Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-30-2010, 09:01 AM   #1  
One day at a time :)

S/C/G: 157/134/122

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy I need a little kick in the butt :[

I went off plan yesterday, I admit it, and knew this was coming. This morning I was up two pounds from yesterday. Granted, a lot of what I had was carbs, but the rest was protein, and a lot of the WEIGHT itself feels like bloat. What do you think? How much weight is legit, how much is bloat? Either way, I'm getting right back on plan; It's not worth it to give up now.
ElanaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:06 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Just remember, the most important thing to do after a slip up is to get right back on plan. Don't wait for Monday. The sooner you get back to it, the sooner the pounds will come off.

There is no way on earth to know how much weight is fat and how much is bloat that one puts on. Just get back to your good eating program, and stick with it, stick with it, stick with it, and those pounds, whatever they're made up of will come off eventually.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 05-30-2010 at 09:07 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Get right back on plan ! Don't delay ! A slip up now and then won't do serious harm if you get right back on plan.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:49 AM   #4  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Yep no way to know how much of the weight is legit. I usually find it comes off pretty quickly. But I agree 100% don't focus on this slip. Don't even acknowledge it. Call it what it was, you choose to eat what you ate and now it's time to move on and get back on plan. These situtations are going to happen constantly and the most important part isn't whether you "cheat" at the moment or not it whether or not you get back on plan immediatly. None of us got fat from occassionally choosing to induldge, we got fat by continuing to choose to induldge. I see happen all the time, "I cheated, oh I'll never be able to do this, might as well give up and cheat again tomorrow." I used to do this ALL the time. But now I probably "cheat" on a weekly basis but am still losing because I'm on plan the rest of the time. We give this "cheating" too much credit, too much power. So accept and move forward, there is nothing you can do about it today accept get back on plan.

Last edited by ncuneo; 05-30-2010 at 09:51 AM.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:52 AM   #5  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

One slip-up is not going to hurt you too much as long as you get back on plan. As for the weight- meh, your body tends to fluctuate all over the place. I wouldn't worry too much. Unless you ate 7000 calories yesterday then there's no way you gained 2 pounds.

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:55 AM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncuneo View Post
Yep no way to know how much of the weight is legit. I usually find it comes off pretty quickly. But I agree 100% don't focus on this slip. Don't even acknowledge it. Call it what it was, you choose to eat what you ate and now it's time to move on and get back on plan. These situtations are going to happen constantly and the most important part isn't whether you "cheat" at the moment or not it whether or not you get back on plan immediatly. None of us got fat from occassionally choosing to induldge, we got fat by continuing to choose to induldge. I see happen all the time, "I cheated, oh I'll never be able to do this, might as well give up and cheat again tomorrow." I used to do this ALL the time. But now I probably "cheat" on a weekly basis but am still losing because I'm on plan the rest of the time. We give this "cheating" too much credit, too much power. So accept and move forward, there is nothing you can do about it today accept get back on plan.
I kinda disagree with don't even acknowledge it. I think you have to acknowledge it, own up to it so to speak. Once I start *not acknowledging* a slip up or whatever you want to call. Once I start feeling no *remorse*, for lack of a better term, than I'll do it again and again and again and before you know it, I'll be *not acknowledging* myself up all the way back to 287 lbs!!!
Old 05-30-2010, 10:01 AM   #7  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Quote:
I kinda disagree with don't even acknowledge it. I think you have to acknowledge it, own up to it so to speak. Once I start *not acknowledging* a slip up or whatever you want to call. Once I start feeling no *remorse*, for lack of a better term, than I'll do it again and again and again and before you know it, I'll be *not acknowledging* myself up all the way back to 287 lbs!!!
I suppose it's individual. While I don't disagree with what you are saying, I find it very unproductive for me to be remorseful and feel guilt. I guess I didn't really mean don't acknowledge it, I guess what I should have said was acknowledge it for a moment accept what happened, move on and get back on plan, don't dwell upon. I've had days where I just punished myself emotionally all day for "cheating" and that's just not healthy, we're all human and feeling guilty, remorseful, beating yourself up, feeling like a failure isn't going to change what happened, it happened. But I think we can agree that no matter how you react the most important part is to get back on plan immediatly, not tomorrow, not Monday, but immediatly.

