Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-27-2010, 01:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Default NSV. . . eh, not so much

So last night I was brushing my hair after my shower. I noticed these weird lumps under my eyes. Oh, yeah, those are my cheekbones! Haven't seen them in a while, nice indention under them brings your attention away from my double chin.

Wait a minute, where is my double chin? I stood sideways trying to peek from the corner of my eye to see my profile. Check, double chin is gone.

BUT, in it's place, a nice swingy loose turkey waddle. EEK!!! The crepe-y, papery skin that's all empty of fat now is NOT tightening up under my chin.

And here I thought I was saving up for my tummy tuck, but apparently I'm going to need a facelift if this keeps up!
goodforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 01:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 299/?/170

Height: 6'1"

Maybe the surgeon will give you a 2-for-1 deal. (or just try sleeping with an ace bandage around your head-totally kidding of course).
I am going to need my chest and tummy done for sure, and probably arms and legs too. I have the most non-elastic skin ever! I'm thinking of doing my residency in plastic surgery so maybe I can get a huge discout!
Med School Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

I'd take some cheekbones and swingy loose turkey waddle over a double chin anyday! Congrats!

Side note--does anyone remember that character from Ally McBeal (I think) who was super turned on by women's turkey waddles? funny!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

i believe in facial exercises...do this. close your mouth, push your lower jaw forward..it will feel funny and tight in your neck. Next tilt your head up, look at the ceiling and push your tongue all the way to the top of the roof of your mouth. do it front, side to side.

REASONING: you are losing fat, something needs to take the place...plump up the muscle beneath to tighten the skin. you can build muscle in the face and neck. drink lots of water--to increase skin elasticity.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

Sorry, I know I shouldn't laugh but I have to, it's the only way to keep from crying because the same thing is happening to me.

I'm trying to do exercises, and also want to buy some heavy duty old lady neck cream to see if that helps any.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

oh yea, i forgot to mention...always moisturize before exercises--even if it is just water. I love coconut oil. right after the bath, slather it on your face while it is wet, coconut oil absorbs very easily and your skin looks so refreshed!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote