Old 05-31-2010, 11:35 AM   #1  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Talking 30 day ON PLAN thread!!!

This is a thread for Matt (and me) and ANYONE ELSE who is COMMITTED to staying ON PLAN for the next 30 days. I don't plan on weighing PERIOD but one can way every day and post it along with their food, drink, exercise. Thoughts about staying on plan... hardships etc.

Are ya with me?
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:38 AM   #2  
NEVER EVER going back

So I weighed yesterday morning and I was 202.2. I've been riding the 200 pound edge FOR SO LONG that it does not surprise me. It was my birthday on Friday and there was a cupcake along with a pizza dinner and then roast beast with all the trimmings last night.

I'm NOT WEIGHING for this month but am going to try various things to shake up my plateau. A weekly fruit and veggie feast. Calorie shifting.

Food so far today?

extra large banana
1T peanut butter
full fat yogurt...

will update as the day goes!
Old 05-31-2010, 12:00 PM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Tammy, I'll join you and everyone else who wants to make an extra effort to be committed for the next 30 days.

As of today, I have been back on-plan for 1 week. I'm doing really well and feel fairly confident, however, this is about the point where I usually start faltering. I don't want that to happen again! Last week, I created a 1500 calorie menu that I followed for the whole week. This has made staying on-plan as easy as possible for myself as I don't have to think about what I'm going to eat. I can somewhat put myself on auto-pilot. Here is my menu:

Breakfast - Smoothie of chocolate whey protein, soy milk, banana and ground flax
Snack - Apple with natural peanut butter
Lunch - Salad of spring lettuce mix, edamame and low fat dressing
Snack - Small sweet potato with 2tsp of Smart Balance.
Dinner - Morningstar burger or chicken patty with 2 cups of either steamed veggies or sauteed veggies.
Snack - Cottage cheese with Blueberry preserves.

The only problem is that I didn't always eat everything on the menu and, therefore, did not reach my 1500 calories. I'm thinking that this might slow down my weight loss, so I need to be extra careful not to eat too little this week. BTW, I am staying with this menu for the upcoming week. My food is yummy and it works....if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Right? I'll be adding an hour of walking each day and drinking 64 oz of water each day.

Rock on, Friends!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 05-31-2010 at 12:02 PM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 12:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 374/ticker/size 12

Height: 5'8"

I'm in! I will be back at DD's naptime to write more... but this will be great due to the 4th of July challenge also to really help. Also, I am challenging DH to a weight loss thing by the 4th too.
He chose 20 pounds and I chose 17.7 pounds and if we meet our goals we get $50 cash each.
oneLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 374/ticker/size 12

Height: 5'8"

Ok, I am back. Obviously I am still fairly new at this stuff and have LOTS to lose so I am taking it slow. I am also nursing a baby so I can't lose too fast and cut calories as much as if I wasn't nursing.
I keep my calories at 2000-2800 a day. That seems like a lot to some I am sure but Sparkpeople estimates I need 1850-2250 a day and I added on extra for nursing and so far this amt is working and keeping me from binging. I weigh in on Fridays and Sundays. I eat freely on the weekend (no counting calories) but I only allow myself to eat freely if I feel like I am in control and no eating after 6 or 7 whichever is dinner that night. If I feel out of control the next weekend I count calories too. So far I have been happy with my control on the weekends.

I have been walking now for like 9 weeks. I have been consistent and being consistent is the best thing. You see results! You don't see them in a day but when you can look back over a month and see how far you have walked or how much you lost its awesome. 2 pounds a week doesn't seem like a lot but 8 pounds after a month is cool!
oneLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:20 PM   #6  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I'm in. I am trying to get into a size 9 before going home to Florida for vacation. We leave July 13. I am currently in what would be an 11.5 if such a size existed. Hubby is a major math geek and is always doing all kinds of things with my numbers and he says I need to get to 152ish to look good (in my opinion - he wants me to be clear to everyone that he does, always has, and always will think I look good) in my pink and charcoal size 9 capris that I want to arrive at my father's house in. I am 167.5 today, so I need to lose about 15.5 pounds by July 13. I'm all for anything that will help me do that.

My current plan is to eat 1650 and burn 2650. After I'm done with work for the summer (June 8), I plan to up my calories in a little and up my calories out a LOT in order to do a bootcamp type thing on myself.

My food today:
Breakfast: low carb yogurt, 1 serving eggbeater with FF cheese, 8 oz. organic vanilla soymilk, 1 cranbran vitatop - 345 cal.
Snack: Mixed veggie chips from whole foods - 135 cal.
Lunch: 4.7 oz. Pork tenderloin, 1/2 cup boiled red wheat, 1/2 cup mixed veggies (steamed), 1/2 plantain (baked) - 402 cal.
Dinner: 1 shish kebab and 1/2 a japanese sweet potato - 577 cal.
Snack: Angel Food cake and milk - 210
Cal. total: 1669

It was a great, on plan day. Day 1 down.

