Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-04-2010, 10:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 171/165/145

Height: 5'3

Unhappy UGHHHHH getting discouraged

about 2 days ago i weigh myself and it was at a wonderful 168 from 171 i was happy hard work was starting to pay off. BUT this morning i weigh myself and it was at 170!!! how!!!

I tryed to recall my caloires from yesterday but i was fine under 1,200 could that really be my weigh how did it go up. uggh 2 weeks and still nothing i just wanna quit

loveit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:40 AM   #2  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Sounds funny but try eating MORE. I you haven't lost anything yet, you might as well try. I you eating less than 1200 cals and exercise, you're kind of starving yourself.
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:43 AM   #3  

really? huh i didnt see it that way. my day is basicly a

brakfest : ensure shake 200 cals.
lunch:chicken breast with 10 wheat thins (250)
dinner: salad with dressing 1/2tsp. and a bit of piece s of chiken breast (300cals.)
Old 06-04-2010, 10:43 AM   #4  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

If it has only been two days, I doubt you have eaten an extra 7000 calories above what you body needs to function.

Most likely some other cause like pee, poo, too much sodium causing water retention, time of month, etc.

Stay on track, ride it out. These little ups and downs are common.

You might consider keeping a better food log on fitday or similar.

Any time I hit a bump like that I check the log to see if it is "for real" or just "fake" and it's usually sodium for me.

GL!

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 06-04-2010 at 10:59 AM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/125

Height: 5'

There's tons of people around here with stories of eating more and losing more. Seriously. I know it's weird, but the body is complex and wierd too. Try 1300 or 1400 calories. (There are also some who disagree, but 1300-1400 is not going to cause a weight gain, so why not try it? Plus, it may be more easy to stick to long term.)

But I seriously agree more with astrophe. 2 pounds is virtually meaningless because of the variables that go in to weight. Try not to get discouraged yet. You have to give it more time to see the definite downward trend!
Gold32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:03 AM   #6  

THANK YOU OMG OMG OMG TO THINK I WAS ABOUT TO START TO REALLY STAVE MY SELF. LOL LOL thanks ladys now i see what you mean of course when the body doesnt get to much to eat it thinks it starving and im excersing alot!! so i guess that makes it worse.

ok ok ok IM HERE IM FOCUS :BIKE:
Old 06-04-2010, 11:43 AM   #7  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

750 calories is no where near what you need to eat- never go below 1200 calories a day. Specially if you are working out- you are only making your body hold onto the fat more and if you continue to eat low calorie like this your body will "eat" your muscle before the fat because muscle burns fat and it thinks you have no food so it's trying to eliminate extra food burners. This is why a lot of anorexic people still look pudgy- because they have very little muscle left.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:55 AM   #8  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Good luck.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'4"

I was in the same boat just last week! I posted here and the advice given to me was excellent!. If your plan has been working up till now, I really wouldn't worry about it. The body really is a strange thing! Someone gave me the advice of drinking more water, and you know, it seemed to work! I've been losing ever since. Don't give up!
HoneyMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 03:41 PM   #10  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveit View Post
really? huh i didnt see it that way. my day is basicly a

brakfest : ensure shake 200 cals.
lunch:chicken breast with 10 wheat thins (250)
dinner: salad with dressing 1/2tsp. and a bit of piece s of chiken breast (300cals.)

I agree with whomever said you were eating too few calories. You have to eat enough to fuel your body. When I first started out, I was eating about 800-900 calories a day. I lost weight fast in the first couple months then my weight loss stalled. I started researching online, found 3FC and through all the wonderful and wise advice here, I realized my body was in starvation mode so I upped my calories and to date have lost 158.5 pounds. Good luck with your goals.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:20 PM   #11  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

hi, you need FOOOOOOOOD!!!! Lots more of it! Exciting food, food that makes you smile. An ensure shake doesn't sound that exciting

Maybe add another 100 cal to breakfast and add a few snacks of 150ish each? That should help things along. And , the more fiber/protein you have at breakfast, the less hungry in the afternoon.

Are you on a specific eating plan or counting calories??

Good luck; I know you can do it!!
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:18 AM   #12  

I agree with the other posters, you need more calories...
Your body thinks you are starving and will slow down your metabolic rate...
More food, and more variety.

All the best to you

Last edited by mojojojo; 06-06-2010 at 12:20 AM. Reason: incomplete message
mojojojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:01 AM   #13  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveit View Post
THANK YOU OMG OMG OMG TO THINK I WAS ABOUT TO START TO REALLY STAVE MY SELF. LOL LOL thanks ladys now i see what you mean of course when the body doesnt get to much to eat it thinks it starving and im excersing alot!! so i guess that makes it worse. :
I don't think you've gained two pounds because your body thinks you're starving it. No way. No how. You're very early in on the game. It just doesn't work that way. You've got fat stores and if for some reason you're taking in less calories than you need (the purpose of a weight LOSS program), the body will TURN to those fat stores and use it for the energy that you need and that's how you LOSE the fat and lose the pounds.

I would think those two pounds came from a normal to be expected fluctuation. The body is made up of close to 60% water and that swings drastically from day to day due to a slew of reasons including,, hormonal, activity level, foods eaten, weather, etc.

That being said, I personally don't think your food plan IS a sustainable one. You're barely eating! How long can you go on like that for? No, you need to eat - and eat well. Where's your fruits, veggies, proteins??? Where's some healthy snacks in between those meals? I urge you to rethink that menu of yours. That doesn't look very appealing and stick-able to. If you can't stick with it, you can't possibly lose the weight. You need to find something that is doable LONG TERM.

Breakfast can be egg white omlette with tons of sauteed veggies or some oatmeal with that omlette.

Lunch could be an enormous salad with grilled chicken strips. Or a veggie burger with LOTS of veggies, roasted and delicious. Or a vegetarian chili.

Dinner could be salmon baked with soy sauce, ginger, garlic and some SF apricot preserves with a baked sweet potato and a bowl of soup. Or a chicken/veggie stir fry.

Snacks can include no fat/no sugar yogurt, a box of grape tomatoes, cucumber salad, grapes, berries, etc. The list is endless.

Be creative. Delve. Find foods that are lower calorie AND delicious. Make this enjoyable - not something that you dread.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 06-06-2010 at 09:02 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote