Old 05-31-2010, 04:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Accountability, menu, exercersie, plans, etc - week of May 31

If you'd like a place to put down your daily plan, exercise, healthy living tasks, accountability etc...then here is the place. Please feel free to join right in.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 05:03 AM   #2  

Hi chicks...things are going on plan - always grateful for that. I got my stretches and strengthening in yesterday - that's good!

I got the birthday 'goodies' out of the house. No pie or other bakery nibbles for me. . I am always grateful for that.

I am leaving a day early to visit my DS, DIL and GS. GS has had the flu - I thought I could go and stay there and help out. DH will hold down the home front. I will be back on Friday. I am leaving by 6am - to avoid the Monday holiday traffic the best I can.

I started thinking of my food strategy a few days ago. I will use an alternative food plan - food exchanges. That is easier for me while away from home. I am bringing a bag of some of my staples and snacks. I'll try to hold on tight to what I know helps. Also - I am hoping for the willingness to try to do them.

I should be able to check in during the week - I hope daily. Everyone...have a GREAT week.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 05-31-2010 at 05:05 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 258/245.8/170

Height: 5'9"

Good morning, ladies! It's a new week & I hope it's a healthy one for everyone!

Beverlyjoy - have fun visiting your family this week & I hope your GS recovers from the flu quickly!

As for me, have a few plans for today, but mostly going to try to relax before having to go back to work tomorrow. So far, this weekend has been good - I've exercised hard & made good food choices. And I have good plans for today - want to end this weekend with a bang! In the past, a weekend like this (even if I were "dieting") would have been filled with binges & unhealthy choices, because, after all, it's a holiday weekend, right? But I'm happy & thankful that I've been able to continue being healthy

Breakfast
1/2 C. egg whites
steamed broccoli
1 slice American cheese
salsa

Lunch
large salad with a grilled pork chop
2 T. light dressing
fresh fruit salad

Snack
light string cheese

Supper
grilled hamburger
1/2 C. vegetarian baked beans
watermelon

Snack
Weight Watchers ice cream cone

Have a wonderful holiday, all! And remember the sacrifices of our country's finest!
mingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:09 AM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends!

Beverly - Be safe. Hope your GS is feeling better.
Mingle - So glad to hear that you're able to stay on-plan this weekend. It feels good, doesn't it?

Today is my weigh-in day. Down 5.6 for week 1. Eating the same menu each day really worked. This week, I'm sticking with my menu, but adding exercise and water. I'll drink 64 oz each day and walk for an hour each day. I'm hoping to start feeling that belly fat shrinking soon. My waist bands are uncomfortable.

No big plans for today. I just have a ton of cleaning to do. I may paint the dining room. I have all of the paint and rollers, etc, but just not sure that I want to take up my whole day with painting. We'll see.

Have a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 06:03 PM   #5  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! We had an awesome picnic yesterday!!! The weather was perfect and everyone had a great time. I ate a little more than I planned, but it was healthy stuff. Still not ok, but better than it could have been.

Today I have just been chillin w/ the dogs. My knee is horrible today (it's going to rain any minute, so I'm sure that's why)...I will ice soon...

Have a great night!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:20 AM   #6  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good morning!! I need to drink water water and MORE water today....I had a few low salt chips with dinner last night and ugh...talk about puffy fingers...it's ok though, water bottles are already chilling in the refrig!

Today is a cardio day at the gym. My clothes are packed and so is my healthy lunch.

Have a great OP day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:57 AM   #7  

Hi chicks - yesterday was a healthy day - so grateful for that. I got my water in and my stretches and strengthening exercises in yesterday before I left for my trip.

GS is feeling a bit better. I am so glad. We had a day of quiet play and lots of giggles.

I am babysitting GS today. We will still need to keep it low key,

mj - hope your knee is doing better...good job grabbing your water bottle for later.

rhonda - down 5.6 - YAY!!!! It's good to have those solid days 'under your belt', You can build on this. way to go

mingle = kudo's for such a healthy weekend and realizing you've made some changes from years before!

Shout out to anyone stopping by. Be kind to yourself - treat yourself as well as you'd treat a good friend.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 06-01-2010 at 05:58 AM.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:31 AM   #8  
Former Quitter

Good morning, Friends.

Today, I'm dragging quite a bit. I'm singing the same ole song...too little sleep. My husband signed us up for Netflix and we can get instant demand shows on the Wii. We've been watching an older series called Dead Zone. How did I miss this one when it first aired? It is quite good! But, I did opt to watch another episode instead of going to bed early. Not good. We also painted the dining room yesterday and we need to put on another coat today. My body is feeling the pain! I'm so out of shape. Time to do something about that.

Beverly - so glad that you are getting this one-on-one time with your grandson. You are creating wonderful memories!

MJ - Hope you enjoyed your day or relaxation with the fur babies. How's the knee today?

Have a great on-plan day.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello, all! Had a really nice weekend and now it's time to get down to serious weight losing business. It's so much easier in the summer and I need to take advantage of that! DH is home and settling in. His clock is 12 hours off, so will take him a bit to adjust. He did pretty well yesterday but I expect him to crash hard today.

Here's today so far:
B: oatmeal with strawberry-rhubarb sauce and fresh blueberries
S: mozzarella cheese stick
L: Big salad with goat cheese, dried cherries, and slivered almonds
S:??
D: DS is cooking Mexican for us for a school project. I'll make a taco salad out of whatever he makes for me and DH.

DH and I took a nice long and brisk walk this morning.

BeverlyJoy
, I'm so glad DGS is feeling better. Have a wonderful visit!
Rhonda, I LOVE your new picture! Congrats on the 5+ lbs.
mingle, I like your menu. It looks very healthy and delicious.
mj, I hope the knee is better today.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:44 PM   #10  

Good afternoon, ladies! Hope everyone's Tuesday is treating them well!

Girlygirl - congrats on your 5.6 pounds lost! That is awesome - keep it up! How does the Netflix thing through the Wii work? I saw a commercial for it this weekend & was intriqued! Is it still just the $9 (or whatever it is) montly fee? Do you just "rent" the movies through the Wii, which I'm assuming is hooked up to wireless internet?

mj5 - glad you had an enjoyable picnic. Hope your knee is feeling better & you have fun at the gym today!

Beverlyjoy - glad your grandson is feeling better. And that you are able to be there & spend time with him

Schmoodle - good for you for getting a walk in with your DH this morning!

As for me, having a good day so far. Food choices have been sane & I got my 50 minutes of HIIT on the elliptical this morning.

I know that right now I am in a honeymoon phase of sorts. I feel invincible! Certain that I will be able to do this! But I know that these sorts of feeling can change quickly. Tomorrow, I'll probably be in here whining about how I'll never be able to do this! But I'm riding this wave as far as it will take me! And one that will not waiver is my committment to this lifestyle & myself! There will be ups & downs, that is for certain, but I will not give up on myself

Breakfast
oatmeal
banana

Lunch
2 T. hummus
fresh cauliflower, broccoli & baby carrots
Smart Ones frozen dinner
apple
yogurt

Snack
yogurt

Supper
Don't know yet, but it will be left over stuff from grilling yesterday

Have a wonderful day, everyone!
Old 06-01-2010, 03:47 PM   #11  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone! What a great weekend! Didn't get anything done, really, but had a good time. A weekend at a baseball tournament is never a bad thing! I need to refocus on working out and eating right. Unfortunately, big weekends like this can take me off track. My fault!

Hope everyone has a good week!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:39 AM   #12  

Good morning, ladies

Slashnl - glad you had a good weekend & hope your week is fabulously healthy!

Yesterday was a healthy day, thankfully. Today will be a long one. Work all day & then I have some training at church tonight until 8:30pm. I'll have very little time to eat between work & going to church, so I need to plan a quick supper to bring along.

Got up this morning & did the Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout for 50 minutes. I SO did not want to do it, but I knew I wouldn't be able to do anything tonight, & decided I didn't want to break my workout streak, so got up anyway. Today was my 35th day in a row of exercise! 10 more days until I reach my second workout goal!

Breakfast
oatmeal
banana

Lunch
fresh cauliflower, broccoli & baby carrots
2 T. hummus
Smart Ones frozen dinner
apple
yogurt

Snack
yogurt

Supper
2 slices 45 calorie whole wheat bread
2 T. natural peanut butter
1 T. all fruit jelly
fresh fruit salad
light cheese stick

Snack
90 calorie high fiber granola bar
sugar free pudding cup

Hope everyone has a healthy day!!
Old 06-02-2010, 08:11 AM   #13  

Height: 5'7"

Im back...I stay focused better when I post here. I had a good month overall last month.
Today- scrambled eggs and squash( out of neighbors garden)
lunch- yogurt, turkey and a salad
dinner- grilled meat(?) and mushrooms and bell peppers and squash YUM!!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:48 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hey chicks! I just know today is gonna be a good day.
B: Brown rice pudding with blueberries
S: mozzarella cheese stick
L: big salad with goat cheese
S: skim iced latte
D: lean griller sausages, green salad, fresh pea salad

DH had an errand this morning, so I walked without him. We'll go to the pool this evening, so good for activity today.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:24 AM   #15  
Former Quitter

Good morning, Friends!
Schmoodle. I agree. It is gonna be a good day!
Diane, glad to hear that you had a great weekend.
Dgramie, welcome back to the fold.
Mingle - enjoy the honeymoon. They are truly fabulous. And, what's even more fabulous? You'll probably have more honeymoon phases! I typically have one about every 2 months when I've been on-plan for a while.

So far, I'm 100% on-plan with my food. I've stuck with last week's menu and I'm not feeling deprived. I'm not usually hungry, but I was feeling it a bit last evening. This morning, the scales dropped a pound. I'm watching to see if this is a trend. Today, I need to start really focusing on drinking more water and exercising. My goal is to drink 64 oz today and walk for an hour.

Mingle - regarding Netflix....it's $9 per month. This covers one mail rental at a time. It also covers on-demand movies and TV shows. The on-demand options aren't all of the newest movies, but it does include some. So far, I'm loving it!

Have a great on-plan day!