The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 10-20-2009, 03:56 PM   #1  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

Smile Jillian's New Show — Losing It With Jillian!

I subscribe to Jillians Michaels website so i get daily emails in my inbox, and just found out that today they announced Jillian's new show! i'm really excited about it. sounds great!! I love Jillian's no nonsense straight up straight forward advice! I love listening to her podcasts, I have learnt so much!

Quote:
NBC PARTNERS WITH HEALTH AND WELLNESS EXPERT JILLIAN MICHAELS TO RID FAMILIES OF THEIR EXCUSES AND EMPOWER THEM TO TRANSFORM THEIR LIVES IN A NEW LIFE-CHANGING SERIES 'LOSING IT WITH JILLIAN' 

From Reveille, the Producers of "The Biggest Loser," Executive Producers Michaels and Giancarlo Chersich (Empowered Media) and Executive Producer Ellen Rakieten ("Oprah," NBC's "The Marriage Ref"), Series to Also Feature Celebrity Chef Curtis Stone    (i like him! he's a hotty hehe)   

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. - October 20, 2009 - NBC has partnered with popular health and wellness expert Jillian Michaels ("The Biggest Loser") and Giancarlo Chersich (Empowered Media) along with "The Biggest Loser" producers Mark Koops and Howard T. Owens of Reveille and former "Oprah" executive producer Ellen Rakieten for a riveting new life-changing alternative series "Losing It With Jillian." 

In the series, Michaels invades a different family every week to give them her own characteristic brand of tough love. She will get to the bottom of the issues each family member faces — ones that affect their health and happiness — and will arm them with the tools necessary to make life-altering changes. 

The series will also feature celebrity chef Curtis Stone who will enhance Michaels' efforts by ridding the family's kitchen of all unhealthy foods and educating them on proper nutrition, healthy ingredients, cooking tips and recipes. 

The announcement was made today by Paul Telegdy, Executive Vice President, Alternative Programming, NBC and Universal Media Studios.  

"Jillian is the world's leading lifestyle expert with a signature style all her own," said Telegdy. "Increasing numbers of families seem to need a motivational boost, and we know that Jillian is an awesome force of nature who will help them transform their lives from the inside out." 

Michaels added, "When your health is out of balance everything else suffers — finances, relationships, work and family dynamics. I'm moving in with families across the country, getting down and dirty and rooting out bad habits in every corner of their lives that are preventing them from health and happiness. Get ready America because I'm heading out and you never know, I might just end up on your doorstep so watch out!" 

"It's time for Americans to stop making excuses for being unhealthy and take back their lives. Jillian is going to show them exactly how to do just that starting in their own homes," said executive producer Mark Koops "This is a natural addition to the Reveille brand of powerful, inspirational series."  

"I love the idea of Jillian crisscrossing America to actually move in with families in desperate need of her tough love wake up call. It's the knock on your door that could save your life," said executive producer Ellen Rakieten. 

The eight-episode series for 2010 will feature Michaels, the renowned fitness trainer and wellness expert, as she helps unhealthy families to move off their collective couches and put their lives back on more rewarding tracks while Chef Stone helps with proper nutrition.  

Michaels' dramatic confrontations will produce inspirational results and ultimately, through her tough love approach, she'll help these families realize that they can finally take control of their lives and make a change for good.  

http://www.jillianmichaels.com/meet-...-new-show.aspx

Last edited by Echo; 10-20-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:01 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Interesting. This is probably why she dropped the KFI show.

The cynic in me wonders if she'll be putting them all on her new "fat burner" supplements, which I still can't get past...I lost a lot of respect for her when she made that move. She's clearly working on building her brand, which is good for her, I suppose.

I hope she moves her show beyond money making and marketing and into something truly helpful.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:35 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Yeah I follow her on FB and she made a post about the show yesterday.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:05 PM   #4  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Interesting! I will definitely be watching an episode or two when it comes out! I really hope she doesn't try to push her darn 'diet pills' on her show though.....
Old 10-20-2009, 05:18 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Here's the link she posted on FB when she posted about her new show

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/10/jilli...ng-it-nbc.html
Old 11-11-2009, 10:39 AM   #6  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

yah i hope the thing won't be a big commercial for her products, or for ziploc steamer bags or trident gum LOL enough with the selling!! More importantly, I hope she's just a hard-a$$ and gets them off the couch and eating better, and leaves the deep emotional counselling out of it -- i find that embarassing and hard to watch she's such a phony at it!
Old 11-14-2009, 05:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi Echo,

How can I get her podcasts? I know she had a radio show, but I don't know if that is the same thing?

Jenn
Old 11-14-2009, 08:59 PM   #8  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

Hi Jenn.

you can download the podcasts as follows:

follow these instructions:
also use internet explorer. for some reason fox doesnt let me save the mp3s!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantRockinArms View Post
Mediafly has all the shows going back to 2006.

How to do it:
Do a Google search for Mediafly, click on link to Mediafly webpage and type Jillian Michaels in the search field. In the search result, click on KFI Sunday icon, this will take you to all the Sunday shows on KFI. About 1/4 of the page down, there will be a light purple bar that indicates the dates of the shows.

Click on the double arrow on the left that will take you as far back as 2006. Scroll to the Jillian shows and click download to download the MP3. Continue to click on the boxes to take you thru the timelines. .
To Sync to iTunes go to http://www.mediafly.com/digitallifestyle
If you are using a Mac click on the green RSS option

If you are using a PC I suggest the SyncClient application (but you could also use the RSS option)
Old 11-14-2009, 11:44 PM   #9  
GO RED TEAM!!!!!!!

Height: 5"8

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
Interesting. This is probably why she dropped the KFI show.

The cynic in me wonders if she'll be putting them all on her new "fat burner" supplements, which I still can't get past...I lost a lot of respect for her when she made that move. She's clearly working on building her brand, which is good for her, I suppose.

I hope she moves her show beyond money making and marketing and into something truly helpful.
Yeah, I am a cynic about her new show and was wondering was it just a big commerical for her supplement line. I thought her show on KFI rocked and she really was helped people but with all this supplement crap now, I am wary of anything she is selling. She was suppose to be against ziploc and trident but still did those ads. You can't say you're against something and still hawk the products, it doesn't mesh. She is a great trainer and I love her on TBL but I feel she has lost her way. I won't be watching her new show.

Last edited by IgetfitNStrongforme; 11-14-2009 at 11:46 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:56 PM   #10  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

OH i can't wait for her new show... I haven't looked into her supplements yet but I will ignore that. Even if you were into supplements, I am sure you could get them half price without her name on it.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:17 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

I am excited about her new show. A lot of families will benefit from it. But I was disappointed in the supplements she's hawking. I get it that she's building a brand and company and that needs to branch out and grow, but she needs to remember WHY everyday folks (like us) who need and want to lose weight started to follow her. I had never heard of her before BL. The public can close their purse strings and send her back to anonimity if she doesn't remember that.

She started as a no non-sense, just get moving and eat fresh whole natural foods. She's sometimes even asked people to look deep and find out why they eat the bad food when they do and how they gained the weight. What went on that got them to be overwieght and unhealthy.

Right now I have 3 of her dvd's 2 BL dvd's and 2 of her books. The dvd's are perfect for me and what I want from a workout, but will I buy a dvd of her's just because it's hers? NO. The 2 books, well they contain info that I need to finish tweeking my habit's and lifestyle. I know that she's coming out with a cookbook, will I buy it? Most likely not. She's an excellent trainer, as long as her workouts stay true to that and fit me and my needs, I'll buy what works for me.

Maybe I'm being too hard on her. But oh well there it is.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:54 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'5''

I love her supplements- I recently got the Fat Burner one. A lot of other supplement have junk in them but hers have only natural products. And there's nothing wrong with caffeine aiding in weight loss. I've actually dropped my coffee habit (and thus the pesticides!) and use her supplements instead as my morning boost. I will absolutely trust what she puts out. I was thankful to see her face on something in the store because I know I can trust it.

Also, more power to her. Nothing wrong with marketing oneself!
Old 11-18-2009, 03:21 PM   #13  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Michelle - just be careful with the fat burners. The term "all natural", first of all, is unregulated and therefore can be put on anything, regardless of the ingredients. And in the case of this supplement, one of the "all natural ingredients" is something that most consumer and phyician groups recommend people not take...bitter orange. It's one of the "Dirty Dozen supplement ingredients (see article here) and has been linked with adverse health effects. You can also read about it here, from the Mayo clinic site...and as much as I trusted Jillian before she came out with this supplement, I trust a respected medical establishment much more.

Not to mention, her supplement combines bitter orange with caffeine, which increases the risk of cardiac side effects (see NYT article here)

So please be cautious and wary of any cardiac symptoms!
Old 12-07-2009, 03:35 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 250/SeeTracker/150

Height: 5'2''

Jillian kind of irks me every episode... I know she's all about "tough love" but does she have any psych background? It concerns me on how many buttons she pushes on the show... shouldn't they have a regular psychologist on the BL?
Old 12-11-2009, 09:17 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 267/ticker/145

I think they should have a psych on staff at TbL too!!! i think that its inappropriate to make people sob during a work out when they are nearly crying form working out for 6 hours! And jillian seems to jus tpull up the s**tiest thing in their life and tell them to start working out again. excersize is not a substitute for counselling for traumatic experience.

That being said all the other stuff she does motivates me, andi'll check out her show. i also use her workout videos on demand for free (i <3 my cable).

I will say though that when i first saw her supplements i wanted to scream, because not too long before that they were talking abouit not using supplements on TBL and how that style of weight loss is not suggested.