South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 06:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Weekend Beach Happenings!

Good Saturday morning!

After I have my second cup of coffee Jake and I are headed out for breakfast, and then picking up the steaks we ordered for tomorrow's BBQ. We're providing the meat, and everyone else is bringing the side dishes. I'm going to grill portobellos stuffed with feta and salsa for Caitlyn and I, though.

I want to stop by the plant nursery and pick up more impatiens to fill the pots that my pansies are currently in, too. The heat is starting to affect my poor pansies and they're ready to be replaced.

Jake needs a haircut, so I'll get that done this afternoon, too.

So what's happening on your Beach today?
Old 05-29-2010, 06:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Cottage!

Your weekend sounds fabulous. I saw a recipe the other day for portabellas, with bleu cheese...sounds delish!! Hope you enjoy your time!

I was laying in bed debating if I should get up (the birds are quite noisy here!), when the DS came in and told me he peed in bed. Once I'm up, I'm up!! So, I'm drinking some H20, then heading out for a run. It seems to be a beautiful morning, and I'm sure the Reesie Pup will be happy to accompany me.

After that: clean, and then the local carnival!!

Have a great memorial day! Thanks to our military members!!
Old 05-29-2010, 06:53 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Slept until after six although I was in bed by ten. I was at a housewarming party for my next door neighbours for a while last night. I figured it was a good move so they wouldn't think I'm a stuffy old lady.

Cottage, I've experienced TD with you and yours and can just imagine this afternoon's BBQ. Wish I was there and spero che lei abbia un pomeriggio meraviglioso.

Twynn, at least your DS tells you. Mine would just make his own bed those mornings which was a dead giveaway, of course. You and Reesie enjoy your run!

Today is all mine! I may finally get the rest of the foundation planting done and maybe even get started on the veggies. It's "Doors Open" weekend as well as Memorial Day so the village will be hopping. The summer folks traditionally arrive this weekend so I expect lots of PA plates in the grocery store parking lots. Bob's Diner will be packed!

Scrambled egg with a morel mushroom and sliced tomato with basil coming up. I found a patch or morels beside the barn!

On with the day!
Old 05-29-2010, 06:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning I was here early and had no inspiration for a way to title the thread. Nothing.

Linda - Sounds like a busy but fun weekend for you. I saw portobellos on sale at the store yesterday and wondered how I could make them.

Twynn - I hope you have a great run. Poor DS.

We are going for a bike ride today. I am sure the path will be crowded. Later we have a graduation party and my plan is to not even walk within eye-sight of the food.

Have a great weekend all. BBL
Old 05-29-2010, 07:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Saturday!

Cottage, I've always wanted to try grilled portebellos. Next time I see them, I may buy a couple...

Twynn, Auston tells me right after it happens -- 2 a.m..... 4 a.m..... Sheesh!

Ruth, If your neighbors meet you for 2 minutes, they know you are NOT stuffy.

Karen, Good luck at the graduation party. It will probably be store-bought cake. It's easy to decline.

Me: I woke up to a lovely thunderstorm this morning. Hopefully that means our last teeball game will be cancelled. Even Auston has had enough teeball. As soon as I get the cancelled word, my MIL and I are going shopping -- or after the game, whichever comes first.

We are going to have an exciting weekend. Tomorrow night, Jeff and I are going to see a friend's band play at a local club. Fun, Fun! We haven't been on a date in ages!
Old 05-29-2010, 07:15 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Linda, thanks for getting us started! Your weekend sounds fun! I'm with Twynn and Chelby, going to have to try those portabellos!

Twynn, I'm like you, once I'm up I'm up! Sorry that was your start but glad DS trusts you when he has an accident. Glad you and Reesie got out for a run!

Karen, have a great bike ride! I hope there is some SBD friendly food at your event.

Ruth, your weekend sounds perfect! I'm glad to hear you got some needed rest-perhaps it's the relaxation response kicking in. Yum-morels!

Chelby, I hope your game gets cancelled but that the weather is nice enough for everything else!

First cup of coffee here. Slept in....it's going to be a beautiful day! In Alaska, this was the official start of the huge tourist season-10,000-15,000 extra visitors in our little Hamlet by the Sea, so weekends and especially holidays were times to stay home and enjoy or head to a location where they couldn't go. I find I do the same here. The pool will be super busy this weekend, so we'll go early and then head home for ??
Old 05-29-2010, 07:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Debbie, Tourist Season never happens in Beautiful Remlap, Alabama!
Old 05-29-2010, 07:28 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

lol Chelby!
Old 05-29-2010, 07:59 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I finally got some of the sleep I've been attempting for weeks. Now I'm just slow and lazy. I'm sure I have lots to do but until I make the list it's not staring me in the face.

