on that is giving me anxiety or if it's being afraid that I won't get there or if I do it won't be enough.

Quote:
Why not relax a bit and just maintain where you are
Including my pregnancy I've been at this for 4 years, it just needs to be done. I also can't afford to keep buying new clothes, I need to start getting some permanent pieces that I know I'll be able to keep a while.

On another note, I was forced to go get some new pants today. I got 3 pairs, ALL 10's! I was inbetween a 10 and 12 a few weeks ago, now an "official" 10. That for me is a goal in itself. I haven't been a true 10 since high school! Getting into a 10 has almost been more of a goal than the weight itself. It is really making the real for me, I've actually done it, I've lost this weight. Sometimes I wasn't sure it would ever happen! So today gave me a little boost and I'm planning on tighting up on my cals (I've been a little lax lately) and pumping up my intensity on me strength training. I'm hoping I can get these 10 off in the next 6 weeks or so and then reevaluate. I may need to push for 15, because I think 10 will put me just on the edge of a size 8 and I hate being inbetween sizes. Or maybe I'll go a little less and stay in a solid 10...who knows.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:41 PM   #7  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Ahw.
Good luck and keep at it.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote