Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2003, 12:31 PM   #1  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Default Question about weight lifting

Does anyone know ~ are there videos to help one learn how to do weight lifting. Something suitable for a beginner?

Thanks for your help.

glynne (Gayle)
Old 02-08-2003, 01:02 PM   #2  
Searching

If you can afford it the first time is best done with a personal trainer or a friend who already lifts. You want to maximize the best posture and follow through for performance.

Miss Chris
Old 02-10-2003, 01:47 AM   #3  

Default weight training videos

I bought a video from Prevention magazine called "Fat to Firm". It's a beginner's strength training video. I haven't used it yet, but did watch a bit-seems very well done.

Sherry
Old 02-10-2003, 07:52 AM   #4  

I started lifting with a video by Joyce Vedral (you can easily find her website through a search) - I got the Fat Burning workout, but she has quite a few. All you need are 3 sets of dumbbells - a bench is nice but not a requirement. I found it a great way to get started -- Volume 1 is two short workouts, upper and lower body, each about 25 minutes long. After doing it for just a short while, I found I was encouraged to do more ...

I imagine that there are plenty more videos (like the one mentioned above) that would do just the same, though it probably would be best to make sure it's for beginners. Vedral is a bit kooky, I suppose, but I think she's a hoot. Even if you don't want to buy her video, check out her website for her story.

Good luck!
Pen
Closed Thread