Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-05-2010, 09:30 AM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default The last 10 lbs

So I'm at a stall (about 3 weeks). This isn't completely uncommon for me, it happens from time to time, but not often. My new trend is about 6lbs a month, 3 lbs one week, no lbs the next, 3 lbs the next and no lbs the next. I only have 10 lbs to go and I'm terrified that maybe my body is done, but I'm not ready to be done. I know that I just started strength training and I'm losing some inches, so my body is adjusting to that. I also stopped zig zagging my cals about 2 weeks ago so I'll start back on that again, but who else has struggled with those last 10 lbs. Should I make any more refinements to my program or just stay the course. My nutrients are balanced, my cals are good (for me), I workout 6xs a week. The only thing that I can't change that might help are my stress levels, I'm trying some meditation at night so we'll see how that goes. And if my body is done, how long do I wait it out before I just call it and go to maintenance?

Last edited by ncuneo; 06-05-2010 at 09:30 AM.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 280/255/Healthy, Happy, Strong

Height: 5'7"

You've done an incredible job losing 110 pounds! I know that I am not at goal yet, but once upon I have been there. I just forgot the important maintenance step. Funny how that is important!

Lately you have been getting very close to your goal and I know there are a lot of stresses in association with that even though it is a wonderful thing. If you just started strength training that is definitely going to throw the scale for a loop, but it is going to be wonderful for the shape and composition of your body. Muscle also burns more calories at rest than fat.

Depending how much you are working out I would personally start focusing less on the scale and more on my measurements at this point. Losing inches is a wonderful thing!

But I need to ask. What does your goal look like to you? Is it getting into a size of clothing? Is is slimming down certain aspects of your body? Why are you not ready to stop and maintain?

Last edited by Renwomin; 06-06-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Renwomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 01:05 PM   #3  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Clothing size is one. I'm barely a 10 right now and I'd like to be a solid 10, with some vanity 8s. But the bigger item, probably more important is that I still have a double belly which limits some clothing styles and just makes me insecure. I think 10lbs should make it acceptable, but it may take more. I also want to be in my "ideal" weight range for my height. I know that one is kinda stupid, but I just will feel like I didn't complete this journey if I don't make it there.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote