Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-27-2010, 04:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 203/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Stuck at 168.6

I am so frustrated. For the last six days, I have weighed exactly the same. I have three scales and all three of them agree that my weight hasn't changed (though one of them says I am a few pounds lighter than I really am). I am on day 3 of WW (before I was SB) and I have exercised the last two days.

I am starting to feel like I am never going to lose weight. I feel gross and beastly and this is all made worse by having my younger sister, a model, around. She is 5'9" and weighs 110 lbs.

When I first hit this weight, I was thrilled because it meant I had lost 35 lbs, but now I need to see some kind of result. Any suggestions?
girlinwaterglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 04:57 PM   #2  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

6 days?
Keep going. You will find many people around here that have been stuck for a lot longer then that.

I suggest staying off the scale for a few days, work hard, and stand on it again in a week. You have lost 35 pounds, you know you can do it. Now that you are closer to a normal weight it is going to come off much slower.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:00 PM   #3  
Diana Kay

S/C/G: 275/SeeTicker/200

Height: 5'11"

Try kicking up your exercise a notch - Just increase the intensity, the time... Something. Keep your body guessing!

As far as your sister goes, if she's truly 5'9" and 110 pounds, she's technically underweight... I just checked it out on a BMI calculator(Granted BMI certainly isn't everything, but still!). That weight is scary sounding to me, so don't be envious of that. The goal is to be healthy, and that's what you're working towards. Don't forget that.

Your body is going to do what it's going to do... But progress will happen. You just have to be patient! I know it isn't easy, but so few things ever really are. Just hang in there!
ninepaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:00 PM   #4  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

It's normal for your body to hit a plateau. Try doing a different kind of exercise or eating something you wouldn't normally eat (if you eat a lot of veggies try eating more fruit). You can overcome this! Good luck.

-Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:26 PM   #5  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

i wouldnt worry too much about 6 days. i was stuck at 181 for 6 weeks. sometimes it just takes a minute to push through certain weights.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/159/135

Height: 5'1"

I was stuck at just about 184 for an entire year. 6 days is nothing. just concentrate on sticking to plan. I find it takes a couple days for the body to adjust to what you've been doing to it anyway.
atreyyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:57 PM   #7  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotypical View Post
6 days?
Keep going. You will find many people around here that have been stuck for a lot longer then that.

I suggest staying off the scale for a few days, work hard, and stand on it again in a week. You have lost 35 pounds, you know you can do it. Now that you are closer to a normal weight it is going to come off much slower.
Yep, I agree with this. Don't give up and give that scale a break
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

girlinwaterglobe... please give yourself a break, look at your starting weight compared to now. Remember, sustained weight loss is a lifelong journey, and 6 days is nothing in the game. Weight loss is not linear.

Also, you are on day 3 of a new plan. While a lot of people see an initial huge weight loss in the beginning of a plan (particularly when they have a lot to lose), when you get down to lower numbers, it can take a good 4-6 weeks to see a noticeable change (visual in the mirror). Back away from the scale and give yourself a lot more credit than you think you deserve!
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:49 PM   #9  
Starting Fresh

Something I heard on this site always sticks in mind:

"You didn't gain it over night, it won't come off over night either."
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote