View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 11:52 AM   #14
MercuryVaporKitten
Started IP 5/31/10

S/C/G: 241.8/223.0/150

Height: 5'10"

Default New to the site!

Hi everyone! I'm brandy-new to the site, and just started the Ideal Protein program on Sunday. I'm already down 4 lbs, so I'm definetly encouraged! I purged my apartment of any and all crave-able items before I started so I can't cheat. I didn't realize just how much I was eating (and mostly carb heavy stuff, too) until I started this program. Now I'm finding myself longing for something cheesey, or crunchy, or sweet and gooey! I've been drinking extra water (besides the required amount) and using the 4C Totally Light packets which helps curb the cravings a bit. I'm wondering if anyone else has gone through the same "carb withdrawl" that I'm going through, and how you've handled it. I've yo-yo'ed for years now. My heaviest was 268 when I was 17, got down to 205 between my own dieting and Weight Watchers (which I won't go back to for various reasons), hit a plateau at 205 and was there for about 5 years. I wasn't super happy about being "stuck", but I was ok with it. Then this past Thanksgiving-Christmas I lost it and ate just about everything in sight, plus a few medication changes later I found myself back around 240 and sad. I know quite a few people who are on or have done the IP program and have had nothing but amazing results. I want to give it a go, I figure I've got nothing to lose but the weight! I know I'll find the encouragement I need to keep going through this community. Any of the posts that I've read are awesome and super encouraging. Thanks for reading, and again, any words of wisom for phase I of IP would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!
MercuryVaporKitten is offline   Reply With Quote