Last edited by ncuneo; 05-30-2010 at 10:01 AM.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:19 AM   #8  
One day at a time :)

S/C/G: 157/134/122

Height: 5'3"

Thanks everyone I got right back on the wagon and did a little bit of extra running... well not really a LITTLE... I did 4.1 instead of my usual 2.5 miles And I didn't even realize how much it was until I Googled it just now!
ElanaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:35 AM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncuneo View Post
I suppose it's individual. While I don't disagree with what you are saying, I find it very unproductive for me to be remorseful and feel guilt. I guess I didn't really mean don't acknowledge it, I guess what I should have said was acknowledge it for a moment accept what happened, move on and get back on plan, don't dwell upon. I've had days where I just punished myself emotionally all day for "cheating" and that's just not healthy, we're all human and feeling guilty, remorseful, beating yourself up, feeling like a failure isn't going to change what happened, it happened. But I think we can agree that no matter how you react the most important part is to get back on plan immediatly, not tomorrow, not Monday, but immediatly.
I didn't particularly like the word that I chose - remorseful - which is why I surrounded it by asterisks.

But yes, it really IS individual - I actually find it productive, that feeling of "aw shucks why did I eat that????" In fact it's one of my best maintenance tools. Not to dwell on it, or beat myself up mercilessly for it, but just to acknowledge and REMEMBER how I don't like how I *feel* when I eat something *off-ish*. It's really hard to explain, yet alone here on the internet.

ElanaRose, you'll be fine, I've no doubt. We do have to realize that this is just PART of the journey and I think that too has to be acknowledged. We are not perfect, and luckily we don't have to be.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 05-30-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:52 AM   #10  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Good for you for getting RIGHT back on track and getting in extra activity!

Remember our bodies cannot process food/nutrients that quickly to convert everything from yesterday... and unless you truly ate 7,000 additional calories over your average total, you most likely didn't put on two pounds that weren't related to water retention, etc.
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:20 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 177/153/135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Totally! Get back to it. I've struggled to recover from injury, work and professional pressures, and depression (from all that and marriage concerns). I binged but didn't really hop back on to the plan of living well. Six months later with ten pounds heading off the gain column and I do say it's the attitude AFTER the binge. I'm back to calorie counting and also logging my binges. So the other day--Biggest Loser's Finale Day--I was dynamite all day long (even the dreaded monthly meeting that serves 10 pizzas to participants). Until air time and my family got home from karate. They had a huge cheese pizza...and not really eating it. There the pizza sat, uneaten, begging to be properly respected. I dove in and ate four pieces while watching the winners show off their bodies.

The next day I wrote all the calories down and started the next day back on track. I'm on a 105 day plan to lose 15 pounds. I made a chart of squares to color in each day of success. And I am coloring in the days when I have a deficit and not counting days that balance out or are more. So, I've been calorie counting for seven days but only can count six on my deficit chart. Because I'm competitive, I did this successfully last year. I hated not getting to color in my day. So, I stayed on track. My problem is that after my weight loss plan, I don't have maintenance games to play to stay. One Maintainer suggested to find new games to stay competitive. While on my 105 day plan, my hope is to find lots of games so I can make maintenance fun.

Congrats for jumping right back on track. You're a winner every time!
iaradajnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 01:47 PM   #12  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Good for you on deciding not to let a slip up hold you down And instead of a kick in the butt, how about a hug instead?
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 05:20 PM   #13  

two pounds isn't much dear, especially if you're in the practice of cutting carbs relative to your other macro-nutrients, it's probably just water weight. fear not! you are surely on track.
EatYourGreens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:25 PM   #14  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DhaniCauldwell View Post
One slip-up is not going to hurt you too much as long as you get back on plan. As for the weight- meh, your body tends to fluctuate all over the place. I wouldn't worry too much. Unless you ate 7000 calories yesterday then there's no way you gained 2 pounds.

Dhani
wow i really needed to read that today because i really messed up and overate off plan today. so i'll stick with it
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote