Old 06-03-2010, 05:25 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2"

Default Thinking of changing it up for Summer???

Hi everyone -

Since I worked in the pub. school, we are out for the summer. I am home with my boys (ages 11 & 15) while my husband is at work. Both boys are very active with friends, activities, etc and I am nervous about being at home around the food.

I have been very diligent about points, but am thinking of switching it up for summer. I have never been a big fruit eater just because at work I never had time to peel, cut and eat (and I hate bananas). But now that I am home, I am thinking of making them a real staple (ie: berries, melons, etc.). I would then make sure I got my milk and protein in.

Would fruits help keep me full????
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 08:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

I think it will depend on the type of fruit you eat. I know when I eat watermelon, I get hungrier faster than if I eat an apple. I think the key is that you need to make sure that you eat fruit that is high in fiber.

I copied these stats from the Mayo Clinic website - hopefully they will help you out!

Raspberries 1 cup 8.0 g fiber
Pear, with skin 1 medium 5.5 g fiber
Apple, with skin 1 medium 4.4 g fiber
Strawberries (halves) 1 1/4 cup 3.8 g fiber
Banana 1 medium 3.1 g fiber
Orange 1 medium 3.1 g fiber
Figs, dried 2 medium 1.6 g fiber
Raisins 2 tablespoons 1.0 g fiber
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote