South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 06:12 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Memorial Monday Mutterings

It's the last day of May! This was/is my favourite month and there's only today left! I'm going to go out to the front porch, sip coffee and watch the world come alive.

What's happening in your world?
Old 05-31-2010, 06:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

May is always my favorite month, too, but June holds promise.

Ruth, I just came in from enjoying my first cup of coffee outside. A lovely day is unfolding here, and I'm glad I have one more day off so I can lounge around and enjoy it.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Ruth and Cottage! Enjoy the coffee on the front porch! I'm grabbing a few sips of water, then off for a run before the rest of the family rises. The birds are quite happy on this beautiful day. You're right, it's a beautiful month!

Last edited by TwynnB; 05-31-2010 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Adding Cottage
Old 05-31-2010, 06:52 AM   #4  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

All of you have great ideas on how to start the morning. I'm finishing breakfast before I start my morning walk.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:52 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Coffee on the porch sounds lovely but I'm too lazy to drag myself and my laptop down there (you don't expect me to start my day without the internet?!).

Ruth - I do love May though this one has just been wacky. I don't mind June so much either. Any months that include camping and vacations are good in my book .

Cottage - A lounging day sounds just right

Twynn - Enjoy your run

Not sure what's on today's agenda but it will be fun. Yesterday was a work day - gardening and lawn mowing and the yard is in better shape. There's always more work to be done this time of year We are either going for a hike or renting a kayak, or both!

Hope your day has a little fun and a little relaxation mixed together in just the right amounts
Old 05-31-2010, 07:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

How is time flying by so fast? Especially when the hours I try to keep from snacking drag on eternally?

I am going to watch the weather forecasts now to see what percentage chance there is of rain. No bike ride if it might be wet. Otherwise, that is my main plan for the day
Old 05-31-2010, 07:54 AM   #7  

Good morning everyone. I agree May is wonderful. Here in the Ohio Valley it's really rough for allergy sufferers.
I don't drink coffee so will grab a glass of water and hop on the exercise bicycle. Nice to have today off. I run a daycare from my home so most days I have little ones at my house before 5:00 am.
Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:10 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Welcome to the Daily Chat Enjoy your day off! I work with lots of home providers so know how special those days off really are!
Old 05-31-2010, 08:42 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

It sounds like a nice day for everyone! I'm enjoying coffee then off to my usual. My yoga teacher asked if anyone would come to class today...I said I would so she said she'd hold class, anyway. I'm thinking it may be semi-private.lol

Have a great day everyone! I'm committed to staying OP!
Old 05-31-2010, 08:53 AM   #10  
Be happy.

Good morning!
I just came in from a kayak ride. We slept in this morning and then ran right out to the water before breakfast. The teakettle is on now and my oats are cooking and my mom and Ferg are munching on their English muffins.

We went to the cemetery yesterday, but we missed the Memorial Day parade. It's always been on Monday here but this year they had to move it to Saturday and we didn't find out until someone mentioned it at church yesterday. Oh well, that means we've got a day with nothing on the schedule. That's a really nice change. lol

Enjoy your day my friends!
Old 05-31-2010, 09:10 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Debbie - That sounds great, enjoy the class.

Heidi - You're in the right place this weekend. We were planning to go to NH and rent a kayak but apparently there are serious air quality problems now because of the fires in Quebec. I noticed your area looks like it will have trouble all day
Enjoy your unscheduled day. What at treat.

Back to the drawing board today. DW strained a leg muscle Saturday so no strenuous hikes. Maybe I'll check some kayak rentals to the east.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:56 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 212/195/155

Height: 5' 8.5"

Hello everyone! Yesterday was a bit stressful. It is like that when the hubby's sister comes to visit. Everything just seems off kilter a bit for some reason. Didn't stay on diet for dinner, but managed to do so the rest of the day. I haven't been on a scale yet. Decided to wait a bit in case Margaret's pizza catches up with me. I don't wanna get myself discouraged over nothing.

I hope you guys are all having a happy Memorial day! Where did the spring go? Summer already?? wow!
Old 05-31-2010, 05:10 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all,

Had a wonderful weekend. Sounds like everyone is enjoying their memorial day and an extra day off.

Today we went to Six Flags and on the way home stopped off at Jefferson Barracks to pay our respect. Lots of people there.

Was oncall all weekend but it wasn't too bad at all.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:50 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 212/195/155

Height: 5' 8.5"

sounds like fun. I haven't been to six flags in a long time. We live at least four hours from there now.
Closed Thread