Old 06-04-2010, 10:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/175/140

Height: 5'6

Default Deciding on a video

Does anyone else have trouble finding one video they can stick to? I've downloaded all the JillianM ones and now i've downloaded all the POWER 90, chatalein(sp) and slim in 6...etc.. i just have a hard time sticking to one! Or finding one i can really just sink into.

Did anyone have this trouble to start with?

What video did you find the easiest to ease into and use every day?
luciddepths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:54 AM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

To be honest, all those are too advanced for me. I couldn't stick with that level even if I wanted to! I can't do a big leap like that and need to step it up a bit at a time. Though I did pick a mess of Jillian up at Ross for quite cheap for when I'm there.

Try cruising www.collagevideo.com and see the clips and level ratings. I find the level ratings more or less spot on.

I think if you try to figure out where you level is, then you can stick with it for a while and figure out how to build up from there.

I started with Kim Lyons to start me out and keep using it with heavier weights.

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...up-series-5742

And Ellen Barrett to move into.

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...sion-flow-5788

Now that I've been here for 12 weeks, I'm shopping for more beginner/intermediate stuff

http://www.collagevideo.com/searchre...h=shapely+girl

and intermediate to be ready to take the next step.

http://www.collagevideo.com/searchre...&search=coffey

I don't like complex choreography and I do like weights but I'm sure you can find something to fit your personality and style.

HTH!
A.

Last edited by astrophe; 06-04-2010 at 10:55 AM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:13 AM   #3  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

You know how some women collect shoes? Well I collect workout videos. I have around 400. I've never been able to stick to one workout for any length of time, and I don't feel that's a good idea for me. I like being able to change styles, levels, and techniques, I feel it keeps my body guessing and ultimately give me a better workout. Admittedly, I don't do them all all the time, but as Astrophe said, some are too advanced right now, and some I only want to do on the rare occasion, and some I buy and just don't like, so I trade those with others that share my obsession, or just sell them. I like to change my style of workout often, such as some periods of 'heavy weights with low reps" vs. "a kazillion reps with very light weights'

While I do see the advantages of doing the same workout over and over so you can see how your body is progressing, I've never been able to stick to that method for long.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 02:04 AM   #4  

I getcha ladies, thank you!

I did the 30 day shred.. i think ill stick with her for now i like her style.. she isnt too "intense" or obsessive sounding..I'm gonna still check out a few of your links! thanks for the info!!
Old 06-05-2010, 01:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 208.6/185/160

Height: 5'7"

I'm so glad you asked that question! I don't feel so bad now. I have the same issues. I can't seem to stick to a program and am always shopping for more to try. I don't have quite 400 but I do have a lot I have Power 90 and P()X as well as Chalean Xtreme and countless other videos. While I enjoy many of them I just can't seem to commit to seeing through an entire cycle. Maybe I'll dig out my 30 day Shred and have a go at that again. It's only for a month right...lol
Hlthgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:08 PM   #6  

amen to that... i think ill try the 30 day shred then do each level then maybe go to the other ones
Old 06-06-2010, 07:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 208.6/185/160

I've made a few changes. I made mini goals instead of focusing on the big goal. And of course the longer the program the less likely I am to see it through. That's why I think 30 days is good for me lol. Keep posting about your 30 days and let me know how it's going!
Hlthgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 04:00 PM   #8  

Actually it is really good to mix it up because it causes your musclse to work harder and get you into shape faster

I usually make a monthly calander of workouts, 3 weeks the same workouts on the same days, then a "recovery" week with shorter workouts and slower pace. You can plan a month with you're favorite workouts from each series (3-6 days a week) and see if it helps you stick with exercising.

Best wishes

Last edited by glowchick; 06-12-2010 at 04:01 PM.
glowchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 04:26 PM   #9  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

I get really bored of the 30ds every day. I bought the biggest loser Cardio Max and really enjoy alternating between the two.

Good luck, though!
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:00 AM   #10  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I have several Jillian Michaels' DVDs and The Biggest Loser DVDs that I cycle through and I ♥ them
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 03:42 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/161/145

I need balance and discipline, rules work well. You should probably do that too. Such as P90x or Insanity, 30 day Shred I think was mentioned etc. Select a video and decide to commit to it for x amount of time. Mark your calendar, plan in advance, like a To Do list. On Mondays, do this, Tuesdays this, etc. Then switch it around. Personally for me, going to the gym actually works best because I struggle to get motivated to go in front of the TV, however if I plan that I am waking up early and going to the gym before work, or pack my bag and plan on going after work, well I have nothing else to do but workout once I get there! Good luck in figuring it all out.
jenlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:18 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 330+(?)/330(?)/160

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by luciddepths View Post
Does anyone else have trouble finding one video they can stick to? I've downloaded all the JillianM ones and now i've downloaded all the POWER 90, chatalein(sp) and slim in 6...etc.. i just have a hard time sticking to one! Or finding one i can really just sink into.

Did anyone have this trouble to start with?

What video did you find the easiest to ease into and use every day?

@luciddepths --- Hey, can you send me a PM or email ([email protected]) letting me know where I can download all these workouts that you have? I want to try them all and see what works best for me. BUT, I've been out of work for a long time and can't afford to purchase even HALF of them.

Thanks for reading! Good Luck to everyone on their journey!

~ Stephers
nappturallystephers is offline   Reply With Quote