Cottage - sounds like another fun family weekend for you Looks like you have us all thinking of portabellos on the grill. I was just looking over Kalyn's grill list when I read this so now I'm thinking eggplant and portabellos for dinner.

Twynn - It's nice and cool here this morning, hope the same for your run

Ruth - hooray for weekends for you! I have never found morels though I've looked. I've had a few other varieties but never a morel. Enjoy your day!

Karen - Happy bike riding and party success.

Chel - Always fun to see you in the mornings Happy shopping. I've been meaning to get to Kohls but am not brave enough to do it this weekend.

Debbie - Tourists descending here too but we also have that all winter. Every Friday night the traffic heads north, every Sunday afternoon it heads south. Locals refer to them as flatlanders Luckily there are no tourist attractions in our little corner so it's quiet here. Does require more creativity when going out to a trail though. Sounds like a lovely, relaxing day for you and the pups.

No big plans here today. If the rain holds off I'll be getting the garden in. I'd love to fit a bike ride in too but hate riding in the rain. I'd rather walk if there's any chance of getting caught. I'm trying to plan meals for the weekend but my brain is fuzzy. I'd rather not need to go to the grocery store more than once.

Maybe it's time for that asparagus omelet (with refried beans on the side, of course)
Old 05-29-2010, 09:14 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Cyndi, I'm glad you got some rest, too! Have a take it easy day! I'm meeting my friend at 8 for the short pup walk, but I'm thinkin of cruising through the neighborhood on my bike-lilacs and yard sales! I was really interested in getting the weed wacking done-but that was at 6(socially unacceptable) and now I'm "over that". lol

Heidi, Hope your travels were uneventful.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:36 PM   #11  
Be happy.

Hello from Massachusetts

We did have an uneventful trip Debbie, thanks. I sure was glad we were heading OUT of Maine and not IN to Maine though. Traffic was already backing up when we went through the toll booths before 8 a.m......

Today is supposed to be stormy so we're staying out of the water but I'm looking forward to some kayaking tomorrow. My nephew Matt is here right now. He's 7 and quite entertaining. Once he leaves I hope to get a walk in. I'm not sure if I'll eat on plan all weekend so I really need to keep moving!

Have a great Saturday!
Old 05-29-2010, 12:47 PM   #12  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Today seems like a nice day. No "official" plans but I'd like to take the kiddies out either for a hike (well, long walk- its hard to hike with a stroller, lol) or to the playpark for them. Gets me out and moving too.

I read a book recently that really emphasises the importance of moving for kids on the spectrum. Apparently the kids are short on the vestibular system and another system I forget the name of but basically it's how you feel in relation to gravity. When you move around, you get to feel your body in relation to the world around you and the feeling of gravity helps with that. On the computer or watching movies (Carter's 2 focused interests) that doesn't happen. So, I've had him out and about way more frequently. He's also been swinging on the swing which he had a phobia of before (bc of his bad balance he was afraid of falling off) and I've already noticed a reduction in his "fantasyland" time. LOL So that is terrific!!
Old 05-29-2010, 05:44 PM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Yard sales were uneventful but I pedaled around. I said I would relieve my friend at her store so she could check on her pups and we ended up drinking espressos and visiting with customers. I'm going to help out a bit as she sorts through her partners personal items and will go over for a bit tonight.

Natalia, that is so interesting! I'm really glad to hear parents focusing on getting the kids stimulated in other ways. I don't have kids so it's somewhat foreign to me.lol

We had crack slaw for lunch and I saved my salad for later....think I'll go and enjoy it.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:37 AM   #14  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

We went to Olive Garden yesterday for my mom's birthday. I made it through a meal at Olive Garden without eating any breadsticks or pasta!! I did have 2 bites of the tiramisu, but I consider that "on program."

Natalia: My son is on the spectrum as well. (I'm assuming you're talking about autism?) He's 13 now, and we are constantly amazed at how he has changed over the years and how much he is accomplishing.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:52 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. This is a "me" day around here again. Yesterday was not a pure "me" day as I did need to get groceries but today I am even skipping Church! I will be working on MY garden stuff and am so happy about that. I did get a couple of planter boxes done for myself yesterday and did work in a wee visit with my new neighbours. So I'm not turning into a complete hermit!

Happy Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend.
Closed Thread