General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-29-2010, 07:59 AM   #1  
Wandervogel

S/C/G: 241/214.5/150

Height: 5'4

Default If you won the lottery...

What would you do with it? Imagine it's a really big one, like 130m.

I'd pay off my student loans... then call up the student loan place and pay off a bunch of random student loans so nobody has to suffer!!

What about you?
Raichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:17 AM   #2  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

I love your paying off random student loan idea!

I'd set up endowments for the two non-profits I volunteer for (a summer camp for rurally isolated VT kids and a dog rescue group for English Shepherds) so they weren't constantly worried about money.

And I think I'd like to have a pond so when it gets miserable hot inthe summer I can go soak my head.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:02 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I'd donate a lot of money to various animal rescues/shelters. Then I'd quit my job and do volunteer work.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:36 AM   #4  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

S/C/G: 285/205/160

Height: 5' 6"

#1: I'd make an appt with a laser place for getting all these damn tattoos OFF my body. All 12 of them. Long sleeves and pants all summer long gets pretty hot.

#2: Move to New Jersey and buy a place for my boyfriend and I to finally live together.

#3: Once my weight was where I want it, I'd make an appt with a plastic surgeon to get the best rack EVER. Stuff & lift, please.

#4: I'd make a really sizable donation to the AVSA (African violet Society of America)

#5: I'd travel the world going to African violet club meetings and shows with my boyfriend (he's also big into the hobby).

Those are the top 5 most important to me.
m3rma1d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 135/120/120

Height: 5'1"

• Give a sizable donation to breast cancer foundation (Susan G. Komen).. my momma has breast cancer.
• Pay off my credit card. It's not high, but I want it gone.
• Take all my girlfriends away for a cruise
• Travel with whatever is left
ThatJillianGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 12:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

I'd move in permanently with my boyfriend. Finding us a great house with room for a veggie/herb garden, an amazing kitchen and a big office for our computers. I'd also pay off my parents bills (my mom has been fighting a disability decision with her insurance company for years).
I'd also go back to school. The main thing stopping me right now is time/money.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 12:11 PM   #7  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Pay off student loans (and my siblings) and pay off my parent's house.

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 12:41 PM   #8  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

I'd give some to various charities.

Then I'd buy my mommy a house.

And I'd save the rest in the bank for any
future uses.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 12:53 PM   #9  

Height: 5'6

I see I'm not the only one that has the "what if I won the lottery?" fantasy. Here's what I'd do with the money:

First, 10/10/80. Save 10%, Tithe 10%, and use the rest on what I want to spend it on
Pay off my student loans
Pay off my boyfriend's loans and buy him a better car
Put aside enough money so that my boyfriend and I can have a nice wedding, 10 thousand or so.
Buy a house for us to live in after we're married
Pay off my brother and sister-in-law's loans and then give them 50 thousand or so for a down payment on a house and other moving expenses
Give my parents money to remodel their house so that they can live in it as they age (My Mom will be 60 this year and my Dad is 61; they're in very good health but it doesn't look like they'll be able to move for several years if at all.)
Take the family travelling, probably doing a grand tour of Europe.

I'd take a yearly allotment, so obviously the first year or two it would go pretty fast. After that I'd probably save and tithe on more than 10% and keep travelling with everyone. Looking at this post, I realize that I've thought about this topic way too much...I blame the Powerball billboard that I see about 5 minutes into my 30 minute drive to my parents' house.
Button is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: SW 255/220/155

Height: 5.5

Follow the Dave Ramsey Plan and get our family to financial peace!
Then donate to several charities as well as give large gifts to family and friends. Send all of my close loved ones on holidays that would be fitting to them and set them up on dave ramsey plan up until step 7!

Def. donate more to American Widow Project, fisher House, USO, sponsor several bases to offer financial peace, buy a plane and hire a pilot so I can visit family and friends whenever I want, possibly buy another one just for friends to use as well to visit their family.

Answer some of the wishes on some wish sites as well as donate to different kinds of health research like cancer, heart issue families set up a big foundation/charity for helping military families, open an AWESOME retreat center that focuses on weight loss but incorporates LARGE amounts of relaxation, gourmet food, FUN exercise, and relaxing exercise with spa treatments. Charge minimally for this but take profits to sponsor people who could not go.

Also get my hair and nails done a lot :P
spaghetticat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:52 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

I never play the lottery but I often fantisize about what I'd do with a big jackpot every time I hear about someone winning one!

I'd get a really good accountant right off the bat then I'd do the following:

1. 10% tithe to my church.
2. Up my contributions to our local food pantry (that supplies our church food pantry and many others in our area) and various other charities that are near and dear to my heart. Most likely would add some new ones.
3. Purchase a house for each of my siblings.
4. Give my kids and my niece a monthly stipend to they could live comfortably while they're going to school and not have to work so much. I hate seeing them struggle.
5. Pay for college for my neice. All ready paying for my own kids, so don't worry that I'm not being fair
6. Pay off my own house. Ask the hubby to retire and TRAVEL!
7. Pay off my MIL's home. She's the only parent who has not paid off her home.

Fun to dream...
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 05:21 PM   #12  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

pay off all bills, upgrade into a bigger house, call my work and tell them to.. well, you know... travel for a while, go to college to learn something i want to do instead of something i do just to get by, help out some family members, save a large portion for retirement.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 05:21 PM   #13  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

oh, and adopt a child.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:18 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 364/353/165

Height: 5'6"

130m you say? Hmm...I'd like to buy a ton of land and fence it all in.Then I'd take in feral cats from all over, fix them all and let them live out their lives in peace. Have an on site vet clinic and have numerous heated/cooled 'barns' all over for them to use in bad weather. Also a no kill shelter for the adoptable ones. And I can't forget a seperate area of land for any animal that is FIV positive but not symptomatic.
Kitsey is offline   Reply With Quote