Old 06-01-2010, 09:47 AM   #1  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Default G2010: Fighting for the Right to be Who I am.

Hi ladies! Here's the next challenge. It runs from today June 1st to July 4th. This will take us to the halfway point for the year, so lets make this month count!

Weigh ins:
June 6th
June 13th
June 20th
June 27th
July 4th

Last edited by sprklemajik; 06-01-2010 at 10:15 AM.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:08 AM   #2  

So- I weighed in this morning as my restart on healthy eating and exercise.

215.5 - somehow I've managed to lose weight this past challenge (amazingly) with all the chaos going on, It was only 3.5 lbs in 2 months, but I'll count any as a victory.

I never got around to answering my own questions, so here goes:

I started the beginning of the year at 218, so I've not lost hardly any weight these 5 months. In some ways, being on the road every other weekend, in some ways I'm glad I wasn't gaining. In the past 5 months, I've been good at changing my stress eating habits. I've created a snack cabinet with healthy snacks, so I'm not digging through my husband's higher calorie foods when I feel the need to stuff my face so that if I eat when I'm not hungry it's less than 100 calories. The thing I've done terrible about is counting calories. I'll count for 2 days, then stop for a day, then a day on, 3 days off, etc. It's impossible to be a calorie counter when no one is counting calories. There's an easy way to solve this - just start counting again and committ to doing it every day. So I'm back on plan today. 1500 calories or less daily.

Goals for this challenge:
CW: 215.5
GW: 208
*1500 calories or under daily.
* 30 minutes of exercise 4 days/week
*log my calories every day

Last edited by sprklemajik; 06-01-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:16 AM   #3  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

I'm in. I didn't make my goal for the last challenge, but it was a long shot anyway. I did do very well, however.

I am keeping the weight goal at 199.4 (to make it an even 5 pounds to lose), but adding goals to log my food everyday, (I have fallen off lately) and also exercise at least 5 days a week, injuries permitting.

Last edited by knobhdy; 06-01-2010 at 02:52 PM.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:43 PM   #4  

knohbody- sorry to be a PITA but it's 5 lbs to get from 204 to 199 (but it's still very doable!)

I've been running around like a loon and unpacking all the crazy stuff left in my house. I've got to be like 90% done now. Thank goodness. I'm going to hit 30 mins or an hour (if I'm feeling froggy) on the stationary bike this afternoon. I've got a bit of errands to run (plus I've got to pick up a copy of Alice in Wonderland-I'm dying to watch it). Catch you all later!
Old 06-01-2010, 02:54 PM   #5  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

yeah Sprklemajik, I noticed that. What can I say? "Math's hard; lets go shopping."
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:51 PM   #6  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

alright I am ready and rarin to go. What my goal will be depends on where I level out at. Any way I am looking forward to get back into the swing of things. I know I need it now more then ever.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:17 PM   #7  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 207/**ticker**/129

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hey ladies, I would love to join this challenge w/all of you. I really really believe that I am addicted to these challenges. They're such a wonderful source of motivation. Good luck everyone

SW- 161.4
GW- 149.0

Weigh ins:

June 6th- 159.8
June 13th-
June 20th-
June 27th-
July 4th-

Last edited by Hopeful8; 06-12-2010 at 10:32 AM.
Hopeful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:54 PM   #8  
Ready! Set! GO!

S/C/G: 218.8/196.4/143

Height: 5'7"

Alright! I'm ready for the new challenge. I didn't answer the last questions either, so here goes:

Loss so far: Let me start by saying that I was doing really well and then I went out of town for a month, so I've only lost 6.8 pounds total, when if I had kept up, I would have lost over 20. But I can't be sad, I can just start over.

Success: I have fallen off the wagon, so I don't consider what I've done or what I've been doing to be success. Ask me again in a few months and I might have a different answer!

Failed at: Well, I've failed at sticking to a program! I've been on and off again this whole time. I don't know what it's going to take for me to realize that I need to do this for my health!

I'll correct for my struggle by finally committing to getting this weight off and keeping it off. No more yoyo dieting here!!!! I'm also going to start working out on a regular basis and that will help a lot too.

My goals for this challenge are: Drinking my water! I was doing really well and then just stopped. I need to get back to at least a gallon a day.
I got the Mayo Clinic Diet book and journal and I'm starting that plan on June 6. It basically tells you how to adopt habits that can change your lifestyle. No more fad diets!!!!
I'm going to start my day with a walk. Every day!!!! It seems to rev me up for the entire day and helps me stay on track. Plus, it's not so hot early in the morning!
Use my food journal every day.
Start ChaLean Extreme and actually do it!!! I spent all that money for it and it's just sitting on my mantle. I've got to start it!

I know I have the tools to do this, I just have to buck up and get it done. I'm so glad I have all you ladies for support. Sorry about the LOOOONG post.
dandimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:09 PM   #9  

Good evening everyone.

Mrsaugie- Hey there, welcome back in. Hope the little one is doing well.

Dandiemae-I understand. I've committed to staying on plan again as well. I have really struggled with consistency.

Hopeful8-Welcome! We love to have new folks around.

So for my committments- I've counted my calories on the last two days, but haven't been on with my calories. I've been really hungry. Yesterday I ate 1800 cal and 2200 cal today. Today was a fail because of the anniversary dinner DH planned at our favorite Italian restaurant. It's so cute, and it's in the town where we we're first dating (swoon). He was such a sweetie today. It's been tough so far, but I'm working on my menus to bring it lower. Try again tomorrow.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:20 AM   #10  
Ready! Set! GO!

Hopeful8! Even though this board is a lot quieter now than it was at the beginning of the year, those of us left are here for ya!

Today has been great! I had my first workout session with my personal trainer, and it went ok. She did all my measurements (DEPRESSING!) and a strength test and then just a couple of moves. It was nice and it made me realize just how out of shape i am. Boo. But I'm starting a real workout program and I'm excited to do so.

Took the hubs to work today cause we're down to one car for a week or so and he's a Chick-fil-a addict. Every morning he stops for breakfast and I usually get a burrito with him. They're SO good. This morning though, I said no. I just got a coffee and he got his burrito. It was hard, but I did it. I ate McGanns Steel Cut Oats and fruit salad for breakfast. My body might go into shock because I'm putting good food into it. Hope everyone else is doing great!

Sprkle, congrats on 90% moved in! That's so amazing. It seems like it takes me forever to unpack.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:47 AM   #11  
In it for the long run

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone, I'd like to join if it's not too late!

SW: 175.4
CW: 174.6
GW: 167.4

I participated in these challenges a year ago, and we had to pm our weigh-ins to someone, do we still have to do that?

A little about me:
I am a zookeeper and absolutely LOVE animals. My work is basically all physical labor, therefore work is my exercise. I have a GoWear Fit, and I burn anywhere from 2800-3200 calories a day on work days. However, I've been losing very slowly lately because I have a problem of over eating at dinner. I've been improving lately though and the scale has started moving again.

Have a great day everyone!
zoochick777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:09 PM   #12  
Ready! Set! GO!

Hey Zoochick777, we're not pming our weigh ins anymore. It's easier to just put them in our signature. And we're happy to have you join us! The more the merrier. We had another lady here that worked in a zoo too, but she hasn't been on in a while.

I've been contemplating buying a GoWearFit, but haven't done it yet...what do you think about it? Is it worth the money?
Old 06-05-2010, 10:27 AM   #13  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

Alright I think I am leveling out at 215 that is where I have been the last couple of times I have WI. For the rest of the challenge I am going have a goal of getting back into a routine for exercise the eating and water intake are still good I just have to get back into the exercise thing again. I am hoping to try in the morning before the house gets going since Virginia wakes up around 5 anyway to eat.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:30 PM   #14  
In it for the long run

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Dandimae: I love my GoWear Fit. It really helped me to know exactly how many calories I was burning per day, especially when I started my new job. I haven't been wearing it lately though because I'm trying to prevent getting a tan line since I'm planning on wearing a dress to my reunion.
zoochick777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:52 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone

Of course I'm in!

My goals:
SW: 269
GW: 258

*Eating out only once per week and making better choices for that once per week meal.
*1300 calories per day but no more than 1500
*30 minutes of walking or continuous activity per day every day.
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote