Old 06-01-2010, 02:15 PM   #1  
hot. like a curry.

S/C/G: 308/248/150ish

Height: 5'4"

Default operation beautiful

Hey chickies,

Dont' know how many of you may know about this, but I think it's one of the coolest things ever:

http://operationbeautiful.com/

It's about reminding ourselves that we're beautiful and worthwhile at every size and every shape. We can still strive to be healthy and drop the necessary pounds to get there, but keep our positive body images and self esteem intact along the way.

Totally gonna do this.

Happy Tuesday! xo
gloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:27 PM   #2  
Loser :-)

S/C/G: 273/251/175

Height: 5ft8

Love it, love it, love it!!! I am a firm believer in manifesting your own reality. We are our thoughts. Reality is 99% perception anyway. I can choose to believe I am a gross fat a** or a beautiful Goddess that is a work in progress.

Thank you so much for posting this!
Michelle98272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:09 PM   #3  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

yay! anything to encourage a little glamour! I say NO WAY to sweats or pajamas as suitable clothing going anywhere LOL i embrace real zippers! and hair brushes and make up and giving a CRAP! yayyyyyyyy
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:12 PM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the link
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:23 PM   #5  
Loser :-)

S/C/G: 273/251/175

Height: 5ft8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazey34 View Post
yay! anything to encourage a little glamour! I say NO WAY to sweats or pajamas as suitable clothing going anywhere LOL i embrace real zippers! and hair brushes and make up and giving a CRAP! yayyyyyyyy
So true, so true, Tracey! Giving a crap does matter. I used to laugh at my grandma when I was a teenager. She would "dress" to go to the grocery store and that always included putting on her nice clothes, shoes to match the handbag, hair done nicely and makeup that always included lipstick! She had grown up in the 1930's-1940's and was very conscious of glamour. "Grandma, Who do you think you are going to see at the store?!??"

Now as a 40 something adult, I understand her motivation. Why not put your best foot (or face!) forward when going out in public? My grandma would wear plain clothes or a "housecoat" when around the house but just as a child has play clothes and good clothes, she'd put on something clean, matching and stylish to be seen in public.

It is all too often I see people, who are often overweight-further stigmatizing themselves, wearing baggy sweat clothes, dirty hair pulled into a scraggly ponytail or worse! I once saw a lady at Wal-Mart wearing a housecoat and slippers. Ick.

I think we should all try to look our best when there is a chance that others might see us! I got pulled over once taking my daughter to school. We were running late, I just pulled on sweat pants to wear with my night shirt (didn't bother to put a bra on!) and was wearing my slippers. I got pulled over right in front of the pick up/drop off area and had to stand outside my car, looking like some slob...I should never have laughed at my grandma!!

WE are all beautiful for sure but taking time to look our best, because we are worth it, really matters!!
Michelle98272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #6  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I have a friend that refuses to wear makeup. She said "why try to make myself look better for a man. This is who God made me and he can deal with it." But, I don't wear makeup for anyone else. I wear it because it's fun, and girly and I like the way it makes me look. I like. Not anyone else.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:41 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

Just bookmarked this site...thanks!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: SW 255/220/155

Height: 5.5

LOVE it! Shared it already lol!
spaghetticat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 287/230.4/180?

Height: 5'9"

Love it!
ORSewmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:40 PM   #10  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

what a neat site and a neat lady that created the idea!!
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:24 PM   #11  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
I have a friend that refuses to wear makeup. She said "why try to make myself look better for a man. This is who God made me and he can deal with it." But, I don't wear makeup for anyone else. I wear it because it's fun, and girly and I like the way it makes me look. I like. Not anyone else.

I have very sensitive skin. It's only gotten worse over the years (I've finally given up on finding a makeup that I can wear every day). I have to use Head and Shoulders (as my only face and body soap and shampoo). I can't use any other scented bath products.

I wear makeup only for very special occasions. Mineral makeup seems to be the gentlest, but even so I have about a four hour window to get it off, before my skin starts to react - or it will start to itch, burn and then break out into a rash (at which point I'll have to use a steroid cream or the rash will become weeping, crusting open sores - yeah, real attractive). On a daily basis, I can wear lipstick, but that's it (as long as it doesn't contain beeswax which I'm allergic to). My lips don't need lipstick as much as I need a good foundation to cover all the redness in my face, but I've not found a product that I can keep on my face for more than a couple hours.

I have to admit that without makeup, it was hard for me to see the point in dressing my best (though I never went anywhere in pajamas - or anything sleeveless). It was something I had to get over. For the longest time I didn't care what I looked like, because I thought it couldn't possibly matter. Then recently I was able to fit into a "normal" pair of jeans (with belt loops, not an elastic waistband), and it was the beginning of my getting my "style" back.

I recently got my hair dyed and cut (really cute, deep auburn with blonde highlights), and while I feel much better - it still makes it even more irksome that I can't wear makeup.

I've been being extra careful with my skin routine, because I want to look good for my SIL's wedding on the 12th.. I'll wear makeup, and I'm looking forward to it, though I already know that my skin will be itching and burning by Sunday. I should be able to prevent the rash if I wash off the makeup as soon as I get home (I'm even packing my Head and Shoulders so I can wash it off at MIL's home if necessary).

Yes appearance matters, but I do wish so much didn't ride on it. I know that no matter what I wear on a daily basis, when people look at me, they see "too lazy too put on makeup," or "doesn't have enough self-respect to wear makeup," not "has sensitive skin and can't wear makeup."
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:05 PM   #12  
account abandoned

This website is awesome!

I was reading through the blog posts and I came across with the statistics: The average age of a girl to go on her first diet is 8 years old.

Honestly, this just makes me want to cry! A 8 year old girl should be enjoying her childhood and being carefree, not worry about her own body image. There's too much bad role models. Young girls look up to catwalk models and Victoria Beckham, who are size 0. They are sending out the wrong message to young girls.

I will admit this: I was the same age when I went on a diet. However, my reasons were different from the typical young girl today. My mother was on a diet so I wanted to copy her. I was a little chubby and I wanted to fit into nice clothes so I asked my mother to help me. She didn't put me on a strict diet. She just made sure that I ate plenty of fruit and vegetables and that I was participating in physical activities with friends. I didn't lose much weight but the main thing was, I was healthy and happy.
Bazz Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:23 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 252/235.6/150

Height: 5'5

This is an amazing website, thanks you so much for the link!
ubercast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:46 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 270/208.6/165 (HW285)

Height: 6'

Kaplods~ I saw this on the operation beautiful website. "The point is that WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL. You are enough... just the way you are!"
I don't think women need to wear make-up to be beautiful.

I think it is more about putting your best foot forward and feeling good about it and yourself. Whether that means styling your hair or putting on make-up or wearing shoes that match your purse or all of the above or something else entirely, do what makes you feel beautiful because you are beautiful. Feel good about yourself!
mkyice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:56 PM   #15  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

I love it. gonna sign up tomorrow when I have more time.
tkglenn is offline   Reply With Quote