Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-31-2010, 07:20 AM   #1  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up Binge-free challenge ~ May 31 - June 6

Hi everyone!! Welcome to the binge free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. No negativity! We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

Let's have an awesome week!!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:15 AM   #2  

Day 27
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/114/108

Working on Day 4
LataJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:32 AM   #4  
BlockHead =)

Today is Day 1 again. But. I don't feel bad about it. It was such a fun time upta camp and I didn't all out binge, just ate mindlessly and ate far far too much sugar. Physically I am tired from too much sun, sugar, nicotine and lack of sleep. And I know that I have to detox again. But I also know that I CAN detox again. So I will. Today is going to be a very good food day. Lots of water. Work in the garden some. It's going to be Day 1 but it's not going to be hard or depressing or a sign of failure. It's just going to be Day 1.
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:16 AM   #5  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Height: 5'6"

I need this challenge. I am only just beginning to acknowledge that I have a food addiction. Admitting this and having somewhere to go to be accountable to deal with it is HUGE.

I just had a bumpy weekend after six good weeks so this is...DAY 1
Rochester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 12:53 PM   #6  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Height: 5'6"

I just learned how deceptive my brain can be.

I decided to calculate how many calories my weekend binges were so I could see just how horribly awful they were. Both Saturday and Sunday were around 3,000 calories.

And do you know what my brain started doing? It tried to tell me that wasn't really so bad. It tried to tell me that I can eat up to 2,200 calories a day to maintain my weight (according to online calculators)...so another 800 wasn't that huge of deal.

Bad brain. Bad bad bad. Shut up.
Rochester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Day 21 today! I struggled a bit yesterday, but pushed through and was happy to have made healthy choices. And I don't feel sick like I would have had I binged!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 04:02 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 310/262/180 ish

Day one again! I want to do it! I know I can do it! Thanks for the new thread! I need this accountability! Best wishes to you all! Angela
Ang2877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 04:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/125/125

Height: 5'6

it's 10.30pm over here, so day one is done. I didn't binge but I feel unsatisfied.
Lizaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 04:59 PM   #10  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Day 4 again, I say again because I have been on day 4 so many times! Doing good, no picnics for me!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:54 PM   #11  

I had a huge binge today (actually the past 10 days have been one enormous binge), followed by a big old cry after catching sight of myself in the mirror. I can't understand why I binge when it makes me feel so bad about myself! I'm determined to get back to my diet starting from NOW! I'm hoping that coming here will give me something to hold myself accountable to. I'm scared that if I don't stop my binge eating now it's just going to escalate and stop me ever having a healthy relationship with food.
eryn s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:27 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

I'm over a week binge-free now. And, I've surprised myself by managing to visit and have meals with friends, indulge a little yet stay on plan, not binge, AND not feel deprived. I'm feeling pleased, shocked, and a bit at a loss as to why I managed to make it through the BBQs this weekend without binging. I couldn't even plan ahead because I didn't know what was being served.

I think I need to take some time and write down the decisions I made, how I was able to make them, and what the consequences were. I feel like so often I focus on what I did wrong and I never think about or analyze times when I've made healthy, smart choices. No wonder my screw-ups are so often at the front of my mind! They're all I think about!

So, here's to another binge-free week ladies! Good luck!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:28 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 205/202.4

Height: 5 ft

Today i ended up binging, i have been sick the last 4 days and wasnt able to eat for 2-3 so i finally was able to eat today and went over i ate around...2330 calories day.. tomorrow will be day one again for me. im feeling a little better and i go back to work tomorrow so its going to be a good day, me working usally gets my mind off of food... i still gotta buy some gum though so i wont buy candy and my break lol
nmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:58 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 165/125/125

Height: 5'6

Starting day 2.
I plan on going to the library instead of learning at home tonight. No food allowed in there. And when I come back home I can actually relax and maybe get to bed a little earlier. I feel so tired.
Lizaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:07 AM   #15  
BlockHead =)

Day 2 for me. And back to work after 4 days off.

harismm - congrats on Day 27!
LataJones and fruitlady - day 4 awesome!
Rochester, Ang, and erin - welcome! I wish you all the best in your struggles.
paris81 - yay on day 21! and congrats on making it through a rough day
foxxygirl - good for you! for making it through the weekend so well and for recognizing that you need to focus on your successes
Lizaly - yay for day 2!
nmgirl - good luck restarting!
WardHog - how are you doing?
tyla - how was your weekend?

Happy binge-free Tuesday everyone,
Jen
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote