Old 06-02-2010, 11:04 PM   #1  

Smile new to MRC

Hello everyone! I have been reading blogs on this site for a couple weeks and just now joined so now real sure how to do everything yet. I am 27 and have 50 pounds to lose. I joined MRC just over a week ago. I lost 5.5 after pre-conditioning and another 4 on my first weigh in. I am very happy with the results but know it will get harder when I start getting bored. I am on the meta plus beige menu and was wondering when and what will change once I get below 200 pds. What will the new menu be like? I really enjoyed the thread on recipes, those should help me not get BORED!!! Thanks in advance for any advice or answers you all have!!
jmt2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

Hi jmt2323,

We're about the same age with about the same amount of weight to lose!

When you get down to about 205, they'll probably transition you to 5oz of protein instead of 6. Then when you're at 200, you'll change to the green menu which is identical to beige except for two things:
1) 4 oz of protein instead of 6
2) Max of 4 HNS a day instead of 5

That's it, the foods you're allowed to eat stay the same, so mix it up and explore foods you never thought you'd like!
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:35 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalAug2010 View Post
Hi jmt2323,

When you get down to about 205, they'll probably transition you to 5oz of protein instead of 6. Then when you're at 200, you'll change to the green menu which is identical to beige except for two things:

That's it, the foods you're allowed to eat stay the same, so mix it up and explore foods you never thought you'd like!

Thanks that sounds like something I can do! My mom started with me and since she was under 200 she had one menu for 4 days then is on another for 5. I have spending too much time reading tonight I think, seeing threads on women not having their cycles anymore and losing/thinning hair. SCARY!! I have done low carb before (Atkins) and those didn't happen so hopefully I will be okay!!! Thanks for the response :-)
Old 06-03-2010, 01:55 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmt2323 View Post
Thanks that sounds like something I can do! My mom started with me and since she was under 200 she had one menu for 4 days then is on another for 5. I have spending too much time reading tonight I think, seeing threads on women not having their cycles anymore and losing/thinning hair. SCARY!! I have done low carb before (Atkins) and those didn't happen so hopefully I will be okay!!! Thanks for the response :-)
No problem! Yeah, I think if you're under 200 lbs they put you on a menu for the first couple days to ease you into it then you start on green.

I still have my cycle - on time like always - and have all my hair. In fact, it grows faster now thanks to all these vitamins!
Old 06-03-2010, 08:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
I've been on plan for 7 weeks and no weird side effects for me (just weight loss and energy! haha!). I take all the vitamins faithfully, especially the fish oil, b12, D, and multi.
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:25 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5

I think the hair loss thing was mentioned as a possible side effect from being on a low fat diet but they said if you keep up on your EFAs you shouldn't have that problem. If it was a pretty common side effect everyone would be talking about it.

The cycle part I think is just everyone is different some women it helps them return to a normal cycle. My weight has made mine abnormal so hopefully with the help of the program I'll get to a normal one.

Just keep in mind if you are having a problem with a feel or something else post it and someone else will have some help for you.
Mary1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:03 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalAug2010 View Post
Hi jmt2323,

I was wondering.. before you got below 200 (by the way Congrats) did you always drink yours 5 HNS drinks everday. I have mostly had 3/4 a day but wondered if you thought that helped the weight come off faster.! Thanks!
Old 06-04-2010, 12:25 AM   #8  

Quote:
I was wondering.. before you got below 200 (by the way Congrats) did you always drink yours 5 HNS drinks everday. I have mostly had 3/4 a day but wondered if you thought that helped the weight come off faster.! Thanks!
Yes, I did 5 every day and never ate deliberately off plan. I did eat out at restaurants a couple times, but took carb/fat blocker and ate really really close to on plan.

I do think the HNS's help, I find when I max them out, I do better. Also, drinking above 64 oz is really important.

Week 1 for me started on Feb 13 and I was down to 200lbs on April 10th. So it took me 8 weeks to lose about 20 lbs. I've been averaging pretty consistently 9-11lbs a month, but the last two months have had 2 really good weight loss weeks and then 2 pretty pathetic plateau/low loss kind of weeks. The first time that happened i was SOO frustrated seeing the scale stay the same everyday, but the month average is the same, so I guess it's just how my body is working. Hope that helps for your expectations!
Old 06-11-2010, 03:38 PM   #9  

how normal is hair loss and no cycle?
i know someone who is on MRC and having dramatic hair loss and no cycle for about 6 months...
bc2010 is offline   Reply With Quote