Last edited by FitGirlyGirl; 05-31-2010 at 10:35 PM.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:22 PM   #7  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

OK, I've managed 8 days on plan (this time) so I will commit to 30 from scratch from today on.
Today I ate:
Breakfast: Bacon and mushrooms
Lunch: Deli meat and cheese salad
Snack: Cream cheese and ham rolls
Dinner will be: Home made burgers and veg.

I'm following Neris and India's Idiot Proof Diet, also known as Pig2Twig.
I've lost 7lbs, my skin, joints, digestion and mood have improved.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:46 PM   #8  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

My challenge is that I'm going to be on travel for 10 days of June in the Lower 48. I'm going to be in Las Vegas and Chicago - on travel it is so easy to fall off plan!

I'm going to use this thread to help keep me accountable and hopefully also get me to the Onederland whistle-stop!

Today: bike ride planned, looking for 15-18 miles, plus some abs work and stretching. Have lots of good greens for a chef salad later on, but not yet sure what I'm doing for protein.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:46 PM   #9  
hot. like a curry.

S/C/G: 308/248/150ish

Height: 5'4"

I'm with ya! Back on plan a little over 2 weeks now and took off the dreaded 7 lbs I gained when I fell off the wagon plus one more for good luck. Feeling good and like I have some forward velocity now.

I'll fess up from the get go that my 30 day plan includes 1 cocktail night on the 10th, but I'm vowing to go no higher than the upper end of my calorie range for the day and right back on the wagon the next. (It's uncharacteristic of me to drink while on plan, but it's realistic that I'm going to go out and have a couple drinks now and again when I'm at goal so I need to learn how to moderate. It'll be good for me. )

On a separate note, happy birthday mama!
gloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:47 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 252/235.6/150

Height: 5'5

I'm up for this 30 day plan thread!

Exercise: 20 pushups, and 20 sit ups, stretching, chasing the puppy around the house for ten minutes to try and get him to eat XD.

Breakfast: A yummy piece of watermelon, and a few grapes.

exercise: jog a mile, walk two.

Lunch: a sandwich on whole wheat bread with a couple slices of chicken, tomato, lettuce, onion, and mustered.

Exercise: Go to the gym for about 40 minutes, and walking home.

Dinner: Grilled fish with fresh green beans, and a little bit of rice

Exercise: Walk for about 2-3 miles
ubercast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:50 PM   #11  
NEVER EVER going back

So far lunch I had a 1T of peanut butter and 1/2 medium banana on 2 slices of sunflower flax bread (HIGH in calories... 260 for two but SO GOOD), an unsweetened applesauce cup and 1 oz mozza cheese.

Played and danced with kiddo's all morning. 1 T of tea down. Snack planned is 2 cups of watermelon and a low fat granola bar.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:51 PM   #12  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

This is a GREAT idea! Mind if I join?

This is just what I need because I've been struggling and going on and off plan for the entire month of May. I'm looking to make June a good month! I gained about 5 pounds in my off month so I'm up to 167. Hoping to lose that plus some more. Around 12 pounds total for June. I think I can do it, if I can stay on plan! I'm also very close to weighing less than my hubby, so that is something else to look forward to. (In 5 years I've never weighed less than him)

After struggling with calorie counting, I've decided it just isn't for me. I'm going to just follow the eat clean diet by tosca reno and wear my body bugg to make sure i'm reaching my burn each day. My half marathon is creeping up on me pretty quickly and I'm very nervous about that as well! June 19th! ACK!
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 04:55 PM   #13  
NEVER EVER going back

Everyone is welcome of course!!!!

I kept myself busy during daycare kiddo naptime by talking on the phone, bathing my baby puppy and taking out/cleaning her ears (she's a collie and wears ear braces to help them come together and tip) I'm about to prepare snack for the littles and myself and get the girls off to ballet!
Old 05-31-2010, 04:56 PM   #14  
It's OK to be hungry

S/C/G: 297/T/170

Height: 5'3"

I am definitely in! My "on plan" is not to eat anything I shouldn't (obviously haha)- but even if I do have the calories for it! I want June to be full of healthy meals for my body and not a slice of pizza and a bread stick just because I have the 400 calories left in the day. Also, I'd like to stop eating after 8pm. I work until 4am and usually find myself having a snack after I put my LO to bed at 10. No more of that!

My calorie range is 1200-1500, seems I can't lose on any higher than that.
roxmysox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 05:57 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 232/153/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm in!

My plan: Daily exercise of at least 30 minutes.
Calories:1500-1600 daily
Fat consumption 30g or below (Next month I want 25g or less, but...this is THIS month! )
Abstain from all fast food except diet soda.
tigerchild is offline   Reply With